test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

*SOLVED* I can't use or shoot with my ground weapon

gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
edited April 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi,

i've got an Alt he is Fed Reman Male Engineer. He uses a very rare Plasma Dual Pistols Mk XI [CritD][CrtH][KB3] and a very rare Plasma Split Beam Rifle Mk XI [CrtH]x2 [Dmg]. i can't shoot with both weapons. the primary and secondary fire and meele attack are missing from the abilities tray.
And i also think many ground and space traits are missing. i can't play any missions.

here are a few screen shots. http://imgur.com/a/rB45g

update: it also appears my other 2 alts a Fed Reman Male Tactical and a Fed Reman Male Scientist have the same problem. i'm now stuck at level 50 and can't progress through the episode missions.

M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
Post edited by gagocash on

Comments

• scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    I had a similar bug where one weapon only would jeb and punch instead of the firemodes

maybe the workaroudn works 4 u too

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1210041/tr-116b-sniper-rifle-cant-shoot-character-tray-bugged-since-jan-4-2016-fixed-thanks-for-nothing/p1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    I have this too !

take the Weapon , put it on - one of your Bridge Officers after it was equipt there it should work again

i have a much bigger problem it happens to all my Ground Items ....
    Kit modules , kit Frames , even Set bonuses

if that is not helping you
    you can go to space (not sector) and use an old "Loadout" if availabel when the weapon did work

get back to Ground and it should work
  • gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    preiko wrote: »
    I have this too !

take the Weapon , put it on - one of your Bridge Officers after it was equipt there it should work again

i have a much bigger problem it happens to all my Ground Items ....
    Kit modules , kit Frames , even Set bonuses

if that is not helping you
    you can go to space (not sector) and use an old "Loadout" if availabel when the weapon did work

get back to Ground and it should work
    Nope, didn't work. I was 2 years away from sto. i left sto because of the bugs. i see nothing has changed. lol

now i try to figure out, how do i finish the new episode missions, if i can't participate in ground mode?

• lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The emptying of the ground trays happened back when they revamped the skills. What you have to do is repopulate the trays by opening the Available Skills menu (click the "View all available abilities" button located at the top right of the powers tray) and drag your skills back into the powers tray, making sure that Primary fire goes into tray 1 box 1, Secondary fire into tray 1 box 2 and weapon bash into tray box 3. The other skills can go wherever you want.
    edited March 2017
    lhoygow wrote: »
    The emptying of the ground trays happened back when they revamped the skills. What you have to do is repopulate the trays by opening the Available Skills menu (click the "View all available abilities" button located at the top right of the powers tray) and drag your skills back into the powers tray, making sure that Primary fire goes into tray 1 box 1, Secondary fire into tray 1 box 2 and weapon bash into tray box 3. The other skills can go wherever you want.
    I did this! but there are no skills i could move into the tray! do you even understand what i'm saying?
    here please look at this 7 screenshots and you will understand. sometimes people understand images better than 1000 words.
    http://imgur.com/a/BLCG2
    in sector space i can't go slipstream or transwarp back to sol station. and on space maps i can't do the evasive maneuvers because they just don't even exist. and why do i have traits in my skills?
    on ground i can't shoot. i've paid real money for the char slots and their equipment and now i can't use them.
    it makes me want to do another 2 year break from the game, like i did the last time because of all the bugs.
    and it seems nobody cares about the game bugs anymore.
    i've tried everything in my side to fix it. i changed the weapons, the ship, the boffs. nothing helps.
    and why do the end user have to fix the problem?
    shouldn't we have a working game?

here look at this
    http://imgur.com/a/8EZAT
    i can't transwarp anywhere. transwarp is greyed out.

• fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    this has been going on for me since before X-mas.put in two tickets.all albility trays are correct and even had GM's trouble shoot with me and they said it had to be a bug.so why don't they say something about it under"known issues" in the patch notes?
    Update and Fix.

i think i found the solution how to fix this problem.
    all you have to do is U->Skills->Retrain
    lol, the solution is so easy. i never touched the retrain thing, because all i know it costs Zen, hehehe.
    don't worry the first retrain after the introduction of the new skill revamp is for free.

http://imgur.com/a/7iVeR

i almost thought i have to replay all episode missions, maybe i missed some trigger there.
    i scratched my head the whole day, what could be the problem here?
    and then i thought to just delete the chars and create new chars and level them up.
    thank god i found the fix, it saves me alot of time and work.

Damn.

P.S. Thread title can be changed to solved and thread can be closed for now. thanks.