test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how is this guy flying a borg diamond?

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    They didn't, likely they used dev commands to replace ship models. The question is whether or not this person is a dev. Maybe, can't rule it out entirely, but more likely this is a cheater.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVuEGLH94vM

how do people get thse shisp?

People probably get these ships on tribble.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    or are using demorecord to skinswap - in which case, it's prerecorded gameplay, not live​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    They didn't, likely they used dev commands to replace ship models. The question is whether or not this person is a dev. Maybe, can't rule it out entirely, but more likely this is a cheater.

This is probably the reason. If you look at the ship above the name, you will see that it isn't actually a Borg Diamond.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Jealous aye OP?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

This is probably the reason. If you look at the ship above the name, you will see that it isn't actually a Borg Diamond.

Yep, judging by the Command powers and the pets, I think it's actually just a Presidio. He just made it look different somehow, but he's obviously not really flying a Borg ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    or are using demorecord to skinswap - in which case, it's prerecorded gameplay, not live​​

This^^

One can record the game with demorecord and then after replace any ship with a different skin. It's only cosmetic and it's not how the player looked while he was recording. The Borg Diamond skin was added after the recording was made.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    maybe some new ship holo emitters are gonna come?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    some interesting hud mods too.. the LCARS dislay and the box controls at the top...
    Spock.jpg

• rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    HaHahahahahahhahaha. Oh @stoleviathan999#6673 you're such a character! XD