test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUG] Cannon Shots Disappearing After Being Fired

nyzam45nyzam45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
While playing the new FE today, I noticed my cannons shots were turning invisible moments after being fired. All cannon bolts disappeared after about 1km from my ship. Functionally, they are still hitting their targets just fine, as I am still able to defeat enemies as before. I've tested this in other areas and found the same results. The bug does not appear to be any part of the lighting system, as the shots disappear regardless of 2.0 or old settings. I'm currently using Fleet Tetryon Cannons, (heavy and normal), the Wide-Arc Tetryon cannons, Tetryon turrets, and the Hirogen cannon, so I'm unsure if this bug has affected other cannon types. Can anyone else confirm if this is happening for them as well?

Comments

• huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    confirmed - I intermittently experienced this same issue with disruptor cannons. am using the arc dual heavy cannon, elachi dual heavy crescent cannon, and resonant disruptor dual heavy cannon. The visuals effects of all cannons for some fired shots vanish immediately after firing rather than travelling entire path to target.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • dubshack79dubshack79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I noticed the same last night with torpedoes on my Nautilus build... and I could be wrong but it seemed like a number of Temporal powers weren't appearing right. I think it might be the lighting, but there's this other weird issue where turning it off somehow sets the graphic quality to minimum even if I turn everything else back on.
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    When this visual bug will be fixed, please also fix the messed up firing animation of Herald Antiproton Turrets where shots originate several kilometers off the sides of the ship.

LINK: Herald Antiproton Turret Scatter Volley Shot Animation Still Broken
    Post edited by cklib on
  • captjono1captjono1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    BUMP!
    Same problem. It also happens when I launch torpedos while firing cannons. Incoming fire disappears as well.

Intel Core i7
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Fleet Admiral
    35th Expeditionary Fleet
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Same problem here!
  • kepasbeleglornkepasbeleglorn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Same here
    *bump* Nothing in the patchnotes about this.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Happens to me with the Advance Lukari wossname dual cannons from the reputation system and the Dominion polaron DCs.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I can confirm this, 2 of my chars have this problem witn cannons, quite odd actually
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    "Bullets" still disappear long before hitting the target.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, i have some problems with some of my chars still, changed them to beams, for now, until fixed!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Still not fixed...
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I can confirm this happening, although only under special circumstances when there's a lot of GFX going on. I think this is a mechanic trying to decrease strain on graphics and like the "invisitorps" back in the day for some reason the actual projectiles fired by players and NPCs have a rather low priority and get removed first.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou