test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Lobi Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
Everything in the Lobi store is 20% off this weekend!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10419633-20%-lobi-sale!

Comments

• Options
    aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I need a kelvin Vengeance but I am a little low on lobi
  • Options
    sorojisoroji Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I'd say clarify the title of the post... if you guys actually sold lobi out right that would be one thing...
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Sweet. Been eyeing a Xindi Ateleth for some time.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    It's about time. Only six months late on this sale.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    'Bout time! I think it's been almost a year since the last lobi sale!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This -20% Lobi sale coupled with the guaranteed 10 Lobi for the, on sale, R&D Packs will probably tempt many.

I think Lobi store items are probably the most expensive items in game given their accumulation rate & the costs of Lobi items themselves ... even the older items.

It is good then to have a Lobi store sale & a way to receive more than usual Lobi from a gambling mechanism currently :-)

It just sucks that Lobi items are only per character which I consider part of their extreme cost, but it is good for those that have everything &/or collectors.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    August 2015
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    This -20% Lobi sale coupled with the guaranteed 10 Lobi for the, on sale, R&D Packs will probably tempt many.

I think Lobi store items are probably the most expensive items in game given their accumulation rate & the costs of Lobi items themselves ... even the older items.

It is good then to have a Lobi store sale & a way to receive more than usual Lobi from a gambling mechanism currently :-)

It just sucks that Lobi items are only per character which I consider part of their extreme cost, but it is good for those that have everything &/or collectors.

I only use Lobi for very, very specific characters that, due to the investment, will also never ever be deleted. For isntance, I tailored my AOY character to be a 29th century temporal agent, so I purchased the Wells uniform for 200 Lobi and went out of my way to scrape together 100m EC to buy a Wells off the exchange. I had 300-odd Lobi accumulated during events and some opened lockboxes over six years and that's where the majority went because after assessing my Lobi habits - only accumulating them over six years and never ever using them for character bound items - I figured eh, why not. It doesn't make a difference saving Lobi as I will never "seriously" spend them. Now this sale might let me purchase the energy whip for my Lukari character, which is entirely themed around electric damage.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    They probably decided to do the Lobi sale after the less than enthusiastic response to the new ship promotion. Gotta make them sales, folks.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    None of the lobi ships interest me. Maybe if there was actual TOS themed ships in the lobi store i'd hit the lockboxes more.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Grrr. I waited 6 months for a lobi sale before buying my paradox. I didn't think that there would be one.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I welcome this any time. I can add more ships to my fleet of 103 ships
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).