test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I recruit colonist? Duty Officers.

m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
edited February 2017 in The Academy
I did some colonist mission and now I have like 5 civilians in my passenger area. How do I recruit or get rid them?

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Under your Duty Officer Assignments, click Department Heads and look under Operations.

Once every 20-24 hours, there should be an available assignment called "Assignment: Resettle Colonists."

Successful completion awards 5 Colonists. You can run it on average of 1/day and though it's classified as 'Uncommon' it's actually quite the opposite.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    The admiralty feature is another good way to garner colonists
  • Options
    m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Under your Duty Officer Assignments, click Department Heads and look under Operations.

Once every 20-24 hours, there should be an available assignment called "Assignment: Resettle Colonists."

Successful completion awards 5 Colonists. You can run it on average of 1/day and though it's classified as 'Uncommon' it's actually quite the opposite.

Does all Duty Officer missions just repeat?
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Yep. Feel free to do any of them that you want. There are the few that can only be done once like "Investigate Temporal Anomaly". In those cases you get the rewards whether you succeed or fail.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Admiralty has a chance to drop colonists and prisoners.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Moved to more appropriate forum category.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Also - colonists can be used in the 'exploration zone' duty officer missions (like at Delta Volanis) to advance the chain mission.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Colonists can also be used in Fleet projects that call for civilian duty officers.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Recrute:
    Doff misions (under colonial tab), biggest chance toget taht doff mission: Sol/ Qo'nos system, rest around the nebula's
    This is repeatable mission.

Admirality System gives them (in a box, not schrodinger, they come out alive) iirr often by fed or kdf Admirality quests, the romulan is more minerals.

You can use them/dump them in colonial missions in nebula's. Each nebula has a chain of itself, and some random quests, which could use colonists.
    Also several Fleet projects can use Colonists.

You can hve 20 passengers on roster, and iirr that also includes the refugee, which are more usefull for recrute doff missions.

basically what seaofsorrows said.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."