test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch notes on Cherry and Lime Epohhs

Hi there,

The patch notes say we can now trade in Cherry and Lime Epohhs, but there are no tabs on the DS9 and Drozana GPL stores to do so. Woody behind the bar also shows nothing. Where are we supposed to trade them in?

Thanks ...

Comments

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    My guess is next time winter comes around we'll be able to.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    There is a console on the back wall where you turn in stuff. Over on the other side of the Dabo Table.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    satai07satai07 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I might be missing something here, but I've checked the GPL conversion units on Drozana and DS9. Neither have the ability to turn in Epohhs that I can see.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to tell people straight that it will be fixed for the next winter event and people can hold onto them if they like?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    Not there for me either... Would have been real nice for a clarification on WHEN those doggone epohhs would be redeemable...

:(
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    angrybobh wrote: »
    My guess is next time winter comes around we'll be able to.

My guess is your correct.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Try to make the store screen bigger, seems the Ferengi's have some gimmick on basic screen size of store.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    @mephizton2092, did you do that? Did it work for you?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Great....curiosity has me signing in the game...
    Yup...no Epohhs at all at that console at Drozana.
    But you can trade in the WW commodities and Epohh TAGS....another strangeness.

So, meantime, Ferengi cashed in a load of Bajoran Gratitude Beads.
    I guess, one must wait until next Winter Event to have any Epohhs show up anywhere for trade.

But wait...why would they show up on the GPL console?
    Silly me...aren't they supposed to be traded for Marks?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    No it doesnt work
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Great....curiosity has me signing in the game...
    Yup...no Epohhs at all at that console at Drozana.
    But you can trade in the WW commodities and Epohh TAGS....another strangeness.

So, meantime, Ferengi cashed in a load of Bajoran Gratitude Beads.
    I guess, one must wait until next Winter Event to have any Epohhs show up anywhere for trade.

But wait...why would they show up on the GPL console?
    Silly me...aren't they supposed to be traded for Marks?
    ^ this is what ive experienced also :(
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Hi again,

I extended the windows and no hidden tabs.

This has to be a bug. Right after the event we could trade in all but the Cherry and High End Lime Epohhs, but that has been removed from the GPL stores, as well as from Woody at Quarks.

If we were expected to wait until Christmas, why would Cryptic has worded the patch note this way ...
    "Resolved an issue where the Cherry Epohhs and Extreme Lime Rare Epohh were not able to be turned in for marks."

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    i investigated this at DS9 and there does not appear to be any way to trade them in.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Now that you can (theoretically) turn them in, you also want a place to actually do it! What whining! Y'all just never be satisfied! :D
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I ended the frustration and deleted all of my Lime and Cherry Epohhs.

I know i'll miss out on the many Marks that they would have provided, but I won't be doing the race anymore, so the relief on that takes away any real sense of loss.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Has anyone made this work? Just to be sure it isn't an individual toon issue?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    Watch there be a patch note next Thursday saying, "oh, we forgot, and now you can turn then in... For reals this time..."

:)
    CM
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Watch there be a patch note next Thursday saying, "oh, we forgot, and now you can turn then in... For reals this time..."

CM

I doubt it. More likely Cyptic has patted themselves on the back and completely forgotten about this until the next time the Winter Event comes around.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »

CM

I doubt it. More likely Cyptic has patted themselves on the back and completely forgotten about this until the next time the Winter Event comes around.

when they introduce the silver and gold epohhs and don't add them to the turnin...
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Cryptic performing as expected.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Well the missing (this year's) Winter stuff was now in the Event Store as indicated in the Patch Notes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Seriously Cryptic you finally give us the ability to cash in the cherry epohhs then at the same time you take away the means at which we can cash them it, where the hell is the logic in that!! :neutral:
    Sto%20Final.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    borgx666 wrote: »
    Seriously Cryptic you finally give us the ability to cash in the cherry epohhs then at the same time you take away the means at which we can cash them it, where the hell is the logic in that!! :neutral:

actually, they took away the means several weeks ago when the winter event ended...which is when they SHOULD have fixed the issue, if not the next patch after someone reported the problem in the first week of the event​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    yeah we'll be able to turn in our cherry and lime epohs next year but next years special flavors and color will prob have to wait till 2019 to turn those in
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User

actually, they took away the means several weeks ago when the winter event ended...which is when they SHOULD have fixed the issue, if not the next patch after someone reported the problem in the first week of the event​​

This. I find it baffling that they didn't, since they have been speedy about sorting out Winter and Summer Event issues in years past.

• Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User

This. I find it baffling that they didn't, since they have been speedy about sorting out Winter and Summer Event issues in years past.

It's not baffling. They no longer have the staff they used to working on this game, and what staff they do have are not as experienced with the code base. Thus they are incapable of producing new content and items while at the same time maintaining the existing systems properly.

Nothing mysterious about it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Bring the problem to the attention of our CM, ambassadorkarl#6946. Maybe he can find out what's going on.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    Just a follow-up, even though the patch notes said that it was fixed, it's not.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Just a follow-up, even though the patch notes said that it was fixed, it's not.

I sold mine no problem in Q's Winterwonderland. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    duhfenduhfen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I was able to cash in Limes But there are no cherry or wild cherry above the pup level
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,346 Community Moderator
    edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.