test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still Being Told I Am Using Out Of Date Drivers....

sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
As the title says, I am using up to date drivers, so why are AMD users still having this problem?
Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

Comments

• Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    As the title says, I am using up to date drivers, so why are AMD users still having this problem?

Well you could roll back to one year old drivers those will be recognized as new, fresh and awesome.

Fun aside yes just to give it a try i did rollback my AMD Crimson Relive drivers to some one year old Catalyst drivers and sudenly the "You are using outdated ATi Drivers" disapeared.

This is on several levels not funny and sad alike for once i never had any ATi device installed and the rebrand of ATi is several Years back now.

But that the game is not capable to identify current Relive or recent Crimson Drivers should be a clear indicator that Cryptic just did not put any work hours into updating vendor and device iD's for AMD products something that in a best case scenario would only take hours or at worst a few days.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I don't think it's exclusively a driver problem tbh. I recently had to roll my entire windows installation back to a six month old backup, at which point the error went away and Cryptic seemed to feel I was all up to date using the latest drivers (I was using a different video card back when I swapped out the hard drives, so the backup did not include AMD drivers). After Windows auto update installed a bunch of updates the error came back.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I don't think it's exclusively a driver problem tbh. I recently had to roll my entire windows installation back to a six month old backup, at which point the error went away and Cryptic seemed to feel I was all up to date using the latest drivers (I was using a different video card back when I swapped out the hard drives, so the backup did not include AMD drivers). After Windows auto update installed a bunch of updates the error came back.

Hmmm... That is interesting. Too bad I can't test it on any of PCs or laptops. Both PCs have nVidia GPUs as well as one of the laptops. The other laptop has an older Radeon HD 8850m from 2012 (a little more powerful than a 940mx), but I do not get error messages even though drivers are up to date.

• Options
    atavus8501atavus8501 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Patched 44.9MB / 1038MB
    Received 41.7MB - 4%

2-3 hour.

END OF EVENt,
    Give We 3 day 7th acc event
    no programming ability and foresight ability
    facers
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User

Just rolling back to a driver from 2015 did do the trick no Microsoft related patch involved.

but in your case if you did not have any AMD drivers installed other then the Win 10 specific those happen to be actualy AMD drivers as well just older WHQL certified ones.

Question is what did break it the Switch to the Crimson/Relive Drivers or when AMD decided to bunch up there cards as R* 200/300/400 cards.

So still the Cryptic has the ball they have to fix the problem it is not a Driver Issue.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    splitboy wrote: »

Just rolling back to a driver from 2015 did do the trick no Microsoft related patch involved.

but in your case if you did not have any AMD drivers installed other then the Win 10 specific those happen to be actualy AMD drivers as well just older WHQL certified ones.

Question is what did break it the Switch to the Crimson/Relive Drivers or when AMD decided to bunch up there cards as R* 200/300/400 cards.

So still the Cryptic has the ball they have to fix the problem it is not a Driver Issue.

For that brief period where I wasn't getting the error I did have updated AMD drivers installed, had to install them to get a decent resolution, only thing that wasn't up to date at that time was windows. I have no idea why that could be, that's just how it was.

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png