test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Means to an End

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Come with us on a journey to the past, and discover how the relationship between the Tzenkethi, the Lukari, and Promotmatter began:

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10402953

Comments

• Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Okay...still don't understand their reason. All I can think up is that there is some enemy they are facing and it has something to do with those crystals and something the Klingons, Federation and Romulans don't know themselves.
  • Options
    czechmarkczechmark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    Okay...still don't understand their reason. All I can think up is that there is some enemy they are facing and it has something to do with those crystals and something the Klingons, Federation and Romulans don't know themselves.

I'm wondering if it might not be related to the First Federation, given their presence in the new Alpha Qudrant map. They were implied to be very powerful in the one episode they appeared, and I could see a warlike species like the Tzenkethi provoking them without realizing the risk. I would argue that as fun as is another reference to TOS, there's no real reason the First Federation should be arbitrarily put on the map, given all the other possible shout-outs from TOS one might include (those black and white bicolor aliens, for one). Perhaps the First Federation seeded the crystals for some reason, terraforming or uplifting species. Just speculation, to be sure.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    Dun-dun-dunnn!! So the Tzenk's nicked the tech off the Lukari in the first place... Bodes well for a continued ban on Protomatter use in the Federation.
    All I can think up is that there is some enemy they are facing and it has something to do with those crystals.

I bet those crystals are baby Crystalline Entities.
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    If they are Crystalline Entities than we have a bigger problem on our hands and entire race of Crystalline Entities are mad we killed a Crystalline Entity. >.>

And have one of them on FARM too for marks. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Come with us on a journey to the past, and discover how the relationship between the Tzenkethi, the Lukari, and Promotmatter began

Promotomatter sounds just like something Marketing would come up with! :p

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Come with us on a journey to the past, and discover how the relationship between the Tzenkethi, the Lukari, and Promotmatter began

Maybe Protomatter will become a new ultra premium currency granted in quantities of 1 for every 100 lockboxes opened.
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    jcsww wrote: »
    gfreeman98 wrote: »

Maybe Protomatter will become a new ultra premium currency granted in quantities of 1 for every 100 lockboxes opened.
    If that happens ugh. We don't need anymore currencies.. >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    So, the Tzenkethi got into trouble with another species, one that has driven it into the 'Path of Madness'. The crystals are of some significance to that other species. Hmmm, Harbringers, indeed of what is to come.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    “And tremble you should, Tactical Officer. 
    A protomatter detonation annihilates all living matter present within its blast area, and replaces it with a new organic matrix.”

No...protomatter as explained TSFS was just used as a shortcut in the Genesis matrix. It was not actually Genesis.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Pretty much, the guy was talking as if the crystals were marching towards the Tzenkethi homeworld.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    czechmarkczechmark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The First Federation is on the map because that is where the Star Trek Star charts places it.

Cheron, the planet home to the black/white aliens, is in the sector immediacy north of where the Beta Quadrant ends.

The First Federation is there because that is where it is, and Cheron is not on the map because the map doesn't cover where it is.

Ah, I didn't know that, but that does makes sense. Torpedoes my claim, anyway :D

• Options
    sunderstone71sunderstone71 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Do you think we will get to see Tzenketh itself or read about it? I love the Tzenkethi and would love to know what their home world looks like or read it about it and it's architecture, flora, and fauna.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    When can we finally shoot Madran?
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Will the players get access to the First Federation area of space
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »

Did we get to shoot Sela? ;)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    gonalius wrote: »
    Dun-dun-dunnn!! So the Tzenk's nicked the tech off the Lukari in the first place... Bodes well for a continued ban on Protomatter use in the Federation.
    All I can think up is that there is some enemy they are facing and it has something to do with those crystals.

I bet those crystals are baby Crystalline Entities.

There are several crystaline/rock like races in Star Trek. It could hibernating Excalbians. Or something like a Tholian pupa. Pretty sure they are not related to the Horta since we know how they procreate.

Or something new altogether, like a lot of things in STO. :)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »

Did we get to shoot Sela? ;)

Ouch, good point. :o