test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended Maintenance for All Games Tomorrow, 2/21

Comments

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    icerose20 wrote: »
    on launcher, they bumped it up to 2pm Pac (4p Central) (2100 UTC)

Must be having issues with the hamsters.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    8 Hours Downtime.
    1 Day without STO in Europe. (Afternoon till Night)
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    extended downtime of 1 hour, now is 21h10 UTC + 1, without again. Not funny! That will play after 22h UTC + 1
  • lordvulpiuslordvulpius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I do hope they give us, PC users a free day for the event. This whole day delay will cost me the ship (and I not sure I should spend lobi crystals becouse Cryptic have... eh... issues with the hamsters...
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    So basically this tells me I won't be able to log in at all today. I'd much rather they vastly over estimate time frames than "it should take 6 hours so we'll only say 6 hours". Telling us it'll take 10 hours and only taking 8 is better than telling us it'll take six and extending it 3 times. Just food for thought as I head to work.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    8 Hours Downtime.

yep, im not happy about this!!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Oh well, looks like the whole day is done...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    Well this is mildly disappointing. By the time this is concluded I won't want to play anymore, in favor of writing... nuts.
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    8 Hours Downtime.

yep, im not happy about this!!

me three... seems us europeans always get the bad slots...
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • lordvulpiuslordvulpius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The only annoying thing that this... well extended maintenance happens during a limited time event. Well... good bye Space Nacho, I have to wait a year to taste you :)

Realy, this should not happen at all... a 6-8 hour downtime is far enough, but a +1-2 hours? Meh...
  • yiannis75yiannis75 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

me three... seems us europeans always get the bad slots...[/quote]
    me 4 ...not good for us in europe :(
  • capttripps01#2259 capttripps01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Why is it that every Time I get to play on a maintenance day it always goes into Quadruple over time!!!!!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The event ran for 4 full weeks. You needed to collect 600 tokens, in 4 weeks one could have collected 1120.

It's hard to solely blame Cryptic - or their hamsters for that matter - for not being able to get the ship because there were a few days of downtime.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't add a day or two. Lobi is still an option either way.
  • krazymainerkrazymainer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Great, 8 hours to break things in the game. Then they will have an unscheduled maintenance to fix what they broke.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    I still don't see any fixes for the continuous warping out bug plaguing some people.

If I was in charge I would stop all activity on all games until this is fixed.

While I wouldn't stop all activity on the games to bug bash, I would definitely make bug bashing a higher priority. The non-fixing of the bugs, and the lack of communication regarding them, is the reason I am not a LTS.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ash352 wrote: »
    So basically this tells me I won't be able to log in at all today. I'd much rather they vastly over estimate time frames than "it should take 6 hours so we'll only say 6 hours". Telling us it'll take 10 hours and only taking 8 is better than telling us it'll take six and extending it 3 times. Just food for thought as I head to work.

Yes, like Scotty used to do. Over estimate everything and they will look like miracle workers.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • steelrain3steelrain3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    The event ran for 4 full weeks. You needed to collect 600 tokens, in 4 weeks one could have collected 1120.

It's hard to solely blame Cryptic - or their hamsters for that matter - for not being able to get the ship because there were a few days of downtime.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't add a day or two. Lobi is still an option either way.

yes for the pc and playstation that is a option but for the xbox this is not a option because we never got that ability yet so all this down time for us hurts the chance to get the ship and if your your in a fleet the best way to get fleet marks is busted has hell to and the playstation gets a patch not the xbox come on now wheres is the logic in that
  • buckmeister6789buckmeister6789 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    What the ...? You wait until that dreaded maintenance, that usually causes more problems than fixing them should be over, and behold, they extended it with another hour. And that in the last part of an Event. I don't know who decides these things, but the one responsable is really loosing touch with reality and the gamers.
    Probably a 'Suit'. Yuk. Yarg. *vomiting noises*
    And after the extra hour, they extended it with another hour. 8 hours downtime is bloody ridiculous, Cryptic, and it's going into the 9th hour.
    And you know on Thursday they'll prob. pull the same TRIBBLE again.
    Post edited by buckmeister6789 on
    Rodak Volls@buckmeister6789
    First Officer of Access Denied/Naw'Tem/Task Force Sierra 6
    Administration, Public Relations and Recruitment Dept.
    Accolade Hunter - Engineer Drone Lord
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    First it was 12pm, then 1pm and now 2pm,... they have completely broken my cycle, I will have to wait until tomorrow to get back on track and I can no longer postpone my day. I'll try back after dinner. *sigh*
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • docdutchdocdutch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    are you fixing the AMD driver issue as I'm on the latest drivers but still the game is saying "you are running on an older version of the drivers"
  • themistokles#2904 themistokles Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a programming lackey!
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The only annoying thing that this... well extended maintenance happens during a limited time event. Well... good bye Space Nacho, I have to wait a year to taste you :)

Realy, this should not happen at all... a 6-8 hour downtime is far enough, but a +1-2 hours? Meh...

Don't worry, they will add an extra day or so to make up for extended downtime. Since I have been playing, about 6 years, they have generally done this to make up for lost play time when it happens near the end of a time sensitive event.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

*sighs*

No we're not there yet! Why I agreed to take you all to Pleasure Planet, I just don't know.

Johnny, quit punching Suzie!

You don't want me to slowly turn this starship around!

:wink:
  • gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    well anyone be able to login in the game any new. Please
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yawn. Hour after hour of extended maintenance, servers been down literally all day. some of us would like to play today.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Yawn. Hour after hour of extended maintenance, servers been down literally all day. some of us would like to play today.

This was Trendy's going away present
  • xbcstonerx#8821 xbcstonerx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    what a joke..... still not online. fire the current programerering staff, they cant do there jobs end of story.... keep like 2/3 guys from the current staff and dump the rest. this is a joke..... this reminds me of the TRIBBLE that killed diablo 3
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Well the login server is up, game itself still down.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • docdutchdocdutch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    also nice that none of the admin staff have posted anything in here yet
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    They close their eyues when fixing stuff so they don't sse
    I still don't see any fixes for the continuous warping out bug plaguing some people.

If I was in charge I would stop all activity on all games until this is fixed.

So there's a warp out bug that prevents people from playing the game??

More like annoyingly interfering with it.

Ever try to tank and take the heat of someone or try to take out something while your weapons go offline and you warp out and back in again at random? I'd say it was a bug worth fixing.​​

I've seen this happen to my Captains, but I thought that the damage was happening even if the visuals showed my ship going away and coming right back to the location it left from, still gliding along at impulse, beams still firing ( if a bit stretched out from the warp effect ). The enemy ship always seem to take a sudden jump in damage, from my ship, the split second after my warp in effect ended.

I might be misinterpreting that moment as it makes the game a tad jumpy just about that moment. It steadies out in a second or two.

That said, I always feel bad weird about it when it happens in a Borg or Tholian Alert! PUG.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.