test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Again with an extra maintenance?!

Second week in a row now: maintenance on Tuesday AND Thursday. What's up with that?!

I heard the console kiddies are having their regular maintenance on Tuesday. So I guess we're having theirs now too,
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Two a week is sweet. We can get two nerfs a week now. ;-)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • zly#5590 zly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have limited time to play due to work and now 2 days = no playing:/ Maintenance perfectly covers my free time.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It's really just incredibly silly to think "Let's put PC and Console patches each on another day," and then wind up closing the server for each group on BOTH days.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    The only reason I can think of for them taking down everything or even 2 of 3 is if there's some infrastructure changes going on in the background which they don't communicate.
  • karahanraskarahanras Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Personally I would have at least liked a bit of warning on the launcher. Not just load up and can't play today, again.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Second week in a row now: maintenance on Tuesday AND Thursday. What's up with that?!

I heard the console kiddies are having their regular maintenance on Tuesday. So I guess we're having theirs now too,

Wow the entitlement in this game has gone through the roof. Do you rather have a BROKEN server?

Get a job or a life rather than bug the needy development that goes on these games. This is probably the worst snowflake posting I have seen in this forum so far. Boy we do have a winner or a whiner.

whining.jpg
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1228555/extended-maintenance-for-all-games-tomorrow-2-21

I've got the live feed up for the Community managers. By the sound of it, the servers are being taken apart and put back together. Hence a six-hour downtime. Does anyone imagine such a thing is done for kicks and giggles?

Tuesday (today) is the system-wide server maintenance. ALL games. Thursday is usually specific to us in STO. Of course, we are going to have that anyway. Tuesday, from what I've gleaned, is standard patch day for the STO console. Which is why they posted console patch notes today and not for other games. I had time to play this morning, but if the maintenance brings us better performance, I'll take it. I'll be able to play another day.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)

Wow the entitlement in this game has gone through the roof. Do you rather have a BROKEN server?

Get a job or a life rather than bug the needy development that goes on these games. This is probably the worst snowflake posting I have seen in this forum so far. Boy we do have a winner or a whiner.

whining.jpg

LOL. You again?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    tempus64 wrote: »
    Tuesday (today) is the system-wide server maintenance. ALL games. Thursday is usually specific to us in STO. Of course, we are going to have that anyway. Tuesday, from what I've gleaned, is standard patch day for the STO console. Which is why they posted console patch notes today and not for other games.

So, was last Tuesday a system-wide server maintenance then too? If not, then, well, exactly like I said, we're getting an extra patch day now, from here on in, on Tuesday, because of consoles. And that would suck. I'd rather they did both on the same day then.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yes last tuesday was a server wide maintinence, and was announced as such.

Okay then; well, if this is just temporary thing, then no biggie, of course.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Tuesday (today) is the system-wide server maintenance. ALL games. Thursday is usually specific to us in STO. Of course, we are going to have that anyway. Tuesday, from what I've gleaned, is standard patch day for the STO console. Which is why they posted console patch notes today and not for other games.

So, was last Tuesday a system-wide server maintenance then too? If not, then, well, exactly like I said, we're getting an extra patch day now, from here on in, on Tuesday, because of consoles. And that would suck. I'd rather they did both on the same day then.

Why does the quote say it's from me. I never responded with that. In fact, I don't even see that post anywhere in this thread. Something strange going on here. lol

Why does the quote say it's from me. I never responded with that lol

Hmm, probably the 'Draft saved' issue again, where it saves your draft, and then, when you go away and return to the thread, quoting someone else, it just adds to it (and then you wind up stripping the wrong text parts). My bad.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1228555/extended-maintenance-for-all-games-tomorrow-2-21

I've got the live feed up for the Community managers. By the sound of it, the servers are being taken apart and put back together. Hence a six-hour downtime. Does anyone imagine such a thing is done for kicks and giggles?

Tuesday (today) is the system-wide server maintenance. ALL games. Thursday is usually specific to us in STO. Of course, we are going to have that anyway. Tuesday, from what I've gleaned, is standard patch day for the STO console. Which is why they posted console patch notes today and not for other games. I had time to play this morning, but if the maintenance brings us better performance, I'll take it. I'll be able to play another day.
    And once they put them back and start them again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jmuz9dp6ZI
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    And once they put them back and start them again:
    HAHAHA!

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User

They can run server maintenance half of the days of the week...they'll still be broken :p
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hi. anyone know when the server be online because the verification no show now I can't login even do I login in the morning.

Thank you
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    Hi. anyone know when the server be online because the verification no show now I can't login even do I login in the morning.

Thank you

Looking at a hour and a half more at least (Going by their current estimate)
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • reaper#7623 reaper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I' pretty sure most people are annoyed that they are doing 4 patches in just over a weeks time essentially (4 out of 9 days). Really there is no reason to do maint thursday if you do one on tuesday. I never got why companies over-release patches, that is how a TRIBBLE ton of bugs get into the game. Most companies do server reboots late at night not in the morning too. quite annoying
  • reaper#7623 reaper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I feel bad for the Europeans as these patches happen during their peak times, quite a stupid move
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I feel bad for the Europeans as these patches happen during their peak times, quite a stupid move

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING ! really mean it
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    There are NO PC Patches today. Just hardware/background maintenance. The regular patches for PC will be Thursday.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I' pretty sure most people are annoyed that they are doing 4 patches in just over a weeks time essentially (4 out of 9 days). Really there is no reason to do maint thursday if you do one on tuesday. I never got why companies over-release patches, that is how a **** ton of bugs get into the game. Most companies do server reboots late at night not in the morning too. quite annoying

Yes, there are reasons. The work that needed to be done could not be done all on one day. This is HARDWARE related today.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Hey guys,

Thanks for being understanding about this - as someone else mentioned in the thread, these last two weeks have had some extra maintenances due to technical issues. Today's downtime for all the games is due to actual, physical server maintenance. They're servicing the actual server hardware.

As for the maintenance downtime, well, the maintenance is performed by our teams at Cryptic and PWE. They have to be physically in the office in order to do it. We already ask them to come into the office several hours early to try and get the downtime to a point where it affects the least amount of people, and we've done the best we can to schedule that.

Again, thanks for understanding.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    bXvD5KA.jpg

Now and then the servers need a coffee break.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    Hey guys,

Thanks for being understanding about this - as someone else mentioned in the thread, these last two weeks have had some extra maintenances due to technical issues. Today's downtime for all the games is due to actual, physical server maintenance. They're servicing the actual server hardware.

As for the maintenance downtime, well, the maintenance is performed by our teams at Cryptic and PWE. They have to be physically in the office in order to do it. We already ask them to come into the office several hours early to try and get the downtime to a point where it affects the least amount of people, and we've done the best we can to schedule that.

Again, thanks for understanding.

Why, like I said, as long as 'twice a week' isn't a regular thing from now on, it's all good. :) Thanks for taking the time to clarify the matter.
    3lsZz0w.jpg