test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck on Romulan Rep quest

sparkbibosparkbibo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hello all,

I am stuck on the quest line that begins after you start earning Romulan Rep.

I have looked online for the answer, but all the mission walkthroughs just repeat what the quest text says, which is less than helpful. Here's where I am at:

I have a quest called "Secret Shuttle Codes"

By mission tracker looks like this:

Secret Shuttle Codes:
Access the shuttle recording in the New Romulus Mountain Pass
  • Go to Mountain Pass

So I fly my ship to New Romulus, Beam down to the staging area, transport to the location called "Mountain Pass" but there is nothing there.

I have searched the entire area for something to click on but cannot find it. At the suggestion of other players in the zone, I have go to the Blue triangle in the mountain pass, but there is nothing there except an invisible wall that won't let me pass.

So either it is bugged, or there is a tiny little object somewhere in the area that I am just not seeing.

Is there an exact location?

Thanks in Advance,

Comments

• Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Goto the Mountain Pass on New Romulus. When you get there you will see on your map in he upper right hand corner. You must follow the trail all the way up.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    I will try to get a picture of the map with a exact location.
  • Options
    I figured it out. It is part of the mission "Mountain Pass"

I had to go to my Episodes > New Romulus > Mountain Pass and Replay that mission. Now, I can Access the instance at the Blue Triangle on the map. I am in that instance right now and the Mission Objective for "Secret Shuttle Codes" is on the instance map.
  • Options
    Okay I did a little checking for you. Cryptic has changed on how you can access that area. Goto the New Romulus Story Arc and look for ep. of Mountain Base. Accept the mission and a small circle will appear on the New Romulus map near the blue upside down triangle in the upper right hand corner of the map. Travel up to that area and you should be able to play it. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    It's been a while, but you used to have to talk to a NPC next to the mountain base transporter first.
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• Options
    That's all change now mspfueler. You can access it now thru the New Romulus Story Arc too.
  • Options
    lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I have not made it very far in episode missions but have made it far in the Rep getting to tier V this week. The only way I could do the Secret Shuttle Codes mission was to team up with a friend who has access to the Mountain Pass mission. I was getting very annoyed by not being able to clam my tier V rewards, but teaming up made it happen.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    I have not made it very far in episode missions but have made it far in the Rep getting to tier V this week. The only way I could do the Secret Shuttle Codes mission was to team up with a friend who has access to the Mountain Pass mission. I was getting very annoyed by not being able to clam my tier V rewards, but teaming up made it happen.

The solution was essentially posted by others in this thread already!

While in tier 2+ on Romulan reputations,
    Basically you need to be in New Romulan line already* and be able to accept/replay (or have in progress) Mountain Base quest:
    J->Episodes->New Romulan->Mountain Base and when having this quest taken/in replay/active, go to mountain pass and enter the glowing area. Do not leave until you finish all your reputation quest objectives (along with the original quest too)

*How to go to this line or to that quest, I can't help well, but basically if you are not there yet you may have some blocking quests (such as obisek's talking quest and yesterday's line quests (some of those are reachable by Romulans only after interacting with info) and then possibly Borg line quests. You report to the Romulan Ambassador if not done yet (Qu'onoS/DS9/near Quinn's in ESD,) and also may have to talk / interact with him / interact with J -> Episodes -> New Romulus while being near it or answer auto hail; your mileage may vary,

-This until you are being SENT to New Romulus.
    At this point your 1st quest of New Romulan line probably went into progression (or is acceptable if not accepted yet. Accept if you can). Only THEN you go to New Romulus, watch a cut scene and interact with 2-3 people on the stage itself (a different cut scene may start) in the order mentioned for you in the quest log/progression.

Then 1st quest will be done and you will be able to accept and do or skip further quests. (in J->Episodes->New Romulus) Such as Mountain Base (which is also the quest for T2).

Note that 3 quests are to be played together with a matching reputation quests (else you might have to replay those later from J->Episodes->New Romulus), those are mountain base (for T2), overgrown caves (for T3) and last quest in New Romulus line, The Power Source, which I recommend playing together for T4+T5 when you are at T5. You might also have to interact with a console on the staging area (NOT on the stage) and watch then SUBMIT recording for t1 first.

In general, in case you needed a reputation quest, you (optionally skip to and) take/replay the matching New Romulus line mentioned above, or verify it's in progress. Don't leave an instance until the relevant reputation quest is fully done too, if any such.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."