test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The quickest ways to earn Reputation

scotticus#5603 scotticus Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hello all,

I was earning my Omega reputation steadily, then discovered a revelation; 'The Cure found' provided the requisite number of reputation marks but I was completing the mission in maybe 4 minutes as opposed to a typical 15 minutes or so. I also experimented with missions in The Kobali planet surface missions and found that the 'triage' episode is the easiest mission to get to, least risky (You don't get shot at at all) and complete-able in a matter of minutes for a respectable amount of Delta Marks.

A whole bundle of new reputations are now available on console versions, and everyone's gonna be sure to want to grind away. Does anyone have any top tips on which missions they've found provide the most reward for least time and effort spent? Which are the most effective mark-earners? Please add to the list and offer any advice you may have. I'll start off with my two top tips:

Quickest way to earn:
Task Force Omega: The Cure found (PvE Queue). Easy mission, quick to complete. Put on 'Advanced difficulty' (Easily doable for lvl 60 Captains) for Borg neural nodes as well. Completion Time (advanced): approximately 5 mins.

Delta Alliance: Triage (Kobali Prime, left of main gate). Evaluate the wounded soldiers' conditions as they walk in over the bridge (no need to venture out into the battlezone or engage enemy). Available as part of the rotation of regular missions that crop up in the Kobali Prime ground adventure zone. Completion Time: approximately 3 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Quiet bold of you to ask for ways to earn the most rewards for the least effort around here.

Oh, you are new, ok! :)

I do:

Omega: Advanced Borg Space PvE maps.
    Romulan: Advanced Defend Rhi Station PvE
    Nukara: Advanced Crystalline Catastrophe PvE
    Dyson: One tasks in the Sphere per day (PvE are all poo for mark earning)
    8472 Counter-Command: Advanced Undine Assault PvE
    Delta: Elite Bug Hunt PvE / one Delta arc Patrol per day
    Iconian: Elite Brotherhood of the Sword PVE
    Terran Task Force: Advanced/Elite Counterpoint PvE
    Temporal: Elite Miner Instabilities PvE
    Lukari Restoration: Advanced/Elite Tzenkethi Front PVE

Always do only one mark related content per day to get the 55 bonus marks.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Also, the Borg/Tholian Red Alerts reward your choice of marks. You can do them every thirty minutes and I've found they pop pretty quickly.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I only do 5 reputations a day, regularly.

Omega: Borg Red Alert.
    Nukara: CCA.
    Romulan: Japori Patrol.
    Dyson: Daily mission in the Solanae Sphere Zone.
    Delta: Argala Patrol.
    Lukari/any new reputation: Also completed with the Borg Red Alert, 2 birds with one stone.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    Thanks for the advice in the other reps. Dyson sphere adventure zone is indeed a good shout...some of those missions take about 2 mins to complete and get you a full haul o' rep.
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Replaying "Breaking the Wall" and "With our last Breath" via the console on Kobali Prime gives marks and one elite Delta or Iconian token each. If you're lucky you can be done in less than ten minutes.
    Post edited by letsfadeaway on
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Run those Kobali Missions twice each and you will pick up two Delta and two Iconian Elite Marks per day. Marks payout is low so get your Daily Mark Bonuses when you run them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Just a FYI, you can get an AFK penalty in the Borg RA. I got one this morning. And no, I wasn't doing nothing. I helped on two mobs and got to the pickle ship and got some shots on it too. The whole RA didn't last but a few minutes and I'm not sure why I only picked up some Omega marks and no other prizes, as I was getting some shots in. Guess I wasn't getting enough shots in.

Yet when I immediately tried to get into a Tholian RA is when the game told me I had a 2-hour AFK penalty.

Not that I'm angry or anything, I just shrugged it off and chalked it up to being on my crappy laptop and just played in some DSEs and Japori to get some more points towards the ship trait.

I just wanted people to know that you CAN get an AFK penalty in the Borg RA.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Just a FYI, you can get an AFK penalty in the Borg RA. I got one this morning. And no, I wasn't doing nothing. I helped on two mobs and got to the pickle ship and got some shots on it too. The whole RA didn't last but a few minutes and I'm not sure why I only picked up some Omega marks and no other prizes, as I was getting some shots in. Guess I wasn't getting enough shots in.

Yet when I immediately tried to get into a Tholian RA is when the game told me I had a 2-hour AFK penalty.

Not that I'm angry or anything, I just shrugged it off and chalked it up to being on my crappy laptop and just played in some DSEs and Japori to get some more points towards the ship trait.

My gut feeling is that there's a bug with the red alerts in terms of the AFK penalty. Probably introduced when they made them part so of the queues.
  • Options
    tempus64 wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »

My gut feeling is that there's a bug with the red alerts in terms of the AFK penalty. Probably introduced when they made them part so of the queues.

That's what I think too. And like I said, I wasn't upset so much as baffled as to why I got one. But like I also said, I'm on this crappy laptop till I get my desktop fixed. While I can play, it's a bit laggy and so maybe I just didn't do enough damage to suit the game.

It's really nothing to gripe about. I got on awhile ago and ran another one where I was able to contribute more than I did when I got the AFK and got my Lukari marks that time. So, s'all good.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I was earning my Omega reputation steadily, then discovered a revelation; 'The Cure found' provided the requisite number of reputation marks but I was completing the mission in maybe 4 minutes as opposed to a typical 15 minutes or so.

Infected Space Advanced PUG pops faster and 9 times out of 10 gets done in about a minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Better than all answers above. Wait for CE event. Run it for all toons, every day, once for every reputation. Works wonders.
  • Options
    CCA is the quickest. However, the biggest Mark payout is Atmospheric Assault' during the Shuttle Event. You can earn 275 Marks with the Daily or about 220 without.
    And, unlike the Starbase Defense (which is popular), you only need 5 to run it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Atmosphere Assault is great for getting Romulan marks but the downside is that you have to wait practically forever for enough people to queue for it.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    ltminns wrote: »
    CCA is the quickest. However, the biggest Mark payout is Atmospheric Assault' during the Shuttle Event. You can earn 275 Marks with the Daily or about 220 without.
    And, unlike the Starbase Defense (which is popular), you only need 5 to run it.

I hate that queue, I really do. Then again, most people hate Transdimensional tactics when ti takes 3-5 minutes at he most with a good team. The TFA PvE is hell easy, but 90% of weekend players seem to have a complete lack of knowledge on using the Rom T5 and kamikaze tactics to complete it easily.
  • Options
    I was speaking of AA during the Shuttle Event. No problem then. Most PVE Queues under normal circumstances you will wait quite some time to forever to get them to pop. Of course there are a handful of exceptions that will always pop.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Bribe the dev's
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    So it seems a top tip is to harvest those marks most efficiently by doing one mission a day per rep mark in order to earn the bonus 'first time today' marks.

The best way to level up is to get one of those sweet sponsorship tokens gifted to you by a teammate who's already completed a rep. That doubles your progress.

Quickest/easiest missions by concensus seem to be:
    Omega: Infected. Cure found is also very quick.
    Romulan: Defend Rhi Station
    Nukara: Crystaline Catasptrophe
    Dyson: Dysone sphere Adventure Zone missions
    8472 Counter-Command: Undine Assault
    Delta: 'Triage' on Kobali Surface
    Iconian: Brotherhood of The Sword
    Terran: Counterpoint (Doesn't seem like a particular 'Quick' option exists.)
    Temporal: Miner Instablilities (Doesn't seem liek a particlar 'quick' option exists)
    Lukari: Tzenkathi Front.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
  • Options
    Also, the Borg and Tholian Red Alerts offer a choice of marks from all reps. And most of the time it only takes a few minutes to complete them. Then redo every 30 mins to get the next set of daily marks.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the RA tip.
  • Options
    You're welcome.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...The best way to level up is to get one of those sweet sponsorship tokens gifted to you by a teammate who's already completed a rep. That doubles your progress...

Sponsorship tokens are account bound, you can only get them from other characters on your account.