test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission "Fluid Dynamics" unplayable.

peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
edited February 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok so I have been leveling up a new character working my way through the story arcs and I have now got to the last mission in the Borg arc "Fluid Dynamics" however it is totally unplayable for me as soon as I enter Fluidic space its all black cant see anything the game is still running fine my UI is still showing its just all black.

Ok as I was making this post I figured id try turning my graphics down so I turning everything right down to the Minimum which fixed the issue no more black screen in Fluidic space.

So to clarify running my game with everything on MAX setting's I get a black screen in Fluidic space.

Running everything turned right down the MIN settings its fine.

Before you ask turning lighting 2.0 off made no difference with my settings all set to MAX.

**EDIT 1**

So I started the mission with everything turned down, worked fine when it Fluidic space I wanted to see what would happen if I turned everything back the max settings and again it worked fine until I tried turning off the option "Cinematic Focus (Depth of field)" then everything on screen froze the game still running just froze, turn it back on games works fine.

**EDIT 2**

After further testing of entering this mission with Cinematic Focus on and off I have found this mission is totally unplayable as is the game becomes non functional with Cinematic Focus turned off.

Comments

• valdor#6062 valdor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The same has happened to me, but on PS4. Instead of getting a black screen with UI still visible, the entire thing crashes out. My character is now unable to even log in because it tries to load me in directly into fluidic space. This bug's gotta get fixed. I had to create a new character now just to be able to play!
  • rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i have this same problem on PS4
  • funktastik#1918 funktastik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem. Except if I wait a few hours my character will load in the sol system when I turn it on. Is there any where to go to let them know what is going on?
    Also on ps4
  • jaydoteedotjaydoteedot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    same.
  • battledawgz#3186 battledawgz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have the same issue on the XBox One.
  • neomaverick1982neomaverick1982 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Had the same issue on PS4 as well, it also prevented me from logging back in for a very long time. The chat support agent who had to move my character back out to Sector Space submitted a bug report ticket with the error code I supplied.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Same here (PS4) also Undine Assault PVE is not available (PS4).
  • kithavok#1509 kithavok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same mission, same crash bug when entering fluidic space..... on Xbox One.

I can't progress any further through the seasons until this is resolved :(
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    skip it
  • rodjeboy89#9156 rodjeboy89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2017
    same problem tried to login few times and game crashes .after 15min i was able to login again but scared to do the mission if it will crashes again?? (ps4)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    They Tweeted on 16 Feb.

@trekonlinegame: Console captains: Best to skip the mission "Fluid Dynamics" for now. There's a technical issue, but we're working on a fix.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crsymk#1764 crsymk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anyone know when this problem is going to be fixed
  • gryhvfthgryhvfth Member Posts: 1 New User
    This same thing happens to me on Xbox 1 but my game loads right to mission and crashes any advice? The game is unplayable at moment.
  • flinnfinneganflinnfinnegan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm experiencing the same issues. however I cant skip the mission because when i load the game it instantly tries to load fluidic. space and crashes the game so im literally stuck till the bug is resolved......
    Latest update fixed issue
  • crsymk#1764 crsymk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.