test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is the Torpedo Launcher called from the Lockboxes to fight the Tzenkethi please ?

allfather777allfather777 Member Posts: 285 Arc User
Hi Sir,

How is the Torpedo Launcher called you can win from the Lock Boxes and is probably sold on the Exchange ? it's to fight the Tzenkethi !
Or Am I wrong ?? It's to find an appropriate Torpedo Launcher other then in the Tzenkethi Reputation, because I haven't reached the Tier yet on which they sell the Torpedo Launcher on the REP. !

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Lord of Destruction
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire

Comments

• Options
    someperson22someperson22 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I haven't seen a torpedo on the exchange yet that helps fight Tzenkethi or else I would have it by now. The only torpedo I know of is the torpedo from the Lukari reputation you need to get to T2 for that reputation to get the Lukari Photon Torpedo Launcher. Also the Neutronic is pretty good as well.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I dont believe there were any torpedos with the Undiscovered Lockboxes. Tzenkethi are not much different than the other races with regards to torpedoes..Quantum Phase (free mission torp) still rips the shields right off em with enough drain expertise.

Just keep your distance from them.Otherwise grind for the Lukari torpedo (due to it preventing Tzenkethi hazards for 10 sec) mention in the above post.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    The Particle Emission torpedo is also really good if you are looking for something with a little bit of punch.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    nephitis wrote: »
    The Particle Emission torpedo is also really good if you are looking for something with a little bit of punch.

Its best if you got Lots or EPG points for the secondary cloud..Im running it now on my Rom MMSV

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Ya, you're gonna have to find something else because there's currently no torpedo that does extra damage to them.
    Two tips for fighting the Tzenkethi:
    Their shields are weakest at the front, so try to get and stay in there front arc
    Destroy the smaller ships first. Smaller ships will boost the bigger ships and make them invulnerable. I have primarily seen the cruisers buff the battleships, but I'm not going to take any chances.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Their shields are weakest at the front, so try to get and stay in there front arc
    Destroy the smaller ships first. Smaller ships will boost the bigger ships and make them invulnerable. I have primarily seen the cruisers buff the battleships, but I'm not going to take any chances.

Really? Shields are weaker in front? Will need to test that. Also, it's only the cruisers that give the invulnerability buff, not the frigates. So if you see a cruiser, thats always your primary target.
    gilion wrote: »

Really? Shields are weaker in front? Will need to test that. Also, it's only the cruisers that give the invulnerability buff, not the frigates. So if you see a cruiser, thats always your primary target.

Their shields are *way* weaker in the forward arc than the sides; which is why they put all their guns there. Or throw a Rift at them and remove all the shields. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    someperson22someperson22 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Ether that or do a build like mine with torpedo's and don't even bother with the shields. Yes, the shields will absorb a little of the damage but most of it goes through. Or if you get the Krenim Chroniton Torpedo from the anniversary Krenim ship then it has a 100% chance of going through the shields.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    The Kelvin Timeline lockbox has the Kelvin Timeline Photon Torpedo Launcher which I believe is very popular right now selling for like 40m or so for Mk XIV epics. It's recharge time is reduced by 2 seconds so it's probably the fastest firing torp in the game. Don't take my word for it though as I'm not 100% sure.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Undisco'd lockboxes weapon box has a choice of beam, cannon or ground weapon. No projectiles this time.

The fight in the FE with the commander kind of tutorialises for the battleground as you begin and things are fine until the cruiser arrives at which point his battleship becomes immune. Frigates are just there to soak FAW fire.