test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Upgrade Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
PC Captains can get bonuses to their tech upgrades this weekend!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10377063

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Finally, i need to upgrade my Pulse Phasers!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    my crew is ready to get to work!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    My stack of Omegas will vanish in no time.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Shoulda kept my Phoenix upgrades. I had 2600 to start with, but now I'm down to 40.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ... Wonders if a last-ditch attempt to PL kits R&D to 15 before this ends may be worth it... Then again, everyone who wants to upgrade got Omegas and Phoenixes right now.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    NO! I'M NOT READY!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:: shrug ::
    I guess I'll have to get ready.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    2x the points is nice and all but... a quality boost weekend would be better! Getting to Mk14 is easy compared to getting to Epic quality. Especially if said item is starting out at Mk12.
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    2x the points is nice and all but... a quality boost weekend would be better! Getting to Mk14 is easy compared to getting to Epic quality. Especially if said item is starting out at Mk12.
    True, kind up useless to use any upgrade item that gives a quality boost as well-automatic nerf on the Quality.

• Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I made the mistake of saving some of my upgrades for my lunch break during the last hour of the event. That is, the *scheduled* last hour. It ended at 9am PST, an hour earlier than documented :(. But at least there's another upgrade weekend starting in just 16 days! :).
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I made the mistake of saving some of my upgrades for my lunch break during the last hour of the event. That is, the *scheduled* last hour. It ended at 9am PST, an hour earlier than documented :(. But at least there's another upgrade weekend starting in just 16 days! :).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyaOIqgYRa4
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.