test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium farming

Over the years ive seen posts about ways how to get the most dilithium using various methods. I'm not great at it so i would like to learn. I'd like to ask everyone to share there tips and methods in this thread. Thanks!
5rFUCPd.png

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Dilithium has never been so easy to obtain - you have doffing, admiralty, stfs, mining, reputation, battlezones like Dyson and Nukara, special events like Mirror and Crystalline, turning in contraband, completing missions, etc. etc. Just go to work and you will be paid!
  • someperson22someperson22 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    That's about right but the only problem is refining I have way more unrefined dilithium than refined.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    My AoY Captain has 1.3 Million of Unrefined and has been refining near to 9,000 a Day. That Character was created in mid-July. Admiralty will give a steady stream per day. Everyone of my 14 Characters did a VIP Dilithium Claim and turned in Contraband every day of this last Dilithium Week.

Funny thing about the Claims, I normally don't get more than the Second Tier reward and only rarely hit the First Tier of 5,000 (10,001 during the Bonus). This time I always got the 10,001. Go figure.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    My AoY Captain has 1.3 Million of Unrefined and has been refining near to 9,000 a Day. That Character was created in mid-July. Admiralty will give a steady stream per day. Everyone of my 14 Characters did a VIP Dilithium Claim and turned in Contraband every day of this last Dilithium Week.

Funny thing about the Claims, I normally don't get more than the Second Tier reward and only rarely hit the First Tier of 5,000 (10,001 during the Bonus). This time I always got the 10,001. Go figure.

I wish they would fix that especially if your the owner of a new fleet. I need to grind like hell for dilithium but then I can't refine enough of it to get to the special projects I just want to refine it all then move on to the next project.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Do the delta and temporal toons earn dill faster? I forgot
    5rFUCPd.png

Do the delta and temporal toons earn dill faster? I forgot

I actually have no idea I'm just against Cryptic when they do that. Wasting money on stuff that people don't even want to do. Everyone just wants to stay on their main character they don't want to lvl up a character they aren't going to use again. I hope that temporal agent character was the last.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Select an elite ground map an queue up. When you are done select the next and repeat. Easy, fast and fun Dil!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Those Recruits do get extra Dilithium Awards for accomplishing various things. Now that the Recruitment Events are over they do not get Bonus Dilithium for Kills.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    rule #1: do NOT share lucrative farming tips in public where the devs can see - that's how such things get 'fixed' so they no longer are lucrative

case in point being the voth battlezone

rule #2: when in doubt, refer to rule #1​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    rule #1: do NOT share lucrative farming tips in public where the devs can see - that's how such things get 'fixed' so they no longer are lucrative

case in point being the voth battlezone

rule #2: when in doubt, refer to rule #1​​

Exactly that's why I'm so careful on what I post they are stupid as they are when it comes to trying to get new stuff in-game but they are quick to take things away.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I don't bother grind for Dil. I got 10 captains that I try to devote a certain amount of time to each... assuming I have the time to do so. I simply play the game. To get an easy 5k of Dil I just do the following for Fed captains which is really no secret...

#1 - Turn Over Contraband = 2,000
    #2 - Alpha Quadrant Midterm = 480
    #3 - Three daily missions on Nimbus III:
    ---- On the Desert Front = 480
    ---- Orion Contraband = 480
    ---- Creatures of the Desert = 380 to 680 (depending on creatures killed; 40+ to get max reward)
    #4 - Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced (CCA) = 720
    #5 - Miscellaneous Doff missions (find some that rewards at least 50 Dil)

Excluding travel time through the sectors the Nimbus III missions can be completed within 12 minutes. The Midterm mission should be a quick 2 minutes at worst. CCA takes 3 to 5 minutes excluding wait time. Doff missions are quick and easy to start, but you may need to travel to different sectors / locations to get the ones you want to do if you are picky. Total time including traveling and waiting to do everything is less than 30 minutes. However, doing this for all 10 captains can take up to 5 hours.

If I really wanted to push and get 8k or more, then there are Elite ground STF missions which are generally easier than Elite space STF missions. They reward 1,440 Dil. Do two such missions successfully means I can typically bump up the total Dil I get for the day to 8k... depending on the miscellaneous Doff missions. When in doubt I can simply run CCA again to collect another 720 Dil.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    That's about right but the only problem is refining I have way more unrefined dilithium than refined.

Pretty much this. On one character I have around 400K of unrefined dilithium. it's like shoving an elephant through a toothpaste tube.

Quick ways I farm are:

* Doffs, contraband
    * Red Alerts for marks that don't have active STFs. (inactive being players hardly or ever queue for)
    * CCA and Borg STFs in advanced mode.
    * Dilithium mining during dilithium days.
    * Admiralty
    * KDF defending the empire missions.
    * Battle zones if I'm that bored.
    * STF runs with fleeties.

There's TONS of ways to get ore though.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    As you may have noticed, one key theme running through these answers is "have alts". Even if you only do something quick on each one (contraband, doffs, admiralty) and don't come close to hitting max refine on each one, it still adds up when multiplied. 3000 dil on one character isn't much. 3000 dil on ten characters.....
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    All good points, thanks all
    5rFUCPd.png

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Contraband turnin on 30 toons takes 30 minutes a day worst case and, if you're smart about things, nets you just over 50k refined dil/day after cost (you'll need 42 toons if you're not smart about the cost side of things). Yes, it takes time to setup and to get the cycle going but after that it's so simple you'll wonder why the hell you were ever doing any other sort of "grind". Buy character slots during service sales (next one should be end of march, beginning of april), then level up toons on XP weekends.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Admiralty + Doffing (contraband included) + Borg Incursion Daily and you're done. 8k a day easy. Swap toons. Repeat.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I have five toons, thats a maximum of 40k Dilithium refined per day, and with correct admiralty and red alerts I can easily have a surplus on a couple of toons at any given time. Work and family commitments permitting.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".