test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

_#DCT Pledge Drive for Cardassian Content! #100_

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Greetings!

Are you a fan of Cardassians in Star Trek? Do you want to see more good, Cardassian-themed content in STO?

Consider pledging to the Druk Charitable Trust's Cardassian Foundry Mission Initiative!

The DCT is soliciting pledges toward a prize or prizes to be awarded to the authors of exceptional foundry missions focused on the great Cardassian people, their history and their virtues.

The DCT endowment will match pledges of up to 100m ec from individuals, up to a total of one billion ec.

The DCT is not soliciting ec and will not accept ec donations, but wants to compile a list of civic-minded, philanthropic players who are willing to pay foundry artists themselves, and will match any pledges made.

Details of foundry contests will be forthcoming in the near future, but if you have an interest in Cardassia, and want to see talented foundry authors well-compensated for their time and trouble, please go ahead and post in this thread!

Thanks for your time and all the very best,

Druk
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Rook's Endowment for Women formally pledges 250m for this initiative.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    The good news: they will actually be announcing some fairly big news about cardassians this year.

The bad news: they won't be the epicly awesome cardassians we saw in the shows; they will be lame hippy cardassians rebels like the romulan republic.

half bajoran faction ;)
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    @somtaakhar

I thought there were some powerful moments in Trek brought to us by the introduction of the Cardassians. The nutshell version of the race is sadly, "Romulans cranked to mute" in regard to the disposition of their government and the fate of their homeworld but the allusions to human history by way of the Cardassians as a subtext allow for much deeper, satisfying story telling. I still don't feel the Cardassian faction are worthy as an expansion but this initiative is a wonderful idea that encourages a further exploration of these stories.

Finding a war criminal is probably one of the most linear possibilities. A variation might be a Leyton styled coup against the Detapa Council on Cardassia Prime lead by firebrand former hardliiners who had recruited young Cardassians within the military with stories of lost strength and the subservient position the Cardassians find themselves in on the galactic stage. It's not as much mustache twirling when it is about loyalty to the state; Not power, or evil for evil. Back to Romulans, the Romulan Captain in "Balance of Terror" from TOS was an admirable adversary not a Bond villain and the Cardassians with their similarities to the early portrayals of Romulans felt like a return during the TNG era without having to retcon the Star Empire who had pretty much become scorpions swimming with foxes.

They gave me "Duet" and that has to count for something.

battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Nice initiative. :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'll admit I'm not a hard-core fan of the Cardassians, but STO needs some Cardassian themed missions that don't come with the Terran Empire, Dominion or True Way attached.

I'd like to take part, just name the time of your challenge my good, sir.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    The good news: they will actually be announcing some fairly big news about cardassians this year.

The bad news: they won't be the epicly awesome cardassians we saw in the shows; they will be lame hippy cardassians rebels like the romulan republic.

Tbh i think a cardassian republic would be a very good eveolution of the cardassians, sinc the dominion war they are a changed people they have seen that the old ways are not the best ones, and with the true way reminding them why they overthrew the obsidian order , a republic sounds like a logical next step.
  • Options
    cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    It is really nice to see more positive strides in the community! :star:
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Honestly there should be True Way suits and ground weapons in the Lobi Store....

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User

The glory hounds and White Knights of Knights of Nimbus III pledges 100 million EC towards this noble effort.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Very cool!

Who will be judging the missions and what are the guidelines gonna be?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan