What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i wish you would give any more ships

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    And dont forget the free levelling up ships you get as well.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    What everyone else says. Cryptic has been very generous with leveling-up ships, Anniversary/Summer/Winter Events ships that only require a few minutes of time on one captain and pre-Anniversary C-Store ship giveaways. Then there's the email promo ships that some get.

Yeah. Cryptic needs to give away moar ships.....not.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    You know what they say about wishing right? Wish in one hand, spit in the other, see which one fills up faster.

That said, I wish they gave everyone in the game free lifetime subs and enough Zen to buy everything in the store, for free.
  • Options
    dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    And don't forget the giveaways that sometimes show up on MMO related websites around the times major content releases happen, i.e. the Agent of Yesterday Starter Pack giveaways that some of those sites hosted when the AoY expansion came out last year. There are updated threads in this section of the forum that list the giveaways and contests of the various mmo sites and other gaming sites, i.e. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1227834/star-trek-online-pc-console-2017-february-giveaways-non-cryptic

unotetsu does his/her best to keep it up to date and thanks anyone who post any giveaways and contets that anyone finds on the net.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @thunderfoot006 is a lot more nicer then my comments on this subject.

After years of players on the forums and in game making comments that people who choose to spend money to entertain themselves in game are loosers, I call for less free stuff in this game.

Cryptic can't even give out random emails with free ships without people up in arms and calling for someone to get fired.

I call for an immediate and higher paywall between those who P2W and the freeloaders..I mean F2Pers. Lets focus on who brings more to the game and focus the resources on them.

I also call for a reduction in Zen store prices for all of those LTS players who buy zen on a daily basis, but also raise the prices on those who do not.

Oh wait, this is a game...sorry OP
    Post edited by cidjack on
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, I was fortunate enough to get one of those AoY starter pack giveaways. I was very grateful for it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    There are definitely enough ships for long term or even medium term players. That said, I wouldn't be averse to them having a per-character looooong annoying grind (60 day plus?) to unlock a single character-bound Tier 6 ship for your class.
  • Options
    hillard1959hillard1959 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    They do. It's called turning your dilithium into Zen. Not character bound, but hey.

Cryptic is extremely generous and I"m extremely thankful for that. However, this is a reason they give away ships. A couple I can think of, actually.

1) Fan service. The main draw of this game is building and flying your ship. Having more than ship to play with is a good thing and is more likely to make a player stay in this game as opposed to going to some other game.

2) Free ships generate sales in more ships. Not always immediately, mind you, but ship giveaways tend to generate buzz around the game. Not only do they help retain current players, but entice new players to join the game. A lot of the ships they've given away comes with a console that's part of a set. Want the entire set? Buy the rest of the ships. (This has certainly worked on me as I now plan on buying a T6 T'Varo as soon as I can.)

Cryptic is very generous and very shrewd. Kudos.
  • Options
    cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Be happy like disco cat below.
    Post edited by cactolith on
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    The grind is not bad at all... especially considering that prior to the Risa Summer 2015 Event, if you wanted all your captains to have the Event Ship, then all your captains must do the daily grind. If you had 20 captains, then you must grind 20 times per day. However, when the Risa Summer 2015 Event started, as long as one captain has earned the Event Ship, then all captains on the player's account will get access to that ship.

If I am not mistaken, for QWW 14/15 and Anniversary 15, they had an intermediate system, where you only had to do one run of whatevers to unlock a ship you bought with the whole 1000 marks-of-the-event for other captains.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    lathais wrote: »
    You know what they say about wishing right? Wish in one hand, spit in the other, see which one fills up faster.

That said, I wish they gave everyone in the game free lifetime subs and enough Zen to buy everything in the store, for free.

LOL. They never say spit. But your manners are nice.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Didn't they just spend all of last weekend giving away T5 ships for each faction?