test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Alpha Quadrant doff assignments need to be fixed, specially sine you're adding sectors to it now

lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
edited January 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The map @tacofangs gave on reddit on how the doff assignment sectors should look like back when the change was implemented:
17042369619_962358155b_o.jpg

How it has always incorrectly behaved. Those blue breaks and the sector border breaks need to be removed:
7GgueDP.jpg

I've submitted a bug hunter report on this in the past, just a pain to look up where it is right now.

Comments

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    It's not just the Alpha Quadrant. When I tested this before Season 10 and shortly afterward, there were similar problems in the Beta Quadrant as well. These bugs should have been fixed when they were first reported on Tribble. Here is the last thread that I'm aware of on the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3pdjod/mapping_sector_space_current_map_doff_missions/

Other people may have done more extensive testing since then.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    I can only agree, this is so broken it can become a nightmare to slot an assignment you want and didn't manage to get because your ship crossed an invisible "line" a second too fast.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Here's a question for the devs: What is the relationship (if any) between the code that changes the sector name above the minimap and the code that changes the doff assignments in sector space? The reason I ask is because the math that determines which sector you're in should be the same in both cases.
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Has anyone actually tried this on Tribble? Design said they fixed a bunch of Doffing stuff with those while they were in there adding new ones.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I'm sure they'll fix it now that contraband has been nerfed into oblivion.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    I am wondering if Tour the Galaxy has been updated for the new sectors to?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    @Tacofangs - had a fly around the Alpha Quadrant on tribble and it stills seems to exhibit the same incorrect behaviour as before (and currently on holodeck) with mission lists resetting.

Example crossed Raveh Sector top left diagonally to bottom right, had one set of doff missions at the start of the sector, this then cleared to another smaller list in the middle of the sector and then changed again to what looked like the original list at the bottom corner.

Another example, crossed from Algira Sector to Orias and the doff list refreshed to a new list. Kept heading due west to the middle of the sector (perhaps a third of the way across) and the list refreshes to a shorter one again.

Both of these examples come from the tribble build that is live now.
  • Options
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Has anyone actually tried this on Tribble? Design said they fixed a bunch of Doffing stuff with those while they were in there adding new ones.

Not fixed :'(
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,254 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Keep up the good work nicky.. be well
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    I am astounded that this is still broken, over a year later (or is it two now)...

Doffing needs a revamp to its revamp because of the map revamp.
  • Options
    I am astounded that this is still broken, over a year later (or is it two now)...

Doffing needs a revamp to its revamp because of the map revamp.

I think they added new code and forgot to remove part or all the older code leading to this mess we've had since the sector walls fell.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Seems that not only did they leave the map buggy, they stealth added new doff assignments and some of them are completely bugged like "A Ferengi Investment". So much for QA testing.

Ferengi Investment bug - Can't use Trader doffs on it when it requires a Trader doff.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ran into that the other night. Said, I had no Trader, thought all were on other Missions so I purchased a VR one. Still said no Trader. This time I checked my Roster and I had about eight unassigned.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Just tested doff assignment borders right now. On one hand, it seems, and this was quick, that the invisible blue lines are gone, but that behavior was moved to the sector borders so it's still behaving badly. You get new assigments when going from Orias to Algira, but as soon as you cross to Dubhe you loose them and go back to what I call the "default" Alpha Quadrant set.

Still very very broken!!
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Season 13 launch. Another season. Still.....very, very broken.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Very frustrating!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    When you cross the border between sectors, you can briefly see the name of the quadrant appear at the top of the map and minimap before the name of the sector appears. I suspect that each quadrant has its own list of doff assignments, and when you cross the border, this list overrides the one for the sector block. Sometimes, you see the correct list, and sometimes you don't. I suspect this has to do with the order in which the lists are loaded; there may be a race condition somewhere. Of course, I'm not sure why the quadrants would have their own lists of doff assignments in the first place.
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Of course, I'm not sure why the quadrants would have their own lists of doff assignments in the first place.

Because that WAS the whole fun of DOFFing....hunting for the assignments "out there" somewhere.

It wasn't just some static list you scrolled and skipped through to "find" an event that had a high pay out, like Admiralty is, now.

And that was the fun of "DOFF Calls" or "DOFF Trekker" chat channel and such....you found a lucrative or desirable assignment you could talk with other players to locate them: Colonization DOFF assignments, finishing a Chain, NADORC etc...etc...

Now, it is too much hit or miss going on. TOO RANDOM to even bother.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    where2r1 wrote: »
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Of course, I'm not sure why the quadrants would have their own lists of doff assignments in the first place.

Because that WAS the whole fun of DOFFing....hunting for the assignments "out there" somewhere.

It wasn't just some static list you scrolled and skipped through to "find" an event that had a high pay out, like Admiralty is, now.

And that was the fun of "DOFF Calls" or "DOFF Trekker" chat channel and such....you found a lucrative or desirable assignment you could talk with other players to locate them: Colonization DOFF assignments, finishing a Chain, NADORC etc...etc...

Now, it is too much hit or miss going on. TOO RANDOM to even bother.

Sorry if I was unclear. I was trying to explain why I think the bug is happening. Admittedly, all this is conjecture, but I'll try to clarify what I meant. I believe the bug is caused by a combination of three things:
    1. It's possible to be in a quadrant without being in any particular sector. Watch the name of your current location at the top of the map or minimap. As you cross the border between sectors, the name of the quadrant will sometimes appear for a fraction of a second.
    2. The quadrant itself has its own list of doff assignments that's distinct from the lists for the individual sector blocks which make it up.
    3. If you cross from sector block A to sector block B in quadrant Q, the game will load two lists of doff assignments, one for B and one for Q, but it may load them in the wrong order. Your location changes from A to Q to B, but the game may load the list for Q after the list for B.
    qVpg1km.png