test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Online tech chat lists multiple areas they can provide support, but often cannot!!

timchauvin#3617 timchauvin Member Posts: 85 Arc User
Does anyone else take issue with the fact that to report something in the online chat, multiple options are offered, but when it comes right down to it, the online support usually cannot give a helpful answer and tell you that they only deal with payment issues, and end up putting in a ticket that you could have done yourself? Just spent a good 30 minutes doing this because the online chat option was listed, so I figured I'd give it a try, rather than waiting through the lengthy process of ever getting a response from tickets. So why are options other than financial ones offered under the online chat if the support staff cannot give aid with anything else?

Post edited by timchauvin#3617 on

Answers

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    First things first, you probably want to change the thread title, like right away, unless you want to risk some forum trouble
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Why they don't like people pointing out faults? How else is this game going to become the best it can be if people don't question problems they've come across?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This game has no code of conduct or rules. Support only deals with billing or fraud options, there are no other rules in this game. You can say or do anything you want to anyone you want, and they can do it to you as well.

That's just how it is, you either get used to it or play something else. If you're offended by things people say in chat then STO isn't the game for you. Either close your chat window or play something else.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    @seaofsorrows is correct, there is no code of conduct in this game. Hence why a player with a name of "God" (Handle not included) can sit on ESD for hours naming who in the game will be killed and sent to hell. The ignore button is your friend.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    This game has no code of conduct or rules. Support only deals with billing or fraud options, there are no other rules in this game. You can say or do anything you want to anyone you want, and they can do it to you as well.

That's just how it is, you either get used to it or play something else. If you're offended by things people say in chat then STO isn't the game for you. Either close your chat window or play something else.
    This has nothing to do with in-game chat since I do not use it. My problem is with support showing possible departments in the drop down options for online tech support chat, but even though my issue was listed, the online chat support person didn't have any solutions because they only deal with monetary issues like you suggested. If that is the case, then why do they not just say that instead of having the same drop-down options like you'd have to go through to submit any ticket?

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Does anyone else take issue with the fact that to report something in the online chat, multiple options are offered, but when it comes right down to it, the online support usually cannot give a helpful answer and tell you that they only deal with payment issues, and end up putting in a ticket that you could have done yourself? Just spent a good 30 minutes doing this because the online chat option was listed, so I figured I'd give it a try, rather than waiting through the lengthy process of ever getting a response from tickets. So why are options other than financial ones offered under the online chat if the support staff cannot give aid with anything else?

Posting the email address of a staff member is probably a bad idea. Just sayin'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Posting the email address of a staff member is probably a bad idea. Just sayin'.

Ha, ha!! Even if I had it, I'd never post someones personal info in an online forum.
  • Options

Ha, ha!! Even if I had it, I'd never post someones personal info in an online forum.

Why, obviously you did. :) And you made 2 topics with the exact same email address as Subject.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

Why, obviously you did. :) And you made 2 topics with the exact same email address as Subject.

That would be my name since it never occurred to me to come up with anything else.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

That would be my name since it never occurred to me to come up with anything else.

why would you use your own email for a topic title???
  • Options

Mkay. Guess I don't understand why you would create Subjects with your email address in them, then.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

I didn't that is what the game put when I posted in this forum.
  • Options

Hmm, that feels extremely broken, then. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    tl;dr version
    Support doesn't care, GMs are non-existent. /lock
  • Options

Hmm, that feels extremely broken, then. :)

It's the way it's always been, so it's all I know.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    why do they not just say that instead of having the same drop-down options like you'd have to go through to submit any ticket?

That's a good question.

Thing is, they don't openly acknowledge the fact that they don't care, it's just something everyone knows. I think leaving the options there is more of a 'placebo effect' then anything else. They're hoping you'll send your issue off into nowhere and then stop asking thinking that someone is working on it.

It's just a way to try and shut us up, nothing more.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I have never yet had a negative experience with STO support. The only times I've needed to contact them they responded promtly & continued conversing with me until the problem was resolved.

As for using your name as a thread title, thats monumentally stupid & no the forum does not do that by itself which is easily tested, besides which the originator of a forum thread can edit the title at any time they like.

Well this has been the first time anyone has actually brought this up and I have no idea as to stop it from happening? If I ever don't get satisfaction with support, or if I just have a question that I know a ticket won't give me an answer, I post it in forums, like the original issue that I did yesterday with. But now I am leery of asking the new question that I have after finding out that anyone can edit anything that I might post.
  • Options
    My online form filler put my email address under the question line and I didn't realize it at the time....DOH!! Figured it out when I was going to post again and there it was under the question box.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    My online form filler put my email address under the question line and I didn't realize it at the time....DOH!! Figured it out when I was going to post again and there it was under the question box.

the op can go back and edit his post and change the topic name... might I suggest doing so?
  • Options

the op can go back and edit his post and change the topic name... might I suggest doing so?

Believe I managed to change it.
  • Options
    Typical support ticket response. Telling me what I already knew well after the mission ended!! Go figure as to the reason why I tried putting it through when I saw that chat support was online, but was informed that they could only help with financial issues, even though there is a list of numerous things they can help with, mine being one of them. Will never be spending another cent in this game!!
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As for the OP's last comment, shuttle bay door is that way- - - -> don't let it hit you on the way out.

And if only you could reach the shuttle bay. :P Taco sealed it off good.
    3lsZz0w.jpg