test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MACO Operational Armor outfit

I just reached tier 5 in several reputation areas:

1.) Is there any way to get this armor (MACO operational armor uniform) outfit now? I know you are suppose to do some elite missions, but not sure which ones, and people are saying they are no longer available.

2.) What other reputation armor outfits look good? I think Undine looks pretty cool, but I can't seem to find any pics of the other armors. Could someone post pics of the different reputation armor uniform types here possibly?

Thanks ahead of time.

Comments

• lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Is there a list of what armors have visuals?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Unfortunately the operational maco stuff has been unobtainable since 2014 (delta rising) because cryptic never updated the unlock criterias. Back then you had to complete the "elite" versions + optionals of all the borg queues which aren't in the game anymore.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    The normal MACO outfit is still nice.

I've also begun to appreciate the Terran ground set visuals. Its parts can be combined with other regular uniforms so that's a nice bonues.

Another of my (non-reputation) favorite uniforms is the Voth one from the lobi store. It's expensive, but it looks quite nice and the three different shoulder pads + chest gear, belt, boots and the cape-thingy can also be combined with other regular uniforms.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,754 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps Cryptic should just put the other MACO and Honor Guard visual variants in as Reputation Projects to unlock the visuals to solve this issue.

How about it, @ambassadorkael#6946 ?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I’ll be honest.

The MACO Operational is the best looking armor in game by far. There is nothing even remotely as good.

On those two toons of mine which I made post DR the only option available for me was to grab the regular MACO and the MACO Striker. Both of which are only suboptimal echoes of the Operational but still the next best thing.

I suggest to you to simply mix and match something out of that and forget about the ugly rest from other reputations.

Let me also take this opportunity to congratulate Cryptic for close to 2,5 years of unavailability of the Operational outfit. For our newer players this is surely as motivating as for us veterans seeing the MACO Tactical look in foundry missions but still not in game 6 years later.

Salute!

STO-MACO.jpg
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated