test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refinig Dilithium

I think lifetime members, should get an unlimited amount of dilithium they can refine. This might even help other players to buy a Lifetime Subscription.

Anyone else have thoughts on this idea?

Comments

• Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    My thought is that you intend a self-serving manipulation of the dilithium exchange, to the possible detriment of others.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Like most dilithium related suggestions that players make, this is a horrible idea.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I think Cryptic should advertise this as a bonus for purchasing a lifetime subscription to up sales on the lifetime memberships and then promptly remove it because of the damage it would cause to the economy. B) Thug life!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I would be all for upping the limit for Subscribers/Lifetimers to 10k or 12k instead of 8k but unlimited is just way to much. Another hook to get people to sub or buy the lifetime is fine since it's not a huge amount more than free players can get but another bonus. Totally blowing out the bottom of the Dil Exchange by letting you refine as much as you want is not a good thing though.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,537 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    I would be all for upping the limit for Subscribers/Lifetimers to 10k or 12k instead of 8k but unlimited is just way to much. Another hook to get people to sub or buy the lifetime is fine since it's not a huge amount more than free players can get but another bonus. Totally blowing out the bottom of the Dil Exchange by letting you refine as much as you want is not a good thing though.

This is a much more sensible suggestion.

• Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I would just say make the additional 1000 refined daily bonus lifetime subs get BUILT IN. NOT a mission than can only be qued up at certain NPC's.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    I think lifetime members, should get an unlimited amount of dilithium they can refine. This might even help other players to buy a Lifetime Subscription.

LOL!!!!

Say hello to the 500:1 exchange rate.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Absolutely not, it would be one of the worst things they could do to the economy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2016

No to unlmited for LTS

Yes to something along the lines of 32K per toon each day for LTS and subs similar to how neverwinters' AD refinement amounts, this would be a good incentive to get LTS or sub.

This coming from a F2P player :)
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    yea so we can exc. 1 zen for 2500 dil ...

Won't be 2500 dilithium for 1 Zen unless Cryptic removes the Dilithium Exchange cap.

Yes to Unlimited Dilithium Refinement, but have the devs announce that STO is shutting down the day after we get it. As well as playable Borg Collective faction, Borg Tactical Fusion Cubes Lockbox ship, and announcement of the final boss in STO, the Wisest Tribble.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    garaks31 wrote: »
    yea so we can exc. 1 zen for 2500 dil ...

Won't be 2500 dilithium for 1 Zen unless Cryptic removes the Dilithium Exchange cap.

Yes to Unlimited Dilithium Refinement, but have the devs announce that STO is shutting down the day after we get it. As well as playable Borg Collective faction, Borg Tactical Fusion Cubes Lockbox ship, and announcement of the final boss in STO, the Wisest Tribble.

Awe and i was hoping the final boss was wesley crusher so we could finally kill him because ...wesley crusher MUST DIE!!! lol
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    as a lifetimer - No
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    still i think expanding the dil refinement cap to around 32K per day for LTS and Subs would be adaquet and be a nice incentive to get LTS or Subs.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    32k per day? The only upside I see in that amount for Cryptic is the increased amount of time spent in game by LTS's trying to reach that cap in the same way they reach the cap now...
    This might even help other players to buy a Lifetime Subscription.
    Oh, and I'm curious how exactly this would work.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »

Better Subscription incentives means more subscriptions sold. Personally, I am of the opinion that the only reason why the game is Freemium instead of F2P is due to the LTS. It is the reason why we have a great F2P system, but such a lousy Subscription system. SWTOR tries to force players to subscribe while STO tries to force players to go F2P.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    bergins wrote: »

Better Subscription incentives means more subscriptions sold. Personally, I am of the opinion that the only reason why the game is Freemium instead of F2P is due to the LTS. It is the reason why we have a great F2P system, but such a lousy Subscription system. SWTOR tries to force players to subscribe while STO tries to force players to go F2P.

Ah.. Incentive. So it might help players decide to buy a LTS. I was wondering how current LTS's helping to crash the Dil market were going to help make the subscription more accessible to other players.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    IDK about the idea of unlimited refinement, but I wouldn't mind replacing the Veteran DOff Refinement mission with a 10k/day limit. Alternatively, keep the DOff mission as a reward for monthly subscribers, and having a 10k daily limit as a LTS incentive reward INTEAD of the DOff refinement mission.
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    still i think expanding the dil refinement cap to around 32K per day for LTS and Subs would be adaquet and be a nice incentive to get LTS or Subs.

That would be WAY too much. 9k.. 10k tops.

Though I would greatly prefer everyone remain at 8k.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    To the OP, that would be insane, so no!

That would be WAY too much. 9k.. 10k tops.

Though I would greatly prefer everyone remain at 8k.

If it was an account wide limit of 32k, that would be better.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    10-12k sounds reasonable.
    Unlimited is a very bad idea.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    If it was an account wide limit of 32k, that would be better.

No, that would hurt players who run >4 alts. Heck, I've got 5 "maxed" (all capable of 40K+ DPS, full specs and reps, etc). Players running more alts, if those characters are anything other than Dil farmers, have a greater requirement for the commodity. Don't punish them because of the farmers.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    Yeah, sure. When you admit that data rod in your hand is authentic.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    A quick look at Neverwinter's Astral Diamond Exchange will show just how bad an idea it would be raise the refine cap in STO. The AD exchange has been maxed for years and nobody sells zen anymore.

That is what you get when the Auction House uses Astral Diamonds and not Gold.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User

No that will crash the exchange period. And completly destroy the game as far as resource gathering goes. They went with an "open cap" in Neverwinter and well just try cashing in AD's for zen to buy items. You can't as the market is broken. They have tried a half TRIBBLE attempt at fixing it with no more AD's given in quests outside of very specfic ones and this hasn't fixed anything.