test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PHYSX>CPU and Direct3D9e to Direct3D11

rithisakrithisak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2016 in Graphical and Sound Issues
After the update today I get the change Direct3D9e to Direct3D11 on the launcher and once in the game in options it doesn't even show Direct3D11 but I ran a dxdiag command and it shows me running DirectX 12 on my Alienware 17 laptop and in the top right left of my screen ingame it shows PHYSX>CPU on my screen while playing the game. How can I fix this? Game is running fine at max graphics.
Post edited by rithisak on

Comments

• Options
    rithisakrithisak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Update: Fixed the PHYSX>CPU that was appearing in the upper left of screen by resetting to default my 3d setting in the Nviddia Control Panel.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    rithisak wrote: »
    After the update today I get the change Direct3D9e to Direct3D11 on the launcher and once in the game in options it doesn't even show Direct3D11 but I ran a dxdiag command and it shows me running DirectX 12 on my Alienware 17 laptop and in the top right left of my screen ingame it shows PHYSX>CPU on my screen while playing the game. How can I fix this? Game is running fine at max graphics.

What video card/chipset is that Alienware using?

I ask because if the card/chipset doesn't support DX11 features; you won't see the option to enable them in game no matter what version of DirectX your OS has installed.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."