test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how to make a fleet?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Federation Discussion
i am wanting to know how to make a fleet as i have alot of starships but i dont know how to make a fleet can anyone help me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You need 5 people to make a Fleet, and you need others in the Fleet to invite alternate characters you might have. You can't make a Fleet by yourself and invite all your own characters.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    amyketchum wrote:
    i am wanting to know how to make a fleet as i have alot of starships but i dont know how to make a fleet can anyone help me?

You can't make a Fleet in the way that I think you mean. A Fleet is a group of players (5 or more) that you can create by going to to the Fleet master in the Personnel area of Earth Space Dock. You'll need to have all the players with you that you intend to make a Fleet with.
  • jamesbond2012jamesbond2012 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That is a MAJOR roadblock for me. Becasue of the thousands, if not millions of people who play STO, I cannot find five people to help me for five minutes. They are either already in a fleet, or they are too busy or greedy to help. Some won't even help unless I pay them 100,000 EC. And that's just for five minutes. So in my honest opinion, I think the five player team requirement is a little too much red tape.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2012
    Ressurecting dead threads is a no no, this is what 2 years old.

My brother had his fleet up in 5 minutes and of the 100k EC offered only one person actually took it. Perhaps it's your approach.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That is a MAJOR roadblock for me. Becasue of the thousands, if not millions of people who play STO, I cannot find five people to help me for five minutes. They are either already in a fleet, or they are too busy or greedy to help. Some won't even help unless I pay them 100,000 EC. And that's just for five minutes. So in my honest opinion, I think the five player team requirement is a little too much red tape.

srsly...you kind of get the idea of a fleet in this game wrong i think. You are supposed to make a fleet with other people, that share this fleet then with you. It is not designed to be one person only.
    If you want to advance and build a fleet base, you are going to need many, many people in your fleet...so 5 is actually a very low number to start a fleet.

If you are only creating a private fleet, for bank slot reasons and do not plan to advance it further, you should be more than prepared to pay 100k (peanuts anyway) to each of those people. Or you create more accounts, since the game is 4 free.

but if you consider playing this game as intended, you should join a existing fleet...the bigger the better.
    Go pro or go home
  • rileypastyrileypasty Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll be in a fleet with you, I'll meet you tomorrow (25/10/12) on deepspace k7 in the admirals office standing next to commander Naomi wildman, the name is kevin killmore and my ship is the miranda USS Xlar

(UK server)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rileypasty wrote: »
    (UK server)

Wha???

There are only 3 servers... Holodeck (live), Tribble (Season Test), Redshirt (General test).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • iampro44iampro44 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the best way to create a fleet is to have 5 players/friends to join you whilst you make this fleet firstly go to the fleet master on earth space dock and there you can make a fleet
  • iamproformsteamiamproformsteam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iampro44 wrote: »
    the best way to create a fleet is to have 5 players/friends to join you whilst you make this fleet firstly go to the fleet master on earth space dock and there you can make a fleet

yes that is the best way however most players demand EC and normally up to 100k EC so itsa going to cost alot
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Noobie necro-thread.

Have a cookie.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see dead ppl :eek:

Wait for the next resurrection of this thread around 2019
    Bastet
  • saraljacksonsaraljackson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Do you mean squads?
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Almost 6 years now. (Sorry, I found this again and could not resist) >:)>:)>:)
    Bastet