test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Duty Officers are the best?

For the record, I have a cruiser with one tactical, one science, and two engineers.

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    To quote Jim Halpert: "Black Bear!"

To quote Dwight Schrute: "Well that'd debatable."

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alyssum01alyssum01 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    If you mean bridge officers for your ship; start with ones that have abilities you want to use.
    You can train them with different abilities later if you wish to. When you upgrade ships, make sure you have the right kind of officers to cover the next available position. (If you were to upgrade to a ship with 2 science positions with just 1 tac, 1 sci and 2 eng bridge officers, you wouldn't be able to use that new position because your sci officer can only cover 1 spot.)

Duty officers cannot be trained or promoted, so you are stuck with what you get. The quality/color rank does matter. If you send a white level doff on a high causality rate mission, he has a better chance of dying then say a doff with green, blue or purple level quality. You'll want to use the best ones as your active space/ground officers as they can give you buffs as you play the game. Most players can only begin using duty officers around level 11 or so (Nimbus usually, unless you're playing AoY)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Or is this about doffs for permanent bonuses ship/ground? Even with the info "a cruiser", we'd need to know what you specialize in.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    as othr said depends. are you trying an A2Batt build? are you using sci magiks?are torpedoes loaded?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Tier 2 cruiser is what I have.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    umm what level are you? if you are not what is it, 14, you don't get doffs do you?

also, console or PC?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    more info http://sto.gamepedia.com/Bridge_officer

during levelling you can try out different abilities from trainer under the admiral's room
    recommending tac team ,eng team and sci team
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Mine! ;)

Qapla!
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Mine! ;)

Qapla!

Nuh, uh, mine are -- they make me stuffs ;)
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    @trekbrony if yiu put directed energy modulation on your boff layout Id recommand "Marion Frances Dulmer"

also Zemok for cdr for attack patterns maybe

it all depends on your build you know

there is no BEST doffs in general
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    He has a T2 ship, there is no point to even care about the BOFFs until you hit at least level 50 and begin your end-game journey. Then you just grab the blue romulan BOFFs from the fleet embassy for tac seats, and the rest comes as situational: either Krenim, the Potatohead, or whatever. Do your research.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    aenar and their white antenas win all the time either boff or doff.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    What a trolling thread. OP's grasp and incompleteness is amazing.
  • Options
    trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I wasn't trying to be a troll, I don't understand how the Duty Officer system works currently. I just know the basics.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Okay, nevermind then. But these folks are asking clarifying questions to help and they are going unanswered.

For example, you can activate 5 doffs for space and 5 for ground. What kind of ship and kind of capt will be pertinent in which doffs you activate.
    Chance to beam in more turrets wont help a tac captain. And chance to reduce cooldown of torps wont help if you dont have torps.

But like someone said you dont have to get too concerned with a T2 ship. Flush your build out with T5's and T6's.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Better quality is better. Having the right traits is better.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    To answer your question about duty officers, we first need to know...
    • What kind of weapons you are using/planning to use
    • What kind of BRIDGE officer abilities you are using/planning to use

Without knowing these things, I can suggest you amazingly good doffs, yet they do nothing useful for you since your build might be completely different from mine.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    To answer your question about duty officers, we first need to know...
    • What kind of weapons you are using/planning to use
    • What kind of BRIDGE officer abilities you are using/planning to use

Without knowing these things, I can suggest you amazingly good doffs, yet they do nothing useful for you since your build might be completely different from mine.
    This, a doff that buffs Fire at Will does nothing for Beam Overload, etc....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg