Install Arc
Options

Would you own an Orion slave girl?

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    No
    artan42 wrote: »
    Slavery is not a war crime. It is a crime against humanity. Or Orionity in this case.
    In this game, as it's a crime being committed by serving military personnel, it's both.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    No
    I say no. I care about the humanity of a person even an alien such as an Orion slave girl. Though if I did get one she would work for me, I would then after seven years ask her if she wanted to be freed. If she wanted to be freed, it would be so but if she wanted to still be a slave then that is her decision and I would respect her wishes. If after another seven years she wanted her freedom, then I would have her released then if she wanted to pursue an education, run a business, etc. she could do that. But my answer still would not be a maybe. God bless. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    "slave" has weird possibilities with Orions... so yeah... don't go there
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Yes
    ioneon wrote: »
    Yes but theres more to this then just ownership, most orion "slave"girls enjoy it and why? because they wind up running the show , in most cases where orion "slaves" girls they use their pheremones to control the male to whatever ends they like, the trade off is well uhm they are very very VERY good in the bedroom.

so its a give and take and most orion "slave" girls are infact incharge though the male doesnt relise it lol

Hence the dilemma, is it morally wrong to follow along with the pretense that she's a slave? Knowing full well that she's in charge, and you're in it for the perks? Would one allow themselves to be in that situation knowingly? It's a deep rabbit hole.

heres the gist of it she isnt actually the slave...the man is , he becomes her slave but its not like he doesnt get nothing from it :)
  • Options
    No
    Yes but theres more to this then just ownership, most orion "slave"girls enjoy it and why? because they wind up running the show , in most cases where orion "slaves" girls they use their pheremones to control the male to whatever ends they like, the trade off is well uhm they are very very VERY good in the bedroom.

so its a give and take and most orion "slave" girls are infact incharge though the male doesnt relise it lol

Hence the dilemma, is it morally wrong to follow along with the pretense that she's a slave? Knowing full well that she's in charge, and you're in it for the perks? Would one allow themselves to be in that situation knowingly? It's a deep rabbit hole.

heres the gist of it she isnt actually the slave...the man is , he becomes her slave but its not like he doesnt get nothing from it :)

If she's the master, you're a fool and a walking security breach. If he's the master, you're guilty of crimes against sentience.

Either way, the answer is no.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    starswordc wrote: »
    Slavery is not a war crime. It is a crime against humanity. Or Orionity in this case.
    In this game, as it's a crime being committed by serving military personnel, it's both.

For the Orions possibility. Depending on whether they're in the KDF or not. If not, if they're just a crime syndicate, then it's not a war crime as neither the Syndicate nor Starfleet are militaries.
    And as far as I can remember, the Federation isn't at war with the Orions, just the Klingons, and as that was is over anyway, there's no war for these non-militaries to perform war crimes in.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Maybe (explain)
    If I could buy her then free her or allow her to go about her life free and only pretend to claim ownership if someone else tries to enslave her.

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    No
    Nope. Not only do I find slavery morally repugnant and against everything Starfleet's supposed to stand for, as mentioned above, there'd be the obvious security issues that would arise if she were to start using her pheromones to mind-control me or other guys around her. So, in a word, no.

Saying that, I plan to get an Orion boff, once I get my diplomacy commendation points all the way to level 4 and can select one "enemy" faction boff. My little background story for her is that she's a former slave who was freed and then joined Starfleet, serving in Starfleet Intelligence as an operative. I'll make her my tac/intel boff and she will be awesome.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Nope. Not a chance. Not now. Not ever. The perks are not worth it either. Especially since they are only pixels and imagination.
    In a word...Eeeeewwww!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although as others have already stated, you don't own Orion women, they own you, you betcha.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    No

For the Orions possibility. Depending on whether they're in the KDF or not. If not, if they're just a crime syndicate, then it's not a war crime as neither the Syndicate nor Starfleet are militaries.
    And as far as I can remember, the Federation isn't at war with the Orions, just the Klingons, and as that was is over anyway, there's no war for these non-militaries to perform war crimes in.​​

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Sell_Prisoners_to_Orion_Slavers

The Orion Syndicate is used by the Klingons as auxiliary naval forces beginning in the Klingon-Gorn War, which makes the Klingons culpable in the Orions' crimes.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

And as far as I can remember, the Federation isn't at war with the Orions, just the Klingons, and as that was is over anyway, there's no war for these non-militaries to perform war crimes in.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Sell_Prisoners_to_Orion_Slavers

The Orion Syndicate is used by the Klingons as auxiliary naval forces beginning in the Klingon-Gorn War, which makes the Klingons culpable in the Orions' crimes.

I certain the Klingons don't have a concept of war crimes anyway. They certainly don't have a problem with slavery either.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    No
    One minor nitpick: This thread, contrary to some posters' beliefs, isn't from the context of this game or necessarily even being a Starfleet officer. It's literally just 'were you in Star Trek, were you own an Orion?'

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    jrroxjrrox Member Posts: 2 New User
    Heh, in Soviet Federation, Orion Slave Girl owns you!​​
    "Something profound goes here..."
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Maybe (explain)
    Depends on how much dilithium she could mine for me. Might off-set the costs of her upkeep.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    jrrox wrote: »
    Heh, in Soviet Federation, Orion Slave Girl owns you!​​

I would not own an Orion Slave Girl, she would own me, and I'd let her own me!
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Maybe (explain)
    It appears to be ethical outside of the federation, and even encouraged. If you were living in the Star Trek universe (presumably not enlisted in Starfleet), would you partake? Be honest.

Sometimes I own her, sometimes she owns me. It really depends on what PVP build she is using that day .. ;)

Qapla!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    No
    No. I'd rather spend my money on a Holodeck.

For a real life romantic and sexual activities, I'd prefer an equal. I might try to find a place on Trill or a Trill colony (preferably one within the Federation, not with Orion Syndicate intermingling), I like those spots.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    No
    patrickngo wrote: »
    If you paid money to get her, and she owns you...we have a word for that.

Marriage.

Ouch. XD
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    Yes
    I'm into BDSM, so....
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    This thread should go away. The original premise was stupid. The OP was stupid coming up with the idea in the first place. Which he did due to his pressing need for some kind of pathetic psychosexual idiocy in his life. Then he was even stupider for posting it. People who argued both sides of this non issue are stupid. And remain so. The Moderators are stupid for not closing this thread earlier.

And I am stupidest of all for thinking my tiny little effort to get ignorant threads like this one noticed enough by the mods to get them closed and the OP censured or at least warned about threads about asking stupid people whether or not they want to "own" pixelated versions of some schoolboys' wet dream fantasy girlfriend in a not very good science fiction MMO.

@jokarider. Dude! Where are you at?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    No
    Ethically wrong in my book
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      Maybe (explain)

Alas I feel a need to point out that crimes are a matter of established law within a jurisdiction,and so depending on where you are it may be a crime NOT to participate.

That having been said ... we can still call a law immoral, unjust, unethical, or cruel, and we can feel right in defying such laws as our own conscience cannot tolerate. Getting away with it, or finding ourselves forced to commit atrocities of our own as a result of our choosing defiance are other things to consider.

Now ... having said all the previous, I point out that this poll/thread is beginning to inch into dangerous philosophical territory.

Maybe I should not post this. Maybe it is troll bait. I ask the readers to not let this happen, and I see the moderator has been summoned in any case. maybe a safer topic next time? ;)

Qapla!
    • Options
      Maybe (explain)
      Ethically wrong in my book

Your area looks beautiful. :)

Qapla!
    • Options
      Maybe (explain)
      It appears to be ethical outside of the federation, and even encouraged. If you were living in the Star Trek universe (presumably not enlisted in Starfleet), would you partake? Be honest.

Sometimes I own her, sometimes she owns me. It really depends on what PVP build she is using that day .. ;)

Qapla!
      This thread should go away. The original premise was stupid. The OP was stupid coming up with the idea in the first place. Which he did due to his pressing need for some kind of pathetic psychosexual idiocy in his life. Then he was even stupider for posting it. People who argued both sides of this non issue are stupid. And remain so. The Moderators are stupid for not closing this thread earlier.

And I am stupidest of all for thinking my tiny little effort to get ignorant threads like this one noticed enough by the mods to get them closed and the OP censured or at least warned about threads about asking stupid people whether or not they want to "own" pixelated versions of some schoolboys' wet dream fantasy girlfriend in a not very good science fiction MMO.

@jokarider. Dude! Where are you at?

So I felt this was worth a joke, but I think thunderfoot006 makes the point that this is kind of a good topic to take down now.

Qapla!
    • Options
      dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
      No
      I still don't understand how everybody manages to ignore that it's not game-related - it is nothing more than "If you lived in the ST universe", not "If you lived as one of your STO characters".

All this nonsense about "pixelated versions of some schoolboys' wet dream fantasy girlfriend in a not very good science fiction MMO" is completely missing the premise of the question, even though the answer may or may not be the same.

(On another note, you misspelled the moderator's name. There will be no response there. :tongue:)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    • Options
      Maybe (explain)
      dalolorn wrote: »
      I still don't understand how everybody manages to ignore that it's not game-related - it is nothing more than "If you lived in the ST universe", not "If you lived as one of your STO characters".

All this nonsense about "pixelated versions of some schoolboys' wet dream fantasy girlfriend in a not very good science fiction MMO" is completely missing the premise of the question, even though the answer may or may not be the same.

(On another note, you misspelled the moderator's name. There will be no response there. :tongue:)

If I lived in the Star Trek Universe, my ethics would tend to be a product of which region I was raised in, and who taught me. There isn't any rational answer (outside the vote itself) that wouldn't require multiple assumptions, and maybe some sort of essay to explain it. My point earlier ...
      Alas I feel a need to point out that crimes are a matter of established law within a jurisdiction,and so depending on where you are it may be a crime NOT to participate.

That having been said ... we can still call a law immoral, unjust, unethical, or cruel, and we can feel right in defying such laws as our own conscience cannot tolerate. Getting away with it, or finding ourselves forced to commit atrocities of our own as a result of our choosing defiance are other things to consider.

So ... what do people expect here? We are not in that universe, and if we were, we have no idea what we might end up being in that universe. Further, if we did have a choice about what life we would be 'born' into, the better question would be 'Why did we make that particular choice out of all the options?'

We are asked 'would you partake?' Partake in what? Being an oppressor? Being the oppressed? Being raised to be institutionally oblivious to oppression? Being overly sensitive to the slightest perception of oppression? Faux intimacy without responsibility? Or letting people in a nearby star system oppress others, and leave those others to remain oppressed, because we have a prime directive? Selling the oppressed? Or providing an underground railroad for the oppressed to escape? Slaughtering the oppressed because they are slave soldiers coming to destroy us?

So much to 'partake' of ...

Why not be worrying about the oppressed here in this universe, on Earth in the now? That isn't game related either. Do we 'partake'?

I'll leave who the oppressed in are in this world for you to define for yourself, but you will define it using the life you have lived, the way you were raised, and the lessons learned from it. You will select an oppressor to blame, or choose to emulate, depending on your ethics. Each of us, every one, pushes on the person next to them, either with permission, or not. Sometimes we feel bad about it. Sometimes we do it with a vengeful sense of justice. Sometimes we just don't care.

I voted 'maybe' because I will never know what I would do in 'that' universe. I only know what I believe in this one.

Part of what I believe is this; If this thread isn't game related, then I don't need to linger, and neither does this thread. No hard feelings to the OP. I like a good joke thread, but if that isn't what the intention is for this one, I have said all I feel I need to here.

Live Long, Live Free, and Prosper!
      Qapla!