test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to equip any kit frame after patch

nightowl2002nightowl2002 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My primary character Sonia is now unable to equip any kit frames. The kit frame space does not appear to have anything in it, but if I right click on the kit frame space, "Info" is an option. "Info" is blank when I click on it. I can't remove anything from the kit frame space, and can't equip another kit frame from my inventory into that space.

Prior to this patch I had one of the Spire Engineering MK XII Kits or the Romulan Embassy Engineering MK XII Kit equipped in the kit frame slot. I own both Spire Engineering MK XII kits and the Romulan Embassy Engineering Kit and had two of the three in my bank inventory, with the other one equipped on my character. Now, I see two "Engineering Kit Mk XII [KPerf] x2 [PSG] [WpnDmg]" in my bank inventory, and the apparently blank kit frame spot on my character. I have tried to equip the kit frames from my inventory, but nothing happens when I do so. I can equip kit modules, but am not able to change the kit frame.

I have changed zones several times, moved from ground to space and back again and completely exited the game and came back in a few times, but it did not change anything.

After patch on November 3rd, my kit frame issue has been resolved. The Romulan embassy kit frame showed up in the kit frame slot. Thank you!
Post edited by nightowl2002 on

Comments

• Options
    ravenlord#1515 ravenlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The kits I had equipped have disappeared, the ones i had in my inventory have disappeared, any equipped modules have moved to my inventory. I bought a new kit off the exchange and tried to equip it and it won't let me. As if my old kits turned into blank items and are locked in their old slots. I can't even move an item into the slot my old kit was in my inventory.
  • Options
    ravenlord#1515 ravenlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    changing zones solved my issues. I beamed from earth space dock to the starfleet academy and everything fixed itself.
  • Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue.

Right now, there's a black box underlined in red where my kit should go:
    6QusGmF.png

I don't recall if it was a Spire kit or an Embassy kit, but it was one of those. I cannot equip any other kit. If I try to do so, nothing happens. I'll get a notification that "this will bind and you cannot trade it" every single time.

If I try to double-click the black box, I see this:
    VLCxAsc.png

The game can't tell I have several kits in my inventory and says "Can't remove item from this slot".

I've zoned several times, relogged several times, and switched between space and ground several times; this does NOT fix the issue. That method fixes a different issue of people losing kit modules.
  • Options
    redshirtrobredshirtrob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    nefczi#8988 nefczi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same problem here.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Go to a ground map, log out and log back in.
    This fixed my kit problem - it might work for you too.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    renards90renards90 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Same problem . I did everything what all says i still cant equip it
  • Options
    arborgarborg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I'm also having this issue.
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Same problem!

Character Sacca Gavesaka
    Handle: @Amonoktemple

Problem: Kits Frames, including those in inventory, have disappeared (I can live with that). However after going to my Research Lab and buying some new kits, I can't equip any of them. I've tried logging in and out in various locations in various combinations, no go...kits frames are broken!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Same issue on two of my three maximum-level characters.
  • Options
    elvnswordelvnsword Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue, kit frame is filled by some invisible bugged item that I cannot remove.

This is a MAJOR issue for those of us who play on ground combat. The Kit themselves provide fairly hefty bonuses that are counted on for Ground.
  • Options
    freakules#6430 freakules Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello,

I too have multiple characters that are unable to equip kit frames. Right now I have a total of 15 characters and only the ones that had kit frames from the 23c where bugged. I allowed the game to force verify. I also tried logging in and out, and changing zones, like suggested with no luck.
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    If you are having this issue on a NON-AoY character: beam to a ground map (if not on one, already), and then change instances 2-5 times. This worked for my Delta recruit with her Sci kit stuck.

If you are on AoY character with this issue: wait for tomorrow's patch; It was stated as fixed in the notes for the Tribble patch of October 28th. I can't verify if this is accurate, I don't have Tribble installed, so I hope it does actually work!
  • Options
    firefox1#9001 firefox1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also am having the exact same issues since the patch back in October - have tried new characters and also the jumping instances but still the same exactly as Add to dictionary above illustrates.
  • Options
    narxes081206narxes081206 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Same issues here. I'm hoping cryptic is reading these forums and recognizes this is an issue. It needs to be patched. Both my Romulan characters are unable to equip kit frames. Modules are fine, but still cannot equip kit frames!
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I can confirm this is still happening with the bottom grade kits you are given in (or nearly enough in) the tutorial. The modules have been spat out, but the frame itself has turned into a blank item that cannot be moved or unequipped.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    confirming here after last patch, let alone after 3/11 too. (2 starter kit frames on 2 chars stacking bank slots, and) one unknown low level kit frame (possibly starter/"old") on an eng non AoY low level char, stacking the kit frame slot. It was in known issue and gone, unsure why. It should be "very known now" and worked at. I think or hope.

If it's possible could it be merged with black slots etc topics as it's a different face of the same issue of (possibly starter, possibly other old) kit frame getting black holed and disabling the (inventory/bank/KIT FRAME) slot they were in since 25/10?

P.S.
    @roebotsixtyfive you reported this and other (specific module hotbar) issue also very nice on 9th of Nov patch notes thread on tribble, I hope the devs will notice what is said there by you. I tried to link there where applicable too as I tried to report the issue before finding your post and I messed up a bit.

Also, unsure when I should comment on this as there are so many topics on this regard but I don't want any info to be lost/people falsely thinking it was (completely) fixed already
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    When kit FRAME slot is affected and blackened, you can not use any kit frame. Hence trying to redirect here as it's relevant

Just found out this official Holodeck bug report I think this is the place to comment more? -trying to redirect
    NOTE THAT THE BUG PRESENTS AS OF NOW and AFTER 3/11 PATCH

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1224013/standard-issue-kit-frames-replaced-by-blank-items