test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kit Module Storage

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
So with tomorrow's update and the changes to kit modules and frames, those of us that used frames to store modules are going to run out of inventory space since nothing's being done to accommodate kit module storage. You might want to consider unequipping all of your modules from your kits before the update lands to avoid any mishaps.

hXZfDTy.jpg

Hoarding jokes aside, something needs to be done about kit modules. Maybe add a storage page for them like R&D? :/

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Do you literally have every single module a tac can possibly use?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User
    I hope the devs will throw in that module storage as a surprise addition tomorrow, but i better prep for a LOT of modules in overflow.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Do you literally have every single module a tac can possibly use?

...Yup. I like to have options. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Storage is sold in the C-store. Just buy the slots if you need to more junk.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    warpangel wrote: »

We never needed extra storage with the old kits. We didn't need them until now since we could put the modules on the kits.

So tell me, why would it suddenly be reasonable to expect those of us who want to have extra options to buy more bank slots?

While kits are definitely being improved with the upcoming changes, some free storage that can only be used by kit modules would be fair. If items (kits) are being split into multiple separate items, it would be the least they could offer as compensation.
    Or should we also just buy more bank slots if they ever decide that items can no longer be put on non-active ships and BOFFs?
    questerius wrote: »
    I hope the devs will throw in that module storage as a surprise addition tomorrow, but i better prep for a LOT of modules in overflow.
    I went through and dismantled all of my kits today. only a few of my characters actually had over a dozen modules.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    risian4 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

We never needed extra storage with the old kits. We didn't need them until now since we could put the modules on the kits.

So tell me, why would it suddenly be reasonable to expect those of us who want to have extra options to buy more bank slots?

While kits are definitely being improved with the upcoming changes, some free storage that can only be used by kit modules would be fair. If items (kits) are being split into multiple separate items, it would be the least they could offer as compensation.
    Likely the reason the modules are being separated from the kits in the first place, is precisely because people have been using spare kits as free storage.
    Or should we also just buy more bank slots if they ever decide that items can no longer be put on non-active ships and BOFFs?
    Ship and boff slots are sold for Zen just like bank and inventory slots. They get their money either way. Spare kit frames are free.

Logically, boffs should have kits too, though.
  • flyingtargflyingtarg Member Posts: 105 Cryptic Developer
    Hey guys, we'll have an update for you shortly about this issue. Tomorrow's update will include something to help alleviate inventory concerns with the change to kits and kit modules, but it was not included in the patch notes.
    Daniel "FlyingTarg" Razza
    Star Trek Online Lead Programmer
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Hey guys, we'll have an update for you shortly about this issue. Tomorrow's update will include something to help alleviate inventory concerns with the change to kits and kit modules, but it was not included in the patch notes.

Was it the extra 12 inventory slots? Or something else? And thank you guys for the free slots.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Put them in your bank. You seem to operate under the fallacy you need everything in your inventory.

There will be five cavities on your character status screen which will hold any five modules.
    "Characters no longer put Kit Modules into a Kit, but directly equip them on their Status page."
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    And why carry all that stuff in you inventory anyways, stuff like elite marks and your fire extinguisher go in your bank. Unless your one of those people who dont believe in banks and has your life savings under your mattress.
    hypl wrote: »
    Was it the extra 12 inventory slots? Or something else? And thank you guys for the free slots.
    Yeah, this intrigues me as well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,987 Arc User
    If we are already at Max inventory slots do we still get 12 free?
    I'm going with yes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would not mind if it was a module/kit tab kinda like we have with the R&D materials, even if it is only half the size of the tab we got for the R&D an regular inventory tabs.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    If it was a new Tab then they sure played that close to the chest, as the recent Tribble Patch (10/20) didn't include it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    If it was a new Tab then they sure played that close to the chest, as the recent Tribble Patch (10/20) didn't include it.

True though as the below says, it might either have been left out on accident/purpose, or just added in after seeing posts about it. In someways I don't see why they would not not add a module/kit tab with such a change, as even if they keep a new tab to 15-25 that is about equal to 5 full kits of modules, and even that would not met up to what some have stored. Thus prompting players to get more slots, keep them in overflow, or lose their modules (by discard or selling) an we have more modules coming too.

Honestly, a lot of the special modules are strictly upgraded versions of existing modules. Like Photon Grenade and Neutronic... etc.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User

Glad to hear it.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Thank you, it is much appreciated :)
    asuran14 wrote: »

True though as the below says, it might either have been left out on accident/purpose, or just added in after seeing posts about it. In someways I don't see why they would not not add a module/kit tab with such a change, as even if they keep a new tab to 15-25 that is about equal to 5 full kits of modules, and even that would not met up to what some have stored. Thus prompting players to get more slots, keep them in overflow, or lose their modules (by discard or selling) an we have more modules coming too.

True, there are probably more modules coming. But we're talking about maybe 3 or 4 modules for the next half year (1 for the winter event, 1 for the new reputation that will likely come in a few months and maybe 2 from lock boxes within the same period).

That's manageable.

While you still might need extra storage room in the future, that's at least something you can keep in mind for the future. At least we won't suddenly need to buy 15-25 extra bank slots on each character right now if you don't have any free space left.
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I don't know why we still use kit modules. Wouldn't it be easier if captains behaved like bridge officers with kit modules becoming captain ability manuals?
    bioixi wrote: »
    I don't know why we still use kit modules. Wouldn't it be easier if captains behaved like bridge officers with kit modules becoming captain ability manuals?

I'm guessing this is because there were, until recently, restrictions on how many of each sort of ability you could use since there were different roles (for example, medic and scientist) which was also tied in with the old skill tree. Further, BOFFs can use multiple copies of the same ability whereas our captains can not, since that would make some players invincible and others just way too overpowered.

Changing all this would probably require much more work than maintaining a different system of kit modules.

But again, I'm just guessing :p
    bioixi wrote: »

Captain and bridge officer abilities should be unified somewhat, yes.

But kit abilites don't work the same way as boff manuals. Boff abilities are attached to ranks whereas kit abilites have normal item quality levels. Also, how would manuals be upgraded?

Much easier to give boffs kits instead.
    risian4 wrote: »

True, there are probably more modules coming. But we're talking about maybe 3 or 4 modules for the next half year (1 for the winter event, 1 for the new reputation that will likely come in a few months and maybe 2 from lock boxes within the same period).

That's manageable.

While you still might need extra storage room in the future, that's at least something you can keep in mind for the future. At least we won't suddenly need to buy 15-25 extra bank slots on each character right now if you don't have any free space left.

THat depends on the player though too. Some fixate on a single set of module and so playstyle, while others might have different module set ups for different situations, and so keep them in different kits they would swap out for easy access. Now taking that into considering, as well as that I am sure we have a lot of hoarders in the game that want to have one of each module at the highest quality, and you have a really large issue there as that is a lot of spaces that are getting taken up by the modules that were displaced. An there is also as said that you have the future modules from kits boxes an rep releases. as well as the possibility of one from a episodes too. Though in a way i would say this might have been a good idea done a bit hastily, as I can see alot of players getting frustrated, and turned off by this change, even though the fact you can sot any combo of kits from your career is a nice addition.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I want to know where my old kits went to I had grenade satchel and other kits like engineering and science and now those are all gone. as I don't like the new kits I used the old one's now they are all gone
    edited October 2016
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I want to know where my old kits went to I had grenade satchel and other kits like engineering and science and now those are all gone. as I don't like the new kits I used the old one's now they are all gone

There is a bit of a glitch I think, or something like it, which causes it to not show up. I found as others that if you log out fully from sto from a character with this happening it would clear it. An the kit as well as the module in that kit are placed in your inventory. Thouogh this would need to be done from each character for the fact of the kit an modules not showing up to register.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

There is a bit of a glitch I think, or something like it, which causes it to not show up. I found as others that if you log out fully from sto from a character with this happening it would clear it. An the kit as well as the module in that kit are placed in your inventory. Thouogh this would need to be done from each character for the fact of the kit an modules not showing up to register.

tried it but it is not working

tried it but it is not working

Hmm not sure than, might be able to try changing instances several times, or even force a file check at the launcher. Though it might also just be something more indepth than most re having happen, and so I would send in a ticket and report it. Sorry to hear you are having so much issue, and hope it clears up for you. I will look into what more I can find an figure out, but also look into you dil reclaim tab for mission special event modules too.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    The Kit I had equipped before this change did not unequip but was bugged in that you could tell something was there as it showed the five 'teeth' but otherwise was blank. Right clicking on it only showed 'Cancel' and 'Info'. 'Info' showed nothing. You could not unequip it or equip another Frame. You could not load Modules.

I was in Space for the Update. I went from Beta to the Alpha Quadrant. No change. Then I went back to Starfleet Academy and all was fixed.

Similar problems with newer Fleet Frames on Tribble. This kind of stuff was mentioned during testing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns