test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox - Specialization ability "Rock and Roll" occasionally doesn't work

loutheloulouthelou Member Posts: 63 Arc User
I've been using the pilot ability Rock and Roll to mitigate the absorb and pulse damage that the Crystalline Entity does. I've got the timing down, but occasionally, it won't actually cast. I press the button, the cooldown triggers, but my ship just sits there and gets hit.

Again, I have the timing down. When I started doing this, I was using it too late (trying to use it just as the meter filled), not accounting for whatever the server is doing that causes these things to not sync up properly. Now, I use it well before the meter fills, but not so early as to miss the pulse. But again, on occasion, it just doesn't work. I just had it fail for the umpteenth time (actually got me killed this time), and though I'd bring it to your attention.

Comments

• Options
    dolzaurdolzaur Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    if you pop another animated skill, like attack patterns, teams, etc (including skills set to auto), move L/R stick to retarget, or hit A to fire weapons during the roll. It can clip the animation and cancel the skill. Tested it in 1v1 arena last night and I've done it right as i hit r&r and went straight to cooldown as well as mid roll (go from an angle or upside down, directly to normal positioning) with no immunity or passive after effects.....basically, you can't do or touch anything from activation, to end of animation. Also seems more likely to fail when using from radial menu than when set as default left bumper skill.

definately bugged.