test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon lvl 20 promotion

I am posting a link because this person's situation seems to match my own situation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/56ogdf/problems_with_klingon_promotion/
I have the quest for my promotion and free ship but he only talks about the next quest to defend the base the federation is trying to take over. When I have the promotion quest as primary it says to talk to him but when I land it shows I have no primary quest. I am playing on PS4.
So is there a way around this?

Comments

• randalmarrs#3720 randalmarrs Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    So no answer I guess.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    try going to shipyard. you should have a token
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Having the same problem after a few days still no fix. Its telling me to speak to j'mpok at high council chambers when i get there he tells me to speak to the battle masters no T3 ship at lvl 24?
  • eric5014#7761 eric5014 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same issue here, can't talk to J'mpok about the promotion and no ship token either. I've read many people complain of this here and on Reddit. It seems the only "solution" is to either do the Temporal Ambassador mission from Tum'Era in First City to get the Tier 3 ship reward from that or just tough it out with your Tier 2 ship until you get the Tier 4 ship and skip Tier 3 completely.
  • stolium78stolium78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here no ship token wants me to pay delirium for my tier 3 ship from promotion. J'mpok won't talk to me and I'm Lvl 21
  • darthzero13darthzero13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here on Xbox one. Rank 21, can't talk to J'mpok... I also noticed I'm not getting anymore Exp from side quests either. This is BS. I was really enjoying playing with my Klingon character too.
  • westi#9257 westi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    On PS4 and also suffering the same problem.
  • d0nomegad0nomega Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Same problem on Xbox One -I am now level 28 and J'mpok still won't talk to me. I am hoping it'll let me pick up my level 30 ship...here's hoping I can play this game 10 minutes without running into a game breaking bug.
  • only7dragonsonly7dragons Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My friend playing on the XBox1 also ran into this issue yesterday (10/15/2016) and has been unable to resolve it despite multiple attempts talking to J'mpok and the Ship Requisition Officer. Clearly from the previous posts, it's a common bug for people.
    Apparently it is because it is tied to a quest that must be completed beforehand. Unfortunately, the quest can be skipped and is not offered again. Get to lvl 30 and it will resolve itself. You will get your lvl 20 ship when you get your lvl 30 ship.
    Apparently it is because it is tied to a quest that must be completed beforehand. Unfortunately, the quest can be skipped and is not offered again. Get to lvl 30 and it will resolve itself. You will get your lvl 20 ship when you get your lvl 30 ship.

Yes I can confirm that once you hit 30 you'll complete both your level 20 and level 30 missions.

• eric5014#7761 eric5014 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Spotted this in the test servers forums:

"Resolved an issue that was causing a block in finishing the mission Klingon [Promotion]: Commander.

Players who have already completed [Promotion]: Lieutenant Commander should automatically be able to progress in [Promotion]: Commander."

Hopefully this fix makes it to live soon.
  • idevilmaniidevilmani Member Posts: 12 Arc User

"Resolved an issue that was causing a block in finishing the mission Klingon [Promotion]: Commander.

Players who have already completed [Promotion]: Lieutenant Commander should automatically be able to progress in [Promotion]: Commander."

They are having maintenance tomorrow, so hopefully that will be apart of it.
    idevilmani wrote: »

They are having maintenance tomorrow, so hopefully that will be apart of it.

I believe its an ARC server maintenance, all of their games will be down. No sign of any patch notes though.

• holynepilimholynepilim Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm also having the same problem on both my KDF charaters.

Romulus Server
    Get to lvl 30 and it resolves itself.
  • sufakasufaka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok So i came across this issue today 1/2/2018 I submitted a ticket on the issue and was told to lvl up to lvl 30 to get my lvl 20 promotion.... What the hell this has been a known issue for more than 2 years. People pay to play this game buy new ships etc and they cant even be bothered to fix this problem. I have included the official response so yall can see how dedicated perfect world is to user gameplay.
    Response By Email (Iora) (01/04/2018 10:10 AM)
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

I see that you're having issues with a promotion mission since you're unable to talk to Chancellor J'mpok to be recognized. It is a known bug and most players had experienced this.

Regretfully, we don’t have a resolution for the issue at this time, however we’re always trying to improve the gameplay experience for all of our games and we appreciate the time you took to notify us of your concern. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible; however some issues require development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master.

On the other hand, we do have a temporary workaround for this bug. What you can do is to level up by taking other missions until you reach level 30. In that way, you should be able to complete and receive the new ship both for level 20 and 30.

Thanks again for reaching out to us. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have other concerns.

Regards,
    Iora
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    **(deleted link here)**

Im sorry but playing another 10 lvls on a t1 ship is not a workaround its a rip off. everyone who plays Star trek online should be offended At this suggestion. You have had years to fix it.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Yes, its an issue with XP weekends, the truth is that Romulan and Klingon promotions are tied to specific missions, so, when you level too fast, the char gets stuck in a way with that mission, to unlock your promotion, you must level..

Or you can use the many ships that where given away for your level 20 char in the c-store, of course, if you have been around from some time..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sufakasufaka Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just finished spin the wheel. That shouldnt be to far ahead. The part i am upset with is that all i have done is play the story. If i have to get to lvl 30 to get my lvl 20 promotion thats a serious flaw. Im ot willing to lay down on this. If it has been a known issue for years then we all need to stand and demand a fix.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    > @sufaka said:
    > I just finished spin the wheel. That shouldnt be to far ahead. The part i am upset with is that all i have done is play the story. If i have to get to lvl 30 to get my lvl 20 promotion thats a serious flaw. Im ot willing to lay down on this. If it has been a known issue for years then we all need to stand and demand a fix.

I'm with you on that, as i said, it's an unintended byproduct of the XP weekends, as federation chars are not tied to specific missions for leveling, they are not affected, but Klingon and Romulans are, to fix that, they would have to rewrite some scripts and missions, too much hassle for a problem that only hits you on XP weekends, but i have suffered it before, so i get it..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!