test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox one cannot link arc accounts

gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
I tried to link my arc account several times. I press Y to open the linking dialog in the xboxs browser, log in to arc, press the big giant "link account" button, and get "invalid error try again" every time.
Belief manifests reality

Comments

• xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    saw that. talked to live support(gasp! yes they exist!) and they said they're already aware of it.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    saw that. talked to live support(gasp! yes they exist!) and they said they're already aware of it.

Good to learn I am not the only one. I'll just try again next week.
    Belief manifests reality
  • agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    Same here. But from what I'm told, linking doesn't really net you anything, your C/Z store unlocks don't follow you, is what I'm hearing, so what's the point? I mean if I can't make a joined trill or benefit from my veterans rewards.

I've been in sto since beta, heck before beta, and I have alot of grandfathered account unlocks, and other earned stuff I would like to benefit from, especially since I never had a chance to benefit from it the first time (IE, the lower level stuff I earned or unlocked after I had out leveled it.) So I would love to create a new character and see how far my schwag list can carry me, I mean it's ALOT of stuff, so it should be able to a fair while.

I'm a bit reluctant to believe what the reddit users are saying that linking carry's nothing over, because then WHY do it to begin with?
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Same here. But from what I'm told, linking doesn't really net you anything, your C/Z store unlocks don't follow you, is what I'm hearing, so what's the point? I mean if I can't make a joined trill or benefit from my veterans rewards.

I've been in sto since beta, heck before beta, and I have alot of grandfathered account unlocks, and other earned stuff I would like to benefit from, especially since I never had a chance to benefit from it the first time (IE, the lower level stuff I earned or unlocked after I had out leveled it.) So I would love to create a new character and see how far my schwag list can carry me, I mean it's ALOT of stuff, so it should be able to a fair while.

I'm a bit reluctant to believe what the reddit users are saying that linking carry's nothing over, because then WHY do it to begin with?

Cause if you link to arc in the first month it unlocks the khan outfit or the wrath of khan outfit. I'm not sure, it was on a blog about console exclusives.
    Belief manifests reality
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Dido with PS4. Seems like it's going to work, then stuck at the page with link button.
  • allandor99allandor99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    edit: sry, seems like quotes don't work for me, well quoting manually:
    "I've been in sto since beta, heck before beta, and I have alot of grandfathered account unlocks, and other earned stuff I would like to benefit from, especially since I never had a chance to benefit from it the first time "

Well I've paid for the livetime account as the game was in beta stage :) ... well ... I hope that some of those benefits get over to the xbox version ... like all my bought ships etc

Btw, also can't link the accounts. Already did that with Neverwinter but it seems that STO on my xbox doesn't recognize the link.
    ... why the heck is there an option to unlink the accounts, if then a messages pops up that I should contact support for this action... why the button???
  • dcounter69dcounter69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    ive got the same problem.

game asks me to link. i try the link via pressing Y to goto the browser, login and it tells me its already linked to another gamertag... well duh. thats why im logging in and not regstering!!

if i try in firefox on my pc it doesnt even recognise the webpage.

i hate not getting free stuff.
    if i skip linking, can i link at another time?
  • dysonsfeardysonsfear Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The Khan stuff is unlocking even without linking. I just found it in my inventory.
  • shaggysmurfshaggysmurf Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2016
    [quote="dcounter69;13053412"]ive got the same problem.

game asks me to link. i try the link via pressing Y to goto the browser, login and it tells me its already linked to another gamertag... well duh. thats why im logging in and not regstering!!

if i try in firefox on my pc it doesnt even recognise the webpage.

i hate not getting free stuff.
    if i skip linking, can i link at another time?
    [/quote]

Any idea on how to fix the "already linked to another Gamertag" conflict?
  • questwandererquestwanderer Member Posts: 1 New User
    any updates? have any of you been able to link?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    it worked perfectly for me.