test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - OCTOBER 6, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.66.20160925a.4

K-13 Fleet Holding:
  • Added cost over-rides for the tech manuals to include dilithium and Fleet credits.
    • T1: 1000 Fleet credits, 2500 Dilithium
    • T2: 2500 Fleet Credits, 5000 Dilithium
    • T3: 5000 Fleet Credits, 7500 Dilithium
  • Resolved a number of typos.
  • Added more icons throughout the system.
  • Contact window backgrounds have been added to NPCs.

General:
  • Resolved an issue where Kit Items were not converting correctly due to the Kit Revamp.
  • Added recharge times to powers in item tooltips.

Comments

• Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    "Cost Over-Rides"? Can you elaborate this? I dont understand.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    Was the Foundry on Tribble unlocked this time. It was in last week's patch notes but didn't get unlocked.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    "Cost Over-Rides"? Can you elaborate this? I dont understand.

It means we fixed the cost so that that is now the cost, which is what was intended.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Was the Foundry on Tribble unlocked this time. It was in last week's patch notes but didn't get unlocked.

+1.

I'd really like to test how the lighting upgrades affect foundry.
  • Options
    primar13 wrote: »

+1.

It was.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »

+1.

It was.

Its up, Functional and God Damned AWESOME!
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Welp, congratulations. Tribble held without crashing this time right until I tried to enable Lighting 2.0.

And before someone asks, GeForce GTX 1080, 8 gigs of dedicated video memory, 32 gigs RAM, i7-6950X at 3 GHz.

So well within specs to try the new lighting.
  • Options
    gravelynwolfgravelynwolf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    Welp, congratulations. Tribble held without crashing this time right until I tried to enable Lighting 2.0.

And before someone asks, GeForce GTX 1080, 8 gigs of dedicated video memory, 32 gigs RAM, i7-6950X at 3 GHz.

how come your fancy graphic card has issues with 2.0 when my little intrigrated r5 with an r7 descrite laptop can run it with no issues?
  • Options
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.66.20160925a.4

K-13 Fleet Holding:
    • Added cost over-rides for the tech manuals to include dilithium and Fleet credits.
      • T1: 1000 Fleet credits, 2500 Dilithium
      • T2: 2500 Fleet Credits, 5000 Dilithium
      • T3: 5000 Fleet Credits, 7500 Dilithium
    • Resolved a number of typos.
    • Added more icons throughout the system.
    • Contact window backgrounds have been added to NPCs.

General:
    • Resolved an issue where Kit Items were not converting correctly due to the Kit Revamp.
    • Added recharge times to powers in item tooltips.

once i get in tribble ill have to see last time i went to k13 i dident see any tech manuals when i selected it tbh
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User

how come your fancy graphic card has issues with 2.0 when my little intrigrated r5 with an r7 descrite laptop can run it with no issues?

No idea. I even tried to force it to use DX11 instead of leaving it on automatic. No change. Moment I clicked Graphics 2.0, it went right to desktop.
  • Options

No idea. I even tried to force it to use DX11 instead of leaving it on automatic. No change. Moment I clicked Graphics 2.0, it went right to desktop.

instresting dident have that issue and i just poped in to tribble to see if there where any training manuals in k13(there still wasent any qq) was also on holodeck at the same time
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    What kind of Training Manuals are we talking about here? Ones like you get from your normal Training Vendor for EC but for some reason of not being consistent has a cost in Fleet Credits and Dilithium instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I think it might be nvidia Pascal cards.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    It's DX12 cards in general from what I understand. The original build notes called out that anything except DX11 cards were going to be fixed after they got everything working, which I kinda figured would have been done by this point but I guess not.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    What kind of Training Manuals are we talking about here? Ones like you get from your normal Training Vendor for EC but for some reason of not being consistent has a cost in Fleet Credits and Dilithium instead.

These are the new TOS Training Manuals only available via K-13.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

Are these the same as the Bound to Character ones that AoY characters could acquire from ESD 23c before they reached "Battle of Caleb"?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User

Are these the same as the Bound to Character ones that AoY characters could acquire from ESD 23c before they reached "Battle of Caleb"?

Yes, and no. Yes they include those you could get on 23c ESD, and no as they also include new Rank II and Rank III (Lt and Lt C) versions.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I know they are new Training Manuals. The main point being they are not being sold in a manner consistent with ALL other Training Manuals that can be purchased (Featured Episode and LockBox excluded).

Just because a new Dilitium sink is being created does not mean that everything there needs to have a Dilitium cost (see Embassy Commodities).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

i checked it out on my normal fed toon i dident see any unless you need a aoy toon to see them
  • Options

i checked it out on my normal fed toon i dident see any unless you need a aoy toon to see them

Does your Tribble Fleet have any ranks in the TOS Holding? If not, theres the problem. If so, try getting the tier higher.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    pmsakaaripmsakaari Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    As I said before once you finish the 23rd century story arc, and try to do welcome to earth spacedock Lt Laurel is broken which stops any new character from progressing
  • Options
    pmsakaari wrote: »
    As I said before once you finish the 23rd century story arc, and try to do welcome to earth spacedock Lt Laurel is broken which stops any new character from progressing

Lt Laurel is the ship vendor yes? Does she work on Non-TOS Characters? How exactly is she broken? (E.g. Does her dialogue pop up and the mission not advance? Or does she not work as a contact (AKA can't talk to her)?)

• Options

Does your Tribble Fleet have any ranks in the TOS Holding? If not, theres the problem. If so, try getting the tier higher.

tribble test fleet is what im in everything is maxed can see all the other stuff just not the training manuals wont even load it and show how many are avaiable
  • Options

tribble test fleet is what im in everything is maxed can see all the other stuff just not the training manuals wont even load it and show how many are avaiable

That's odd. I find it difficult to believe that just changing the price on them would cause them to vanish from the store, as I distinctly remember them being there in all their overpriced glory (still not 22c MACO or WoK-Era Uniform Overpriced) on my normal 25c Fed.

• Options
    pmsakaaripmsakaari Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    when you talk to Lt Laurel you don't get credit for that part of welcome to spacedock and as such don't the get next leg to go to Adm Quinn without completing this no one with a new 23rd C character can go any further
  • Options

That's odd. I find it difficult to believe that just changing the price on them would cause them to vanish from the store, as I distinctly remember them being there in all their overpriced glory (still not 22c MACO or WoK-Era Uniform Overpriced) on my normal 25c Fed.

atleast on my end they havent been appearing could it be that im on a laptop? doubtful however possable but to cause the entire training manual tab to not load whereabouts the other ones do just fine is strange very strange indeed
  • Options
    pmsakaari wrote: »
    when you talk to Lt Laurel you don't get credit for that part of welcome to spacedock and as such don't the get next leg to go to Adm Quinn without completing this no one with a new 23rd C character can go any further

Ah, hopefully it's either fixed, or just a Tribble-Only bug, but you are technically wrong on the can't go further front.

Much like an unaligned Romulan, you have a few (about 4) missions you can repeat endlessly and once you hit level 11, DOffs. I have a level 50+ Romulan who is neither Starfleet or KDF aligned, so it is possible.

• Options

atleast on my end they havent been appearing could it be that im on a laptop? doubtful however possable but to cause the entire training manual tab to not load whereabouts the other ones do just fine is strange very strange indeed

How weird. Not only does the Manuals tab have no contents, but both the Space Equipment AND Personnel vendors on K-13 are both having the same exact store (space TOS stuff, ground TOS stuff, and the blank TOS manuals tab).

• Options

How weird. Not only does the Manuals tab have no contents, but both the Space Equipment AND Personnel vendors on K-13 are both having the same exact store (space TOS stuff, ground TOS stuff, and the blank TOS manuals tab).

very strange indeed however hopefuly they will see this and fire off a new patch to fix it
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    No problems for me with Lighting 2.0 on TRIBBLE (I even clicked back and forth between the two options just to see if I could get it to crash), though I assume that there is still a lot of work to be done on individual places.

SF Academy has a lot of places where the lighting is just washing all the color out of the floors and walls; the fountains look like they are frozen over and the water in the pools looks like sanded blocks of Lucite.

Also, at ESD the Transporter pad lights are waaaay too bright, one needs to wear sunglasses just to walk on the platform.

That goes for Admiral Quinn' office as well, every NPC in that area is going to go blind from the glare of the sun.
    Perhaps a bit of polarization of the windows is in order?

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif