test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff system is amazing.

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
After many years playing STO I still have to marvel at how fun the DoFF system is, it really gives a feel of giving tasks to your crew sometimes, and earns nice little rewards over time without much effort on the players part, just a few minutes setup.

Admiralty is also a pretty neat system, but more limited because of the expense of owning many ships compared to the availability of DoFF cards.

I would rate the DoFF system 9/10 and the Admiralty system 7.5/10

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Comments

• Options
    mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    i also enjoy Doff and Admirality, thats main reason why i still playing, tho i would rate

Doffing 10/10, Admirality 10/10
    i hope we will get more content admirality-doff related :)
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    The Doff system USED to be amazing, until the repeated HP nerfs, the UI debacle, and various mission bugs that are left unattended. I feel like that it didnt sell DoFF packs like they wished, so it's been left to die on the vine.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    The Doff system USED to be amazing, until the repeated HP nerfs, the UI debacle, and various mission bugs that are left unattended. I feel like that it didnt sell DoFF packs like they wished, so it's been left to die on the vine.

I dont mind the XP nerf to doffing and I don't see a problem with the UI, I just wish they'd do a lot more with it.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    DOFFing needs to be updated. I'd like to see the amount of time needed to run 24 missions reduced. I would be ok with more 20 hour missions with decent rewards that don't require traveling all over the map.
  • Options
    indyshark wrote: »
    DOFFing needs to be updated. I'd like to see the amount of time needed to run 24 missions reduced. I would be ok with more 20 hour missions with decent rewards that don't require traveling all over the map.

The amount of time missions take to run is fine, but it would be nice to be able to run more than 20 at once.

Being required to travel for the different DoFF missions is what makes it unique, if anything there should be more location specific DoFF missions with unique rewards making it worth travelling there.

• Options
    gradii wrote: »
    indyshark wrote: »

The amount of time missions take to run is fine, but it would be nice to be able to run more than 20 at once.

Being required to travel for the different DoFF missions is what makes it unique, if anything there should be more location specific DoFF missions with unique rewards making it worth travelling there.

its posibble 23 tho sometimes 26, even got 27, temporal and mirror incursion going outside that number
    tho those 3 aditional are from fleet embassy, while those more of 23 i have no idea how they get generated and why, tho it happens only sometimes, i guess it has something with those doffs who get in sickbay.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The Doff system is pretty good... unless you are a Romulan. The Romulan Boff recruiting missions has basically disappeared from the game. The last time I recall seeing one of those missions was either the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015. The only way to get Romulan Boffs now is when they are offered to you while ranking up. Or by going to the Exchange where those Boffs sometimes end up.

Otherwise, the Doff system has basically stagnated. There are no new types of Doff missions. The Delta Quadrant doesn't have any unique Doff mission specific to that quadrant as far as I know. Yeah, it's a good way to earn XP on the side, as well as dilitihum (especially for KDF) and some EC as well from doing some of the "experimental gear" engineering mission. But no new Doff missions have been added for a change of pace.
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    The Doff system is pretty good... unless you are a Romulan. The Romulan Boff recruiting missions has basically disappeared from the game. The last time I recall seeing one of those missions was either the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015. The only way to get Romulan Boffs now is when they are offered to you while ranking up. Or by going to the Exchange where those Boffs sometimes end up.

Otherwise, the Doff system has basically stagnated. There are no new types of Doff missions. The Delta Quadrant doesn't have any unique Doff mission specific to that quadrant as far as I know. Yeah, it's a good way to earn XP on the side, as well as dilitihum (especially for KDF) and some EC as well from doing some of the "experimental gear" engineering mission. But no new Doff missions have been added for a change of pace.

Last significant addition to the DoFF system seems to have been with the sphere doffing, they really should add unique DoFF assignments to the Delta Quadrant, as well as the badlands battlezone (you can actually pick up small amounts of undine marks through special undine zone doff missions).

It's clear the DoFF system hasn't been ENTIRELY abandoned as lockboxes still reward DoFF packs, it's still used in crafting and theres been the mirror universe assignments in the last season, but I wish they'd give it more attention.

• Options
    i saw several unique doff assignments in Delta, help Turei to map network of underspace, something similiar, tho yes its quite rare and there isn't lot of them tho :/
  • Options
    i saw several unique doff assignments in Delta, help Turei to map network of underspace, something similiar, tho yes its quite rare and there isn't lot of them tho :/

I wonder if they were intended to be more common but someone messed up with the numbers behind the frequency of its appearance.

• Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I like the doffin' system but it would be nice if the grindin' to get to Rank 4 was slightly Easier.. lol
    You have to get lucky in getting a 1k 20 hour mission and etc.
    I guess that's why they created the Temporal Recruit Rewards so people will be usin' the Doff System to get Doffs. At least it isn't all 11 you have to get to Rank 4 that would be annoying.

I love the Admiralty System it is a great supplement to the game.
    Though they had to nerf the Doff System to make the Admiralty System more viable.

I rate both systems over 11/10. Mostly because the Admiralty's Tour of Duties are really nice and the repeatable missions after completin' a Assignment Chain is awesome.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    lighte007 wrote: »
    I like the doffin' system but it would be nice if the grindin' to get to Rank 4 was slightly Easier.. lol
    You have to get lucky in getting a 1k 20 hour mission and etc.
    I guess that's why they created the Temporal Recruit Rewards so people will be usin' the Doff System to get Doffs. At least it isn't all 11 you have to get to Rank 4 that would be annoying.

I love the Admiralty System it is a great supplement to the game.
    Though they had to nerf the Doff System to make the Admiralty System more viable.

I rate both systems over 11/10. Mostly because the Admiralty's Tour of Duties are really nice and the repeatable missions after completin' a Assignment Chain is awesome.

i wouldn't tell thats slow, some categories can be maxed to t4 in matter of weeks like espionage, military, science, development and medical. While recruitment, diplomacy need months, while Colonial it depends how often we doing colonial clusters.

Tho you can max them all in several of days, not sure for diplomacy, if you have nice doffs and lot of Mirror/Temporal assignments. As they giving nice amount of specifc CXP on critical.
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I think the rarity of Delta Quadrant assignments is related to the complete charlie foxtrot that the walls coming down inflicted on doffing. IF you're in the right spot traveling between sectors, you can get nearly a full slate of unique missions. Otherwise, it's just the same generic "scan this" and "asylum there" stuff available anywhere else. I feel like the spawning improved somewhat a patch or two back, but it's nowhere near as easy as it used to be to find region-specific missions.

Undine Battleground assignments give very good commendation points for the time and difficulty level and never go anywhere. Very good for science, military, and espionage commendations if I remember right, with good assignments in a couple other categories, as well.
  • Options
    I like the Clusters since they can give you Espionage/Military/Engineering and Colonial and sometimes a very small amount of recruitment. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

Hmmm.... I have to take a closer look then. I currently have 4 captains going through the Delta story arc. Maybe I didn't notice them in the past since I was kinda rushing through it on my older captains.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Doff and Admiralty. When you stop to think about it, you are nothing more than a Doff to those giving you the missions.

As far as where to go for it. Just park at your factions home area or right in the gate to Solanae. Solanae is where I parked my AoY char, and without bothering to change from the beginning doffs you get. All of my Commendations are R2, with 2 being R3.

Solanae is usually good for Science, Military, Espionage, Exploration, Colonial, Trade and Development. Then add the standard personal ones to this and Department heads. There isn't a need to go anywhere else. Which is good, My AoY char is on the last bit of Rep, so until I have all the rewards, it will be parked there.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Not only that, but Romulans get TRIBBLE on personal buff missions...they get like a handful. I know Bort said he looked into it and said its fine but it's not. It never HAS been.

Also I would add some of the best Doffing sectors are the Cardie sectors (confusingly referred to as the Alpha Quadrant). Those sectors have all the add exchanges as well as other random and fun missions.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    kojekoje Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    For those of you that really enjoy doff missions would anyone mind sharing a list of what your favorite / most fun / most rewarding missions are? What missions are you looking for when you log in each day? What are the locations you are traveling to for good missions? Any general tips to get the most from the system?

Assignment Chains? Fleet missions? Colonial Clusters? Academy? Boff recruitment?

Also any tips for getting to rank 4 diplomacy quicker? I feel like Marauding is so much easier / faster plus gives tons of rewards and prisoners. All the diplo missions I see are like 50-60 XP each.

Thank you for any advice!
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I actually like the Admiralty System a bit better. The thing about the Doff system is that it seems so complicated and confusing. Now admittedly I have only really dove into in a few times and that was just to get my Diplomacy/Marauding to max level on a few characters. All the other stuff I don't really understand like what missions are worth taking, what makes a good duty officer, where to get good duty officers, and ect.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    koje wrote: »
    For those of you that really enjoy doff missions would anyone mind sharing a list of what your favorite / most fun / most rewarding missions are? What missions are you looking for when you log in each day? What are the locations you are traveling to for good missions? Any general tips to get the most from the system?

Assignment Chains? Fleet missions? Colonial Clusters? Academy? Boff recruitment?

Also any tips for getting to rank 4 diplomacy quicker? I feel like Marauding is so much easier / faster plus gives tons of rewards and prisoners. All the diplo missions I see are like 50-60 XP each.

Thank you for any advice!

I don't really enjoy doing it persay, but I enjoy the rewards.
    I don't travel anywhere other the ESD Space/Sector space just outside ESD, and on the occasional new toon like my AoY, I just park her in the undine space battlezone. (Some great XP + Marks assignments there)

In regards to the best assignments, I'd imagine everyone has different preferences but I always do the following;
    Any Scanning/Analyzing etc... for R&D materials
    Contraband (Even though I play Fed)
    Colony (Set up a colony with colonist) = +500dil on success
    Recruit Colonists (keep the colonists restocked for ^)
    Boff Recruitments = +Recruitment XP
    General Doff recruitment at the Academy (when I feel like it - Or when a new toon needs some Doff backups)
    Request R&D aid at the Academy even though it costs 1000 or 2000 dil to run, you can get some good stuff from it.

The issue I'm having with Doff/Admiralty is that it takes up most of my playtime to cycle through 6 toons.
    Its at least 45mins -1hr a day, and I only have about 1.5 - 2 hrs a day to play.
    I wish they'd allow auto set up for admiralty. But then again, you're rewarded a lot more for cherry picking certain assignments. But on toons I don't really care about, it would be nice, and save me about 10-15mins a toon.

That's my only complaint about it I guess, and its not even a real complaint, though I find it does kill my playing time these days.

But even still I enjoy the rewards, so I'd give it a 9/10 just for the fact it can net you some nice materials, dil and EC.
    But I am getting a little sick of clicking buttons for about an hour a night.
    I suppose I could "not do it" or do it every second day. But I hate leaving good profits on the table. So I've made it a habit to do doff/admiralty right away, and as fast as possible. Problem is after 6 toons, it really wears down my desire to actually play the game. Most nights these days I set up my doff/admiralty and just log out.

But yeah in general they're pretty great and quite lucrative.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I too am a Doffing aficionado. I don't mind the border crawling but I am still irritated at the nerf to the 12 hour missions - including the ones in the dyson sphere. I have not run a single 12 hour mission since that was done.

I do not want to see a full doffing revamp as it will be further nerfing. I would like to see new missions and chains added with major new content. Just a couple little treats for us pretty pretty please just 2 or 3 times a year.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    I too am a Doffing aficionado. I don't mind the border crawling but I am still irritated at the nerf to the 12 hour missions - including the ones in the dyson sphere. I have not run a single 12 hour mission since that was done.

I do not want to see a full doffing revamp as it will be further nerfing. I would like to see new missions and chains added with major new content. Just a couple little treats for us pretty pretty please just 2 or 3 times a year.

Not only that, they needlessly hypernerfed the "Perform Hamlet" play thing. That requires 20 doffs and is like a week long but pays less than a single instance of "Entertain Foreign Dignitaries". *smh*

Doffing needs a Quality, QoL and balance pass. Again. It could also use new missions for the DQ, as earlier pointed out.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    doff system could use a quality of life improvement... hate having to fly by a location inside one sector block for missions... just go over it and wham all gone need to hit reverse and go further back to get it again... wish you can list ALL missions available in the Quad your in. No need to fly or search around or change instance maps... uncommon, rare & very rare should only effect the duration of the cool down.

in other words... the 1st time you open up doff screen... you see all possible missions regardless of quality. as you complete missions... the quality only effects the duration of the cool down before the mission is listed again.
  • Options
    leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,348 Arc User
    I'd like my Boff's to handle my Doffing automatically so I can assign Admiralty stuff. After all, that's what Boffs are supposed to do :smile:
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • Options
    They did a QoL for the Admiralty System aka Tour of Duties showin' up more often than not. The Doff System is still going on when the wall was still around.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    DOFFING is as thrilling as watching a bowl of rice. Only thing remotely fun is collecting the cards and create, for example, Tellarite or Vulcan only crews. But the missions itself, clicking a button and wait for a timer. Yawn.

I like to play the game, not get simulated content in which I pretend some non existant crew does the stuff I'd like to do myself. Admiralty is copy paste so the same applies.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    But everything in this game has timers...
    At least they aren't as bad as another game, before the latest paid expansion... haha, if anyone knows what I am talking about its pretty obvious which game. lol
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    At least they aren't as bad as another game, before the latest paid expansion... haha, if anyone knows what I am talking about its pretty obvious which game. lol

Ehhh... Actually no, I have no clue. What game are you talking about.

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    walligig wrote: »

Ehhh... Actually no, I have no clue. What game are you talking about.

Your avatar somewhat says otherwise.. lol