What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation MK XII gear refund

2»

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    considering the lobi store has a precedence for a 'turn in upgrade' system I think a 50% refund would be an interesting reputaion project. Not OP but a nice nod. The flip side of that argument tho is how to balance that/make it fair for people who do not have temporal agent characters from the event? You do not. So imo its best for Craptic to leave it as is, and for players to suck it up.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    No.

We earned the benefit of getting a free upgrade for future projects, but this was a gift from Cryptic for playing a game that we supposedly enjoy (or why are we here? Hate-playing?). We are not entitled to more, we have no "right" to more, we don't "deserve" more.

Even if Cryptic did this, the forums would still have whiners demanding they be refunded for all dil they spent upgrading their XII gear.

I wonder how many people are going to demand a refund on T6 ships when T7 ships are released. Or at least a discount on the T7 ships. It's not a question of "if", but "when". I would guess at the earliest would be fall 2017. Stocking up on popcorn now in anticipation of the hate train threads...

No need to wonder, people are guaranteed to demand that. People have demanded that every time a T6 version of an existing ship has been released.

It's useless and stupid of course, but when has that ever stopped anyone on the internet.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    just123me wrote: »
    Honestly Folks, i took us ages to complete our reputation gear and now with the mk XIII Ultra Rare unlock it's just ****. I have 5 space pieces and 3 ground pieces on four of my toons. Getting the upgraded gear means doing everything all over again which isn't going to happen. With K-13 "ante portas" we need tons of fleet marks and other resources again. I did the math for the required resources for four toons. In case of the Omega space and ground gear it would be a whopping 696000 Dilithium, 120 Borg Neural Processors, 24000 Omega Marks (consoles not included).
    Do us long-term players a favor and give us a turn-in console or npc where we can trade our old "worn" gear for at least 50% of its original cost.
    Feeling inferior without a real chance to do something about it drives people away from games. If you could do something like that it'd be a huge relief for many of us.

-beam me up Scotty-

So you spent a bunch of resources to get the new shiny and you're upset there is a shortcut now? Not the first time it happens in this game. Deal with it. On the flip side, I'm glad I only got ground gear on my accolade hunting toon for accolade purposes. Waiting has its benefits. >:)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Honestly Folks, i took us ages to complete our reputation gear and now with the mk XIII Ultra Rare unlock it's just ****. I have 5 space pieces and 3 ground pieces on four of my toons. Getting the upgraded gear means doing everything all over again which isn't going to happen. With K-13 "ante portas" we need tons of fleet marks and other resources again. I did the math for the required resources for four toons. In case of the Omega space and ground gear it would be a whopping 696000 Dilithium, 120 Borg Neural Processors, 24000 Omega Marks (consoles not included).
    Do us long-term players a favor and give us a turn-in console or npc where we can trade our old "worn" gear for at least 50% of its original cost.
    Feeling inferior without a real chance to do something about it drives people away from games. If you could do something like that it'd be a huge relief for many of us.

-beam me up Scotty-
    ^^^
    I assume this is your first MMO? I say that because 'new gear' that is better then/replaces 'previous gear' has been an MMO paradigm since the first MUDs and continued on into Ultima Online, EverQuest, and virtually every MMO since 1997. If it ruins the game to the point you no longer enjoy it. time to move on. (Which I've done on many MMOs after playing them for years.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    turn in project where you just input the item in question plus the differnce and get the upgraded product back?
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    The only one that might give you a noticeable boost would be a Warp Core and only if you're able to hold sub system power levels high enough to benefit from the AMP Mod.

First item I bought on my non-AoY alt characters was a warp core for that exact reason. The AMP Mod. Everything else will come in time. No hurry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I glance at the bank and see 15 million refined and 5000 marks of each type for all 7 characters. Maybe I'll get one or two things. If I've been good.

lol nice humblebrag.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This is silly. I cant believe these people are real.

Sheer nonsense.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    That's what the crafting system is for :smiley:
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    "Cracks wip"

Grind for those shineys, Grind

Hah, if only people realized how good STO players have it grindwise, the Grind is implemented far better here than in other games.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well I had some Mk X Rare and XI VR Reputation gear on one of my Characters. Then they got rid of that level stuff when they did the Reputation revamp where you could only get Mk XII. I bought the newer Mk XII to replace it. I kept the older stuff for a bit of time then one day I got rid of it.

Guess what, the next week Cryptic announced that the Item Upgrade System was upcoming. Well Que Sera Sera. No complaints.

Now that being said, we do have an Item Upgrade System now so the equipment can be upgraded without the cost of a bajillion or so Marks and some Elite Marks buying it all over again.

When I started my Temporal Recruit I specifically decided that NONE of my Characters would buy ANY Reputation Gear until after the Character unlocked the Mk XIII UR.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Oooh, can I get a free upgrade of my Mk X Omega gear?
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I really cannot ever understand why people post silly things like this. Mk XII VR, used competently, is more than adequate for every PvE mission and STF in the current game. Emphasis on used competently.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

-beam me up Scotty-
    Who said that you have to regrind anything? You already have all your gear. It has been possible to upgrade all of it to both UR and MK XIII for the last 2 years. Also you are just flat out wrong by saying you have no real chance to get better gear.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    I gave up long ago trying to max out everything on every ship. I've settled for one main flag ship vessel per character that gets everything possible boosted to mk xiv upgrades. All my other ships have mk xii vr , except for what I pass down if there's a change I want to make onboard the flag ship. I will probably make one set of stuff for each of these flag ships since it is essentially the same as what I am using and will be UR when I get done upgrading that.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    Oooh, can I get a free upgrade of my Mk X Omega gear?

Once upon a time you use to be able to. When they changed every over to just getting the Mk XII from reps. I know you can still go register it with Commander Roxy. But I think the free upgrade is long since gone.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    tenchivutenchivu Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    OP must have not playing any other mmo but sto lol. Otherwise, he would know sto was the easiest and most relaxing to get top gears. I dun think there is another mmo like sto out there. Imo, it's the most enjoyable mmo.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    tenchivu wrote: »
    OP must have not playing any other mmo but sto lol. Otherwise, he would know sto was the easiest and most relaxing to get top gears. I dun think there is another mmo like sto out there. Imo, it's the most enjoyable mmo.

Wow and the castle thingy. You don't even have to do anything. Just sign in and have you followers go gather basic top end gear for you. Even STO isn't that easy.
    Mm5NeXy.gif