test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway to Gre'thor .. once again

salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since most threads about this are rather old, and covering other bugs, here is a new? one that will really TRIBBLE your team off.

The Happy Console known as "[Console - Universal - Polymorphic Probe Array]" has three feature, 25% AP dmg, +20 Control expertise and being able to launch three Viral Probes. But as of now it has a fourth feature: TRIBBLE your Teams Final progression of Gateway to Gre'thor.

Q: How does it work?
A: just launch the probes in the final battle, as long as they stay on field, they'll count towards the Fleet, and the Mission won't Finish, letting the Opt Counter mercylessly count down to zero.

Q: Can i do even better?
A: Yes indeed, don't activate the console, for some strange reason you'll still summon 3 probes sometimes, which are far worse, as they don't have a counter at all and just stay there for eternity. Or to be short: Scerw you Teams effort over and have everyone forced to leave with a 1 hour timer for every Queue.

Q: Can i grieve with that?
A: Absolutely.. but don't even remotely think about that, or i'll cut your ***** off.

Q: What to do now?
A: First step, get a Lamb. Second Step, draw a circle. Thrid Step, sacrifice the Lamb. Final Step, hope for any Cryptic Dev to get summoned and finally read the Bug Reports, or even better, this slightly sarcastic (and yet sad) Topic and take action.

But all sarcasm and jokes aside, better be safe and don't bring that Console to the Mission until this got fixed, you'll do yourself and your team a favor.

PS: On very rare occasions this can also happen with the Probes the Herald Iaidon Dread launches, so in general Viral Probes seem to cause a issue with the Logic behind the Mission.
GMoNbU.png
SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
Beta Tester
Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.

Comments

• Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    If memory serves the only way to get rid of these was to use a projected singularity - I used to keep one slotted on a shuttle so that it could be swapped in if required.
  • Options
    internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Interesting thing I've noticed lately, running GGA. The probe bug is still present, of course: if there's one on the field at the end, the mission doesn't seem to ever complete.

However, on one occasion, after not completing with the last enemy killed, it finally did after about 20 seconds. Interesting.

So the next time it failed to complete, I went looking for the probe. When I found it, I couldn't target it, but I could fly into it, whereby the mission completed and we all went on our merry way.
    Post edited by internetonsetadd on