test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck!

Ok, so I got my KDF officer to level 20, and got the mission to talk to J'mpok, I went to Qo'Nos, but he won't promote me! Any advice before I delete my Klingon?
I'm playing on Xbox One btw

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Did you accept the promotion mission?

• Options
    crashdownbsg#7928 crashdownbsg Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I did...it's in my mission list...I talk to J'mpok, and all he says is "Talk to the Battlemasters"
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    what was the last mission you completed? you need to accept the mission to be promoted. check your in progress and available missions... most likely you didnt accept the mission. also if you accept the mission right at Jmpok... you need to leave the room and then walk back in to trigger the event.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,551 Arc User
    Did you do House Always Wins yet? No ship for you until you do that and accept Test of Mettle.
  • Options
    It sets itself as primary if I have no other missions...it says go to the first city...I do, and after I beam down, there no prompts to see J'mpok
  • Options
    The last mission before that came up was with Kah'less...I was lvl 21 after
  • Options
    Almost lvl 26..still can't get my lvl 20 ship
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    you just walk up to Jmpok and it should trigger... you then talk to him and he goes and tells you to the space dock... it doesnt do anything else but clears the mission from your list. what is your rank in your description.

if the mission is cleared, shipyard vendor should register you have a ship token.
  • Options
    Tried that...all he says is to talk to the battlemasters..
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,551 Arc User
    If you go to ship and shuttle requisitions do you have a token?
  • Options
    Nope.. no token :(
  • Options
    Just a mission to get promoted....lol
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It sets itself as primary if I have no other missions...it says go to the first city...I do, and after I beam down, there no prompts to see J'mpok

If it doesn't say see J'mpok, what does it say?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    Have you tried talking to the Battlemasters? I mean, J'mpok keeps telling you to, so...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    Run back out into the main quad area and back into the Great Hall again, it should make a mission sound when you enter once it registers you've entered the Great Hall properly. This worked the last time I had this issue on PC.
  • Options
    When the quest is set to primary, in the top right it will say " Go to the First City" I beam down to Qo'Nos, then nothing...no writing in the corner, and no quest marker above J'mpoks head....but, in my captain menu, at the bottom, it shows the quest as active...I've spoke to every NPC in the city...still nothing!
    I'm about to delete my Klingon!
    I'm assuming, that when I hit lvl 30, I won't get a quest to be promoted if I already have one?!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    When the quest is set to primary, in the top right it will say " Go to the First City" I beam down to Qo'Nos, then nothing...no writing in the corner, and no quest marker above J'mpoks head....but, in my captain menu, at the bottom, it shows the quest as active...I've spoke to every NPC in the city...still nothing!
    I'm about to delete my Klingon!
    I'm assuming, that when I hit lvl 30, I won't get a quest to be promoted if I already have one?!
    You should still get the next "promotion" mission even if you didn't finish the last one. It's not the same mission.
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Not wishing to pour cold water, but that wasn't true for me. I didn't get around to completing my Level 40 promotion mission until after the character had reached Level 50, and the Level 50 mission only appeared when the Level 40 was done.

OP, I did have a similar-looking problem to what you had, when I talked to J'mpok he just told me to talk to J'mpok, but for me, beaming out of First City and then back in again fixed it. I assume you've tried that by now?

Look, if you still have the promotion mission on your "Missions in progress" list, what does it say underneath it? Does it say "Talk to J'mpok", or "Talk to" somebody else, or does it show as "complete" and you need to press "Hail KDF" on it, or what? According to STOWiki, the steps in that mission are: Go before the High Council (not sure what that means), Talk to Chancellor J'mpok, Talk to Bekk Strenn (in the Shipyard), Choose Starship from Store.

Post a screenshot of your "mission in progress" window if you like. Let's see if we can work this one out. N.B. Star Trek Online removes windows from screenshots if you let it take them itself. To get a screenshot of in-game windows, you need to change focus, like this:
    1. Press the Windows key to bring up the Start menu. That means the game is no longer the active window, you see, so the computer will now take screenshots according to normal Windows rules rather than STO's rules.
    2. Click on an empty area of the taskbar to get the Start Menu out of the way.
    3. Now press Print Screen and a screenshot, complete with windows and all, will be copied to the Clipboard and you can paste it into Paint or wherever and save it.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    maybe drop the mission? then when you go to available it should be there again
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Can't hail KDF...can't drop it either!
  • Options
    In orbit, it says "beam down to first city" I do...once there, the only quest marker I can see on the map is Worf...the tournament...which I've already done.. J'mpok says nothing about promotion!

Just hit lvl 27...will see if I can get a new ship at lvl 30.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Been thinking and i do recall the PC version having a similar issue with the promotion quests a while back, dont remember the work around was though , but it seems cryptic in their infinite incompetence has left an old bug in place for all you console gamers to enjoy.

• Options
    Thought as much....I'll see what happens at lvl 30....I have Zen I was saving for my Klingon too
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Maybe try posting this in the Bug Reports section and/or sending in a ticket, it sounds like something is definitely genuinely broken there.
  • Options
    Got to lvl 30.. promoted to captain, and I have a tier 3 and 4 ship token....and the Commander promotion quest is complete
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Got to lvl 30.. promoted to captain, and I have a tier 3 and 4 ship token....and the Commander promotion quest is complete

Qapla'!

Glad it worked out for you. Still might be a good idea to post about this in the bug forums if you haven't already. Both so they are made aware of the problem, and in case someone else has a similar issue, you're results might help them.
  • Options
    garthonsghostsgarthonsghosts Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am having the same problem same stuck mission. I hope it clears at lvl 30.
  • Options
    It cleared at 30...I got a tier 3 and 4 ship token too