test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Era on Xbox?

Just went to create a new toon, only to see TOS Starfleet as an option...as far as I was aware, TOS Starfleet is only on PC?
Or has it come to console?
When I select it, it glitches out, and runs through all races....

Comments

• wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    It's a bug, someone else came across it and posted on the forum as well.
  • crashdownbsg#7928 crashdownbsg Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Ah! I see...was getting all excited too!!
    Thanks for the replies ;)
  • stickystickstickystick Member Posts: 59 Arc User

That post holds no valuable information whatsoever. Stop posting it.

The devs needs to answer us. We want dates. The game on the Xbox One is pretty much like playing the beta version as it was on the PC over 6 years ago.

Then again, asking the devs for a reply of any kind would be like trying to watch your own hair grow from 1 inch to a foot long..
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    Agents of Yesterday will be implemented at least several months from now; the console version has some growing pains to get through before it gets a huge update like that.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,502 Arc User

The devs needs to answer us. We want dates. The game on the Xbox One is pretty much like playing the beta version as it was on the PC over 6 years ago.

Then again, asking the devs for a reply of any kind would be like trying to watch your own hair grow from 1 inch to a foot long..

Ahh Dude, that post Dave posted does contain information. It says about the launch of Star Trek Online on the console, and that there are several features coming soon, which includes AoY.

Just because it doesn't give specific dates, doesn't mean it is not useful. When the devs are happy and ready to launch AoY on console, you will hear about it.

Have some patience.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • stickystickstickystick Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

Ahh Dude, that post Dave posted does contain information. It says about the launch of Star Trek Online on the console, and that there are several features coming soon, which includes AoY.

Just because it doesn't give specific dates, doesn't mean it is not useful. When the devs are happy and ready to launch AoY on console, you will hear about it.

Have some patience.

No. It holds absolutely zero valuable information.

The launch information about STO on the consoles is irrelevant at this point, as that post has been available for some time.

What people want right now, are specifics i.e Patch dates etc.

I am a very patient person. Asking questions, wanting answers, which to be honest, the developers should be able to provide, has nothing to do with being impatient. People are curious, whilst the developers are ignoring anyone with valid questions and concerns.
  • pobatti#7150 pobatti Member Posts: 43 Arc User

Have some patience.

The launch information about STO on the consoles is irrelevant at this point, as that post has been available for some time.

I am a very patient person. Asking questions, wanting answers, which to be honest, the developers should be able to provide, has nothing to do with being impatient. People are curious, whilst the developers are ignoring anyone with valid questions and concerns.

Then nobody can provide that info since we haven't yet been told.

That's for any future update; the TOS chapter is far from the biggest priority right now. The game's missing numerous crucial systems. Things like the DOffs for example are essential and are severely holding back the game. A new chapter is a new chapter, a thing lots of people may play once and forget. It's coming, but we don't even know how long it will take to get the base game up to scratch first.
  • xceptopecxceptopec Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    To be honest a little bone would be good right now, as a former PC player I'm finding the lack of content for the Xbone a bit annoying. I'm already lvl 57 and halfway through Iconian War, because of the lack of anything else to do. I'd settle for having R&D and/or DOFFs at the moment (at least DOFFs brings diplomatic missions in).

I have no problem being a whole update/expansion behind the PC, it works well with Neverwinter, but R&D and DOFFs have been in existence in years.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    xceptopec wrote: »
    To be honest a little bone would be good right now, as a former PC player I'm finding the lack of content for the Xbone a bit annoying. I'm already lvl 57 and halfway through Iconian War, because of the lack of anything else to do. I'd settle for having R&D and/or DOFFs at the moment (at least DOFFs brings diplomatic missions in).

I have no problem being a whole update/expansion behind the PC, it works well with Neverwinter, but R&D and DOFFs have been in existence in years.

I figure since Doffing and Crafting go hand in hand, they'll probably release an update with this together. However, you have to remember that it'll take longer to get certain updates out due to the need to have the console companies certify each update before it goes live to the game. This could take a few weeks.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

Have some patience.

No. It contains quite a bit of valuable information.

and you obviously aren't as patient as you claim, considering you keep asking the same thing over and over. 'People' don't want squat. The only one complaining is you. You speak for nobody but yourself and you're not going to get the information you want, nor should you. Especially considering how ignorant you've been in this thread
  • d0nomegad0nomega Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Yes, sadly us console players will have to wait for those 6-7 TOS missions that take 30 minutes and its over :tongue:
  • orthodoxaorthodoxa Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    d0nomega wrote: »
    Yes, sadly us console players will have to wait for those 6-7 TOS missions that take 30 minutes and its over :tongue:

Some of us fans of TOS also want the TOS animations for teleporter, communicator, tricorder, etc.

I also want to be able to purchase the TOS ships that came with AoY on the PC. I don't like the squashed look of TNG and beyond.

It is simply a matter of preference for many people. I was a toddler when I first watched TOS, and so naturally it carries much more emotional resonance for me than any of the later spin-offs. I can completely understand if someone else is a die-hard fan of one of the spin-offs that the TOS material doesn't appeal to them, but obviously some folks like TOS the best so that is why some of us on console are eager to hear when we will get it as well.

Plus, when we are already starting what for us is a new game, some would prefer to start it with a TOS character, since as you note the new missions are all at the very start. If AoY is coming to consoles fairly soon, I would rather know about it and not waste time on a 25c character that I would lose interest in the moment that it would be possible to have a 23c one instead.
    34ru9dw.jpg
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    The basic "I-want-it-now" attitude. Though the best post was complaining that they had to actually play the story mode because there is no doffing or crafting yet. Wow
  • crashdownbsg#7928 crashdownbsg Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I'd like TOS era...but I'm happy to wait. Same with DOffs. It's still early days for console
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Heres some advice for you about sto.

If you want information about STO go to the official forums.

If you want up to date info go to Facebook or Twitter.

If you want Accurate and up to date info go to Reddit. (The devs post there more frequently than here as these forums can be a bit hostile.)

Info on the official forums is the last place they put it so we are the last to know unless some kind person posts a link from Twitter or reddit.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Yeah, they need to fix the bugs and glitches first, and there's alot of them. Some of them manufactured. I'm on the PS4 so I don't know if it's the same on the XBox, but in Sphere Space the ion pylons lost their rings, making one of the side missions impossible to finish. All because someone reducing zone clutter thought they weren't needed...
    oldracesbanner.jpg