TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - SEPTEMBER 2, 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    jivedutch wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »
    nikeix wrote: »
    @coldsnapped you are aware this entire board is still unlinked from the forums, right? You have to get here manually or from an old bookmark.

It actually is linked from the forums, but older browsers cannot see it (such as in XP). So there lies the problem. Otherwise if you have a new browser you can find the Tribble Announcements and Release Notes. Thanks.

Updated Chrome & Edge on Windows 10 (insider build) ,.... not visible in the list .... cant get much newer than that .....
    Viewing forum with ARC ... not visible ...

With or without login .... makes no difference.

Kick the forum admins ... this one is B0rk3d ....

It seems to have been fixxed.

Both Arc (Logged in) and Edge (Logged out) show the release notes subforum now.

• Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    the kits are upgradeable, yeah. it looks like they're just being started though, the old kits got dummied out, and new ones were added in. they're incomplete, the kit itself doesn't have the module code working, so you can equip it if your kit space was empty, but can't put modules into it. i assume once complete the same thing as with other items will happen, and the kits/modules will auto upgrade from old to new system.

it seems kits themselves go up to mk xiv gold, while modules to mk xiv ultra rare.

ChirYYC.png​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    rybaksix wrote: »
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.66.20160824a.4
    • Reputations are now hidden until the player is level 50.

What about event reputation ???
    Are You guys limiting summer and winter events to chars that are lvl 50+ ???

doubtful as that would enrage alot of players with alts that have not reached 50.​​
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    That's nice that the Modules/Kits can be upgraded on Tribble.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Now that Kits/Modules are going to be upgradeable, I bet they won't go back and make the Reputation ones Mk XIII UR after the Temporal Agent unlocked that from the Reputation requirements.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    I'm on a GTX 1080, and I'm having crash issues logging into Tribble. Thought my brand spanking new card would handle it fine, it's not a DX9 or DX10 card. :p
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Now that Kits/Modules are going to be upgradeable, I bet they won't go back and make the Reputation ones Mk XIII UR after the Temporal Agent unlocked that from the Reputation requirements.

Hey - they need to save something for next recruitment event.... :*
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Re: "Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required."

What?
    Are there Duty Officer input required for Rep????

They don't mean FLEET PROJECTS, do they? NOOOOOOO!!
    I rather wait to get the DOFFs than put in another ounce of Dilithium in the Fleet Projects.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Re: "Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required."

What?

I rather wait to get the DOFFs than put in another ounce of Dilithium in the Fleet Projects.

There are several things in Nukara and Romulan reps that require a few Duty Officers, usually 2 or 5 per project, and that is probably what they're talking about there.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User

What?

They do mean reputations. To my knowledge, only 2 projects require DOffs (about 30 tactical ones if I remember right), and they are the Elite Hangar Pets (Scorpion (Rom Rep) and Widow (Nukara Rep)). They always stood out as a strange thing.

Also, if your fleet doesn't have DOff problems, consider yourself lucky, the Fed fleet I'm in pretty much always needs DOffs, and there is no quick way to fill (one by one off the ex takes forever) them if you do have the money for them.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Thank you...phew!
    ::::panic button off:::::

I do not prefer carriers so never looked at those Elite Carrier Pets.

As for getting doffs for Fleet project.... I run DOFF assignments that reward DOFFs (constantly) and break them down to whites. That takes a lot of time, but it is free.

The faster way: go to the Personnel officer on the Starbase and buy them with Fleet Credits. That is fast, but "expensive". I mean the whole point of donating to fleet projects in the first place is to collect FC not spend them on DOFFs.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thank you...phew!
    ::::panic button off:::::

I do not prefer carriers so never looked at those Elite Carrier Pets.

As for getting doffs for Fleet project.... I run DOFF assignments that reward DOFFs (constantly) and break them down to whites. That takes a lot of time, but it is free.

The faster way: go to the Personnel officer on the Starbase and buy them with Fleet Credits. That is fast, but "expensive". I mean the whole point of donating to fleet projects in the first place is to collect FC not spend them on DOFFs.

I just grab them off the Exchange, but the Exchange is not really rigged for bulk buying lots of seperate items and with a DOff limit of 100 (less in reality thanks to the R&D DOffs and any non-white DOff) it takes forever. I personally consider the Fleet DOff vendor to be beyond desperate, as you pay 500 per DOff, and get just 300 back. To be honest, there needs to be a fleet DOff item that works sort of like Fleet-Only Dil, and would best be doled out as a vendor on major hubs (Qo'nos, DS9 (grossly oversized, I can fit a Scimi in a dock barely big enough for a DEFIANT), ESD, Rom Flotilla, Rom Republic Command, Dyson Joint Command, K-7 (Also grossly oversized, and still has the old TOS texture, not the nice new pretty AoY one), etc) for say 50k-75k EC per Fleet-Only DOff.

As for carriers, I tend to use the purple (Fleet bought Elite pets are WAY too expensive for the gains they give) frigate pets if possible (far, far superior to fighters, as they actually can stay alive for more than 5 seconds) (or other pet that's appropriate to that ship) so I tend not to bother with the Elite pets from the reps. But then again, I prefer playing real builds that would belong on a ship, not just FaW AP Beam Critabuser (Seriously, if you aren't going to fix CritSeverity's massive returns the higher it is (, at least fix the [CrtD] weapon modifier (and the inbuilt CrtD on Antiproton) so it doesn't give such an insane boost (seriously, 20%?!, every other weapon modifier gives between 2-10% (not sure exactly how much [Dmg] boosts), that or boost the others so they get a comparable benefit) for DPS.
    Post edited by roebotsixtyfive on

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    nextgenwarnextgenwar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I got an Nvidia GEforce GTX 850m with a directX12 and after I do something on tribble, for example transfer maps, my game freezes.(only with new lighting) Any Ideas how to solve this?

on holo my graphics are maxed and render is halfway. and no trouble.
  • Options
    speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    is this not going to go to live ? it's been up since the second it's been nearly a month and nothing updated nothing changed What's going on

Right now Redshirt is the "patch go live in 1-3 days" Server. Tribble is patched with the new lighting and I hope latest tomorrow with the new Fleet stuff. This things are tested longer, like the new Skill tree or expansion.
    7mf4rl12.png
  • Options
    is this not going to go to live ? it's been up since the second it's been nearly a month and nothing updated nothing changed What's going on

Right now Redshirt is the "patch go live in 1-3 days" Server. Tribble is patched with the new lighting and I hope latest tomorrow with the new Fleet stuff. This things are tested longer, like the new Skill tree or expansion.

Testing fleet stuff on Tribble is kinda strange, the system is proven, and Fleet projects (if you could even gather the 5 people needed to form one) take weeks to complete (for a Holding) not including time it takes to fill projects (which filling them with DOffs on Tribble would be amazingly difficult as I'm not sure there are enough DOffs on Tribble for just one fleet).

As I see it, Redshirt is to see if the live patch will work before putting it live, while Tribble is for long-term testing of larger changes to ensure they are close to finished.

Tribble Patch Notes often do not mention every change they make either from what I've noticed, probably because they are running a special build that is different to the one on Holodeck.

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Testing fleet stuff on Tribble is kinda strange, the system is proven, and Fleet projects (if you could even gather the 5 people needed to form one) take weeks to complete (for a Holding) not including time it takes to fill projects (which filling them with DOffs on Tribble would be amazingly difficult as I'm not sure there are enough DOffs on Tribble for just one fleet).

Between setting the projects to finish in a few seconds and the free stuff consoles on Drozana, there have always been lots of fully upgraded test fleets before stuff goes live.
  • Options
    hevach wrote: »

Between setting the projects to finish in a few seconds and the free stuff consoles on Drozana, there have always been lots of fully upgraded test fleets before stuff goes live.

Ah, so that's how they do it, just set the finish timers to a few seconds. But you didn't mention how they fill DOffs, unless you just buy fleet DOffs with test console bought Fleet Credits? (I thought they needed supplying and/or unlocking though to be able to be bought).

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Doffs don't need to be provisioned, only a starbase at tier 1 to get commons. Filling everything else will actually generate enough fleet credits to cover the doffs, and the temporary nature of tribble, ease of duplicating resources by importing more copies of the same character, plus the free stuff consoles means that there's nothing worth hoarding and projects don't stall on difficult inputs.

You do need to import or collect enough to get the starbase to tier 1 (or at least one subtrack, you can brute force it from there), but there's a LOT of fleets on tribble that spring back to life when a new holding comes in for testing which will already have everything like that in place.
  • Options
    hevach wrote: »
    Doffs don't need to be provisioned, only a starbase at tier 1 to get commons. Filling everything else will actually generate enough fleet credits to cover the doffs, and the temporary nature of tribble, ease of duplicating resources by importing more copies of the same character, plus the free stuff consoles means that there's nothing worth hoarding and projects don't stall on difficult inputs.

You do need to import or collect enough to get the starbase to tier 1 (or at least one subtrack, you can brute force it from there), but there's a LOT of fleets on tribble that spring back to life when a new holding comes in for testing which will already have everything like that in place.

So basically, once a fleet gets to T1, you can get the DOffs, prior to that though is the issue. Good to know. (Never been that deep in the Fleet system).

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    500 Fleet Credits for Common, take your chance, or 750 for specific (Science, Engineering, or Tactical).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    500 Fleet Credits for Common, take your chance, or 750 for specific (Science, Engineering, or Tactical).

On Holodeck, buying from fleet is a real last resort, but on Tribble where I am pretty sure the test console can give you 100k FC in a few seconds (to be honest, the only thing the test console struggles with is EC (manually open, small quantity), Lobi (none at all), Tech Upgrades (none at all, when paired with the low EC yields, makes testing upgrading tedious unless you had buttloads of them on char import) and DOffs (none at all)) it's the only quick way of getting DOffs.