Options

New Fleet Holding K-13

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    jonsills wrote: »
    lnblade wrote: »

Thanks. Looks like NOMAD in one of the screenshots, I wonder how that ties into the holdings (special decoration would be my guess)
    Not NOMAD as such - it didn't have that spherical section. Perhaps the original form of Tan-Ru, before the merger?​​
    ^^^
    It's the "M-4" device that 'Flint' built from the TOS episode "Requiem For Methuselah"
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    weeee weeeee yippie.

I am pleased.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    This looks interesting. Curious to see how it pans out.
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    lnblade wrote: »

Thanks. Looks like NOMAD in one of the screenshots, I wonder how that ties into the holdings (special decoration would be my guess)
    Not NOMAD as such - it didn't have that spherical section. Perhaps the original form of Tan-Ru, before the merger?​​
    ^^^
    It's the "M-4" device that 'Flint' built from the TOS episode "Requiem For Methuselah"

Beat me to it! =D

Here's a pic:
    248377.jpg
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I want to understand what Trendy meant when she said "... if you have the keys."
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    So happy about this, thank you
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I want to understand what Trendy meant when she said "... if you have the keys."

the blog said: "You have the keys". No "if". Meaning, you have the keys to open the door. The site translates it (via google) to "You ARE the key". So don't start worrying about lockbox's or anything. Nothing to see here.

(edited, because I screwed up my quotes)

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Why does the german post have so much more info and images?

aside from that this looks AWESOME
  • Options
    I couldn't get excited about this. I'd never last in a fleet, as soon as I'm asked to donate, I'll be fleet less again. Mx4Vj8T.png​​

not all fleets require donations
  • Options
    tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I just hope this fleet holding has Fleet level Retrofit Twin Phaser Beam Arrays with at least the same mods available as the current Advanced Fleet weapons. Some nice Ultra Rare [Dmg]x3 [CrtD] twin phasers would be perfect for my AOY character and hopefully Fleet level Ultra Rare Federation Type 2 Phasers. TOS boffs at VR quality and a complete list of standard boff powers for the 3 main boffs classes (Tactical, Science and Engineering). Whatever else it provides will be icing on the cake.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I'm waiting to see where in the galaxy K-13 appears; the Gamma Quadrant is begging for expansion! Looking forward to the new holding, even if it means a long slog to completion; new characters have a harder time earning FC's one holdings are complete. :*
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'm waiting to see where in the galaxy K-13 appears; the Gamma Quadrant is begging for expansion! Looking forward to the new holding, even if it means a long slog to completion; new characters have a harder time earning FC's one holdings are complete. :*
    We already know, it's been there all along.... I forget which system but if you look around Fed space in BQ, you'll see it orbiting.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Daleks are salt and pepper shakers, that thing is a tea ball... I'm starting to think 1969s prop designers got their inspiration looking at random things around the kitchen.
    ​​

the "comet" in the DS9 intro was a dog TRIBBLE that was spotted and photographed from multiple angles.... its not just designers from the 60s
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We already know, it's been there all along.... I forget which system but if you look around Fed space in BQ, you'll see it orbiting.
    Thats a completely different space station IIRC. Deep Space K-7.
    No. K7 is a social zone, also it's always been there. One of the new systems added for AoY has what appears to be k13 in it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Excellent news.
    I just hope this fleet holding has Fleet level Retrofit Twin Phaser Beam Arrays with at least the same mods available as the current Advanced Fleet weapons. Some nice Ultra Rare [Dmg]x3 [CrtD] twin phasers would be perfect for my AOY character and hopefully Fleet level Ultra Rare Federation Type 2 Phasers. TOS boffs at VR quality and a complete list of standard boff powers for the 3 main boffs classes (Tactical, Science and Engineering). Whatever else it provides will be icing on the cake.

I hope this would be the bottom floor of what's going to be offered.

I'm sort of hoping for some TOS ships too, not as good as the C-Store versions of course. Maybe the Klingon could score those sweet TOS Gorn and Orion ships...

Yes, highly unlikely, But one can hope.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I am all for adding K-13 as a fleet holding. My only issue with it is having another dil sink when there are, IMO, more than enough dil sinks as it is.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Dbl post... Delete.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Thats a completely different space station IIRC. Deep Space K-7.
    No. K7 is a social zone, also it's always been there. One of the new systems added for AoY has what appears to be k13 in it.

Deneva system, Orion sector, Beta Quadrant, IIRC.