test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] Fluid Dynamics Mission Impulse Bug

tilnaktatilnakta Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Just completed the Fluid Dynamics Mission, and not going to lie, that is buggy as hell. The support ships that go with you to Fluid Space cannot travel anywhere near normal impulse speed. This is a massive problem as the final objective in that mission is to destroy the Bog Command Diamond. Literally I was going at 3/4 impulse (not full power) keeping up with the Diamond but the AI ships were so far behind, it looked like I wasn't going to even destroy the ship. The only reason I could complete the mission is that after two full revolutions of the Diamond around the center of the level it got caught on the geometry hit boxes of the Borg base, allowing the AI ships to catch up and destroy the ship. Adjust the speeds in there please... just for the AI.

-Grey

Comments

• bipolarplayerbipolarplayer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The problem is on Xbox one as well. On my third try the AI ships actually attacked the Borg diamond, but we're so weak they were useless. I'd say they need to do something about this mission as far as I can see it can only be completed with at least 3 or 4 actual players. As every time I've tried it, it's up never went below 94%.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,312 Arc User
    The mission just doesn't scale well after level 50. :(
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    AI ships in general are just so very deeply stupid they can barely fly and shoot at the same time.
  • ryans77#5741 ryans77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am on this mission now and can't get past it at all.. The AI are not fast enough, and get stuck in the cubes (literally) while the Borg ship will get caught for a few minutes allowing the support ships that are not stuck in the middle of the cubes to catch up and fire. Then the Diamond goes through the cubes to free it's self only to regain all it's health.. While my ship can't do anything to it..
  • cheops197599cheops197599 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    With some of the bugs on some of these levels I seriously question whether anyone actually play tested the entire game from start to finish. A lot of the late game stuff is just broken.
  • n7ltrobbiesan#4337 n7ltrobbiesan Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    +1 this was brutal. I went at the Borg Diamond like 3-4 times, dying each time, since the AI team was zero help. I sighed and decided to give it one more try. Like others have mentioned, the diamond finally got stuck, well enough that the task force and I were able to take it out. Crikey though, I also wonder if anyone tested this mission before releasing it... poorly done, unless it was on purpose, and in that case—you got us. :)
  • i2hellfirei2hellfire Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    November 25th and this mission still hasn't been "fixed". Just tried running this mission and couldn't complete it. Did a lap or so around the damn map chasing the diamond and couldn't bring down it's shields. The majority of ships weren't even around to help. I had maybe 2 ships with me, not that it mattered since they couldn't keep up with the Borg Diamond.