test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

After several hours of struggling

I will stick with the Pc game. The console game is very very difficult to use. It is not fun since you spend 80% of your time trying to figure out how the darn thing works. Space is truly ridiculous. I am going to remove ARC from my xbox one. Advice to the Startrek online devs. Take a look at ESO and see how a good MMO is done, because you have certainly missed the mark with STO.

Comments

• Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    why would you even want to play on console if you have accounton pc for years? or can you use the same account?
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    kasmar45f wrote: »
    ESO (...) a good MMO

AnjADJO.gif

♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    No one playing STO has a right to laugh at ESO. This game is garbage compared to it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    scarling wrote: »
    No one playing STO has a right to laugh at ESO. This game is garbage compared to it.

It's really not. ESO is not just a mediocre game (and it is), it's also a total betrayal of the franchise. I'll be clapping as part of a standing ovation when that abortion goes down in flames.

Besides, with the demise of City of Heroes and the cancellation of Everquest Next, there are no truly good MMOs left on the market, just some that are sort of okay like STO and ones that are walking disasters like ESO.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan & I will never touch ESO.

Good, it's terrible. You are saving yourself a lot of anger.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    kasmar45f wrote: »
    Take a look at ESO and see how a good MMO is done
    This has got to be the first time ESO has been called a "good" mmo
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Open beta-tested ESO, some dungeons were fun with friends, but otherwise felt wrong to the ES franchise. I found it too much of a single player game that tried accommodating itself to a MMO setting.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,529 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »

ESO should be hauled away AS garbage!

:: bar fight ensues ::

• Options
    bonzodog01bonzodog01 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    And here I am, I play ESO alongside STO on the XBox. I have to log in tomorrow to make sure our EU guild gets its weekly trader in fact. Incidentally, its changed A LOT since beta, they have almost completely re-written it, and theres a major update next month that will completely alter the way the game plays - They are making the entire game, all maps "battle-levelled". I have played it for a year on Xbox and greatly enjoyed it.
    XBox One - NFV Rylon - T6 Kolasi Siege Destroyer
    British Imperial Armada
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    sorry, but I'm just not seeing the problem with the Console Controls. they work great so far and they really aren't difficult to understand. ESPECIALLY in Space.

it basically boils down to:

1. Tap button to use your quick skill. Circle for Tactical BOFF skills. Square for Science BOFF skills, Triangle for Engineering BOFF skills, L2 for Captain Skills, L1 for Ship Skills.
    2. Hold Button to open Boff skill menu.
    3. Point thumbstick towards the skill you want.
    4. Press R2 to use the skill. or press R1 to set it to auto-fire or click L3 to set it as your quick skill

how is this complicated and how is it hard to figure out how it works?

also, everyone saying ESO is trash must not have played it recently and/or are still bitter that its not just a Multiplayer Skyrim. it's excellent. especially on Consoles.
    JayMadIV.png
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I once ported most of the basic controls of guild wars 2 on my pc controller through 3rd party emulator. Granted it wasn't good enough and wasn't able to replace the mouse, but I have a hard time seeing console STO not porting really well to a controller.

I play space STO with my left hand on a controller, right hand on mouse, with the rare reaching over to keyboard (mostly Tab/cycle targets since I never cared to keymap it to the controller - mouse targeting used to be amazing until a certain patch made it worthless as it has been ever since - bug report submitted but obviously devs haven't cared to make it priority as it should be for such an essential function among a dozen other longstanding bugs).

If console STO is managed well, I can see it being a lot of fun with controllers to bring the power creep on a more even level so there's actual strategy and team play, as there was pre-DR - and this is coming from someone who hates consoles and will never give up PC gaming.

Also, when I first played CoD on ps3&ps4, it took me a number of days to get used to a FPS game using a controller, and the keymappings. It is terribly clumsy going from mid-air snipe headshots of Legions days on PC to having a hard time looking around, but I did get more used to it even if it is still a hopeless interface.

Overwatch is one multiplayer PVP game that has both PC and console versions, and as far as I know the consoles have some auto-aim assist. They also reside on their own separate server, for obvious reasons as is the case with STO.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    @alcyoneserene is that queen mab from the good merlin!? And yea eso is a depressing letdown. Did the beta thing for a little while it doesnt feel like elder scrolls at all (been playing the series forever, since the dos days). I havent played sto on console but everybody here thats am existing oc player seems to be getting all irked about it.. when we for sure were not the intended audience. Ask a console exclusive gamer and they dont have too much of an issue besides wanting the missing content
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The title of this thread reminds me of a Chuck Norris joke.

A rattlesnake once bit Chuck Norris.

After several agonizing hours the snake finally died.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jargoljargol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I much prefer the game on console but that's probably because my laptop is from the age of dinosaurs.