test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Dreadnoughts for Console?

Howdy all,

I just noticed the T6 dreadnoughts do not seem to be on the Console CStore. Does anyone know when they're expected (are they tied into the Kelvin expansion?)

Google failed me so asking here,

Cheers for your time people

Comments

• jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Which dreadnoughts are you referring to? The T6 Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier is a lockbox ship, not a C-Store ship, and it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head you would be looking for specifically on the console version. The Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser is also a Lobi store ship. The only recent C-Store Dreadnought I can think of is the Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser, if that's the one you're asking about I'm afraid it's unlikely the community will have a definite answer for you. I'm not aware of Cryptic/PWE having a public release schedule of C-Store ships, but that one would almost certainly be tied to the latest expansion as it's kind of meant to be paired with the Temporal Agent specialization which was also part of that expansion.
    Post edited by jbmaverick on

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • cruciasnzcruciasnz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Sorry mate in retrospect I was way too vague.

I am specifically interested in the T6 Scimatar varients (Kopesh, Flambard, Shasmir). They're not in the CStore

I got a Jem Hadar Dreadnought out my very first lockbox ^^ but still want the Scimatar style ships because I love them.
  • tearsfall69tearsfall69 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Just curious. The Dreadnought Cruiser you got from you very first lockbox...was it actually a T6? The one I got is a T5 upgradable, and so many people have the same problem. The lockbox seems to be giving out T5's rather then T6. Even the Lobi Dom ship is being giving out as a T5.

This is on PS4 btw. Ive sent in a ticket close to four days ago and still havent received a response
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    The T6 Scimitars came out on PC a bit before Agents of Yesterday, so it is not tied to that expansion (which came along side the Kelvin-Timeline missions and Lockbox).

I've not heard any ETA on all the missing stuff on consoles, only that they plan to roll out the missing stuff eventually.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    cruciasnz wrote: »
    Sorry mate in retrospect I was way too vague.

I am specifically interested in the T6 Scimatar varients (Kopesh, Flambard, Shasmir). They're not in the CStore

I got a Jem Hadar Dreadnought out my very first lockbox ^^ but still want the Scimatar style ships because I love them.

My best guess is that theyre looking to squeeze more money out of players by having different releases for both the content and the ships on Console. Theres a long list of endgame ships that arent currently present in the CStore and Im willing to bet over the next year theyll re-release them on the Consoles hoping players buy multiple ships as they try to find the one that fits their playstyle the best.
  • cruciasnzcruciasnz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just curious. The Dreadnought Cruiser you got from you very first lockbox...was it actually a T6? The one I got is a T5 upgradable, and so many people have the same problem. The lockbox seems to be giving out T5's rather then T6. Even the Lobi Dom ship is being giving out as a T5.

This is on PS4 btw. Ive sent in a ticket close to four days ago and still havent received a response

It says T6 on the box, doesn't mean it'll be T6 when I open it up though. Haven't decided on retaining or using it yet.

Can confirm the Lobi is T5 - I read somewhere that all Lockbox ships were scalled up to T6, thereby encouraging people to gamble on them more frequently.
    My best guess is that theyre looking to squeeze more money out of players by having different releases for both the content and the ships on Console. Theres a long list of endgame ships that arent currently present in the CStore and Im willing to bet over the next year theyll re-release them on the Consoles hoping players buy multiple ships as they try to find the one that fits their playstyle the best.

That's a bit of a bummer but pretty standard for Freemium games. Ah well, they won't get additional money out of me that way, just means I have to wait a bit longer to get what I plan on purchasing. Until then my T5-U Tulwar will hold her own.

Cheers for the response, I had suspected that to be the case but couldn't find it anywhere.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    there's a lot of lock box ships that get a free upgrade to T5u. IE every grand prize prior to Delta Rising. There are a few that came later that can have a upgrade token applied. But every grand prize from DR after comes at T6, usually with a useful trait.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    Interesting, found the consoles are also missing the Command Battlecruisers as well.

That might mean that they're holding back ships that have a set bonus with an Event ship, all of which are currently unavailable on consoles. As the T6 Flagship (the T6 Scimitars are the Romulan Flagships) consoles have a set bonus with Timeline Stabilizer Field from Krenim Science Vessel was given/grindable/Lobi-buy-out-able from the 6 Year Anniversary Event on PC. Command Battlecruisers have a set bonus with Regenerative Integrity Field from Kobali Samsar Cruiser from the 6th Anniversary Event on PC.

If they're holding them back to avoid having an un-completable set bonus, they would probably come out along side however they work out to handle the past PC Events on consoles.

As an aside, I'd go with the Tac version of the Scimitar at T5 on consoles, the versions of the T5 Scimitar are only different in console layout to the others, and you lack Fleet access on consoles so anything but Tac console spots are dump slots useful mainly for Universal consoles. On PC Sci > Tac for damage because of Fleet Embassy Plasma exploders and, to a lesser extent, Fleet Research Lab Focusers, but no Fleet on consoles means Tac > All on anything but Sci builds.