test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can I start a new game without Agents of Yesterday?

psychenouspsychenous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I want to start a new character on Star Trek Online, but I don't want to do the Agents of Yesterday storyline. I want to start in the 25th century like in the original. Is there a way I can do this?

Comments

• Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Yea, just select federation during character creation instead of 23rd century federation.
  • Options
    lexifer452lexifer452 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Is this agents of yesterday available to console? I keep seeing posts about it on here but have yet to really figure out what it is and what's different about it from the basic fed campaign.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    lexifer452 wrote: »
    Is this agents of yesterday available to console? I keep seeing posts about it on here but have yet to really figure out what it is and what's different about it from the basic fed campaign.

One of the reasons why it's confusing to have one forum for all platforms. The Agents of Yesterday expansion is not available yet on console.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,551 Arc User
    The NEWS tab has a post listing what will be added to consoles later on:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142423-star-trek-online-console-differences
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Agents of Yesterday is a small expansion that adds several story missions to STO that all characters can play, in addition to a Federation sub-faction that starts in the 23rd century, Kirk's time. Hmm... it looks like console version only goes up to the Delta Rising expansion (gotta have something to hand out as updates later, I guess), so AoY isn't available yet. Minor spoiler: the new missions mostly have to do with the Temporal Cold War from Enterprise.

The 23rd century Federation campaign is a set of six story missions that tie the Temporal Cold War to several classic Star Trek The Original Series episodes, including "Arena" and "Journey to Babel." Characters created in that sub-faction have access to TOS-era uniforms and use unique animations and sound effects based on the show, including a golden transporter effect and bulky old-school tricorder. Once the six missions are complete, the character should be at level 10 and gets brought forward to 2409, STO's "present day" and starts the regular storyline with the Federation-Klingon war.
  • Options
    lexifer452lexifer452 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Something to look forward to. Thanks for the speedy response guys.