test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Welcome Console Captains

gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
I just realized there was no welcoming committee for you. So welcome!

Hope you like it here.

Comments

• Options
    ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Indeed. Welcome to all the new Captains. Enjoy the first day of your new gaming addiction! :)
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hello and welcome!! :)

The guides written for PC players (such as this one!!) will be applicable for console players - the storylines are the same so feel free to go out and explore :)
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Well, i hope theh get their own forum soon.
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    Ya know, some of us console guys used to be pc guys...lol
  • Options
    thanosmeeksthanosmeeks Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Glad to be back my laptop crashed and stopped playing now I'm on both console trying to remember everything from like 2 years ago!
  • Options
    don't be afraid to ask questions, there's been a bunch of changes.
  • Options
    manojj#9431 manojj Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anyone know how to do r&doing on the console version? I can't figure it out.
  • Options
    forge118forge118 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is the R&D system online on the console? I cant find it
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Is there a way to zoom in the view on the character or ship on the PS4 or is it static? My character/ship is so far away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    rnd is not on the console yet.
  • Options
    razenove#1922 razenove Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Won't let me quote...
    Zooming function on PS4 is in the Captain's menu - Hold X, cycle camera distance.
    It's only going through 3 preset distances though.

And thanks for the welcome...live long and prosper, Captains.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've wanted to play Star Trek Online for years, but have never played pc games. Strictly a console person, so I'm glad that STO finally made it to Xbox One. I admit to having already started three of my five character slots with my primary one being a male Federation alien that I'm very pleased with, but that didn't stop me from creating another neat Federation female and also an Orion female Klingon officer. Gonna hold off on the other slots for now, but a Romulan character isn't going to be too far off.

STO is everything that I hoped that it would be and I foresee a long run with this game!
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hey everyone :)

I am a console player... X1 specifically. I wish I had a top of the line decent PC to play games on ha ha. Alas I have to wait for console releases of games these days. I am only just getting stuck into this game and will be a while before I look through and comment on posts :)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    A belated welcome from me, too. Whatever you do, make sure you spend a lot of money the console version of the game, I hope this will enable Cryptic to bring more greatness into the game for all of us.

Oh, and ask away your questions. Even if it will get at some point repetitive, it's always nice helping new people.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    stryfe84#3186 stryfe84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    I was a lifetime subscription player at launch on PC, but my abiding memory of the launch was huge issues with latency, rubber-banding and logging in. I eventually gave up but always wanted to go back as I thought there was so much potential with the game.

Absolutely stoked it's now available on console, it's not perfect as it's a little awkward to control so far (my first thoughts when flying the ship where of the legendary captain Zapp Brannagan, "she looks like a steakhouse, but she handles like a bistro").

I do remember thing getting really good once you get to around level 10 or 20 and ship options starting to get much better?

Anyway, so glad to see this game on console!
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Welcome Console players. I just want to add, IF I can offer any help at all, please send me a tell @F9thRet on the PS4. I can answer questions, and provided my wife doesn't need me (She just had her knee replaced) I'd be happy to help with missions as well.

God Speed with your new starship ladies and gentlemen.​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    I switched from pc to ps4 last night. I hadn't played on pc in over a year, and everyone I knew was gone, but my brother and father in law were both excited to try it on console since they didn't have pcs.

Already purchased playable caitian and started my engineering captain over.