test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Console Release Date

This video says it releases tomorrow, (September 6th), in the US and Wednesday September 7th in the UK. Can anyone confirm this? I've been looking but I can't find any official announcement or tweet.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Nothing official from Cryptic and PWE. It is possible that Cryptic or PWE announced to a bunch of reporters that the game will come out September 6, but pushed it back for whatever reason. We will know for sure tomorrow. If it is releasing tomorrow, then someone certainly hasn't been doing their job since they almost always give at least a week's notice for when a Season is going to release.
  • orthodoxaorthodoxa Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    This video says it releases tomorrow, (September 6th), in the US and Wednesday September 7th in the UK. Can anyone confirm this? I've been looking but I can't find any official announcement or tweet.

I've seen that date given on another preview video as well as some folks stating that the Panel at Mission New York gave that date too, but like you I haven't seen it on their official social media.

Incidentally, for any tempted to watch the video linked in the OP, save yourself the frustration, it is incredibly bad. The "previewer" seemingly has no interest in the game, so you will get to see a scintillating video of him literally flying his ship to the edge of a map for about a half hour and not even noticing because he is busy chatting about other video games and the movies that he would like to go see.

My own theory for the possible low-key lack of big announcement is a few things -- it's :Labor Day, at least some of the personnel might be off. And the main thing I suspect -- it is almost a meme now that on launch day for any anticipated MMO that the servers crash. Maybe they did not hype it up for tomorrow's launch to make an easier beginning, and will start hyping it more for the Thursday 50th Anniversary. I could be completely wrong, of course, but it's my opinion at this point.

Another video preview -- this one for the X-Box -- is much better quality, and he gives the same date of the 6th USA / 7th UK.

https://youtu.be/5I1WhQ_NMzg

34ru9dw.jpg
  • memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    There is a Twitter post from salami saying Tues.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    And there is a blog about the first Console Lockbox's Ship Stats. It definitely says this is a Console Lockbox.

So the celebration for the 50th is the Console release.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    And there is a blog about the first Console Lockbox's Ship Stats. It definitely says this is a Console Lockbox.

Nothing that says that it is a console only lockbox. Only that it will be released when STO is released on the consoles. So chances are there will be a ton of Keldons and Tier 6 Dreadnought Carriers on the PC version before some console user can use their Keldon or Dreadnought Carrier.
    These new Tier 6 ships will be available immediately upon the release of Star Trek Online on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 through the Cardassian-Dominion lockbox.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Read the Tweet
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    well its 9/6 10:40 on the east coast nothing yet
  • chachy#3427 chachy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Playstation store doesnt update until 12pm est.
  • jstryverjstryver Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It is now live on the US stores for both consoles
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Wrong subforum, this is for PC.
    Downloading it now YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    UK release looks like Friday, but I suspect we'll get a forum post today with release dates outside the US
  • thoduclarethoduclare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Downloadeding on Xbox now
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Wrong subforum, this is for PC.

There are no X-Box and Play-Station forums yet, so this is the only forum they can use.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    can't watch those people play. They fail so hard at everything. I'm not even sure at this point if it is their fault or if it is the controles.
    Go pro or go home
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Downloading on the PS4 here (USA). Canadian Xbox users have had some luck changing to USA region as well. (according to Reddit.​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    UK release looks like Friday, but I suspect we'll get a forum post today with release dates outside the US

Hmm the launch trailer is up on the German STO page though.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pkrgzdlhDoM
  • penybontpenybont Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Downloading on the PS4 here (USA). Canadian Xbox users have had some luck changing to USA region as well. (according to Reddit.​​

Reddit is correct you can switch regions on xbox one so if you can't wait like me you can download it that way. It would be nice if they got of there backside and told us when its coming out in the UK
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,803 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »

It was confirmed by Borticus in an interview that these ships WILL be coming to PC as well. the box itself may be console only but the ships will not.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • razenove#1922 razenove Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Anyone know how big the download is?
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User

I saw a post saying 13gb
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It's likely anywhere between 15GB to 17GB.

I don't have either consoles, but I assume the product page for STO in the console store will have that info.
  • razenove#1922 razenove Member Posts: 15 Arc User

I saw a post saying 13gb

Thanks, nice to have an idea how long it will take beforehand.
    I have 2 questions one how do you turn the reticles off (space and ground) two how do you claim the steamrunner ship
    ok I got the steamrunner , but still trying to figure out how to turn the reticles off
  • Quick question concerning the console version of the game: If you already have the game on a PC, can you also download it on a console and access your account from that console? Or is it totally separate from the PC version (like a different server or whatever)?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,605 Arc User
    Quick question concerning the console version of the game: If you already have the game on a PC, can you also download it on a console and access your account from that console? Or is it totally separate from the PC version (like a different server or whatever)?

It is a totally separate server and account. Nothing from your PC account applies and you can't transfer characters. You start fresh and need to re-buy anything you want.