test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

/GUCCI/ When do we get the new Discovery show uniforms?

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
CrY99ojUMAAGJZe.jpg:large

Gucci making the uniforms for the new show, I hope we get them in STO!

free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    .....Turtlenecks? Really. Set a course for the forever alone zone, warp factor 1000.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    If that is going to be the style of uniform... then it kinda fits in with the style used in The Cage, specifically the female variant.
    latest?cb=20110406053409&path-prefix=en

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No sign of a ship patch, but yes they do look like The Cage uniforms, fitting if the show takes place 3 years later (The Menagerie was first season, The Cage 13 years earlier, Discovery is 10 years before Kirk so 3 years after The Cage).

I will point out though that the colors are not the same. They went with the more recognizable trifecta of departmental colors than what was used in The Cage.

Not gonna knock them for that however.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No sign of a ship patch, but yes they do look like The Cage uniforms, fitting if the show takes place 3 years later (The Menagerie was first season, The Cage 13 years earlier, Discovery is 10 years before Kirk so 3 years after The Cage).

I will point out though that the colors are not the same. They went with the more recognizable trifecta of departmental colors than what was used in The Cage.

Not gonna knock them for that however.
    Easily reconciled - assume Starfleet uniform standards changed during those three years, to make the "departmental colors" thing standard. Still have turtlenecks, just in the Trinity of Colors.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mrtrexy#6456 mrtrexy Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    it's not a "hoax", it's just a joke. he saw some shirts on the gucci website that resembled trek uniforms and made a funny joke about it. some people just took it too seriously, including the op.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    If there aren't gucci uniforms in that show I'm not going to watch it.
    Not even if they're Armani instead?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    This show is going to be a train wreck.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    So we will have pajamas again... I hoped Meyer had a little more saying lol...
    Fuller seems to be a hippy. Starfleet is not military. Klingon empire is not military. Romulan star empire is not military... noone is military, we come in peace, please ignore our torpedos, etc, etc lol...
    With that said, nice design and pretty nice colors...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Space barbie at it's finest.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Is that cashmere?

/oooooh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Those look lame, just put them in the dil store for 5mil dilithium
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Looks like 1970's garbage. Does it have plaid bellbottoms with it?
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    if legit, a nice bit of actual continuity