test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassian-Dominion Lock Box

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,602 Community Moderator
I'm hoping this isn't exclusive to XBox and PS4.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142362
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Comments

• Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Holy...Man I hope it's for pc as well. I've wanted a T6 Galor forever
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,221 Arc User
    "A selection of two different Cross-Faction Console packages are up for acquisition, granting players access to special ship consoles that would otherwise be inaccessible to their faction. The first of these will contain either a Bio-Neural Warhead Torpedo Launcher for Federation players,"
    But the Bio-Neural Warhead isn't inaccessible to feds its been accessible for ages. Had one on my fed account for years.
  • Options
    dragon200052dragon200052 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    When i first started playing STO my end game ship i wanted was a JH dreadnought carrier now with this i may have to give up my tarantula for the T6 one of the dread since i love carriers and the Jem'hadar is one of the best races in star trek.
    So i really hope that this is also for PC they will be shooting themselves in the foot to not do so because of how cool these ships are.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    There is a bunch of stuff in that box already in game, hence is why its for consoles.

There is only like 2 or 3 ships that are completely new. Which i hope also come out to PC.
  • Options
    sedlo74656sedlo74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    R.I.P. to any possibility of a Cardassian faction.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    It will probably comes in the infinity lockbox or the lockbox rerun... but it will come..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,437 Arc User
    sedlo74656 wrote: »

And then there were those who said nothing good could come from the console release.
    Finally doing away with a cardassian faction would be a godsend from my perspective.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    They are getting the console caught up to the PC. Since they are separate gaming systems and we won't be all together. So they are rerunning all the old stuff. Now those players can get a chance for the stuff. Thus making them more $ as the console players will want it for their characters.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2016

You can count the Dominion in that obituary.

Its very likely these ships will come to PC in a different variation of the console lockbox as its £££ for Cryptic to make selling the Keldon and Tier 6 Dominion Dreadnought Carrier

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,657 Arc User
    "Universal Prototype Tech Upgrades may also be won from this Lock Box. Each of these Upgrade Techs can be applied to any item capable of being upgraded, and grants +12,800 Technology Points and 2x Quality Improvement Chance, while not requiring any Dilithium to be applied. Multiple of these items will be given out each time this prize is won, allowing players the opportunity to upgrade their Space and Ground equipment to new performance heights!"

From the Console Differences Blog
    "We’ll be releasing more exciting gameplay and content in future updates, including:
    [...]
    Crafting, through the Research and Development System."

So, the only way you're going to have full Mk XIV gear is grab the stuff from the lockbox on consoles. Impressive bit of Pay 2 Win there.

Kinda nice alternative to standard Superior Upgrades if it comes to PC, though not entirely ground-breaking as you can still buy Omega components.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I love the possibility of both of those. I hope the Boff Layout is good. I do hope it comes to PC some way.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,402 Arc User
    Holy...Man I hope it's for pc as well. I've wanted a T6 Galor forever
    That'd be some fine trolling:
    "Want a T6 Galor? Lockbox AND console-exclusive!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No Dominion Battleship? Don't care.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    You don't know that. Just because this is happening for the console release doesn't mean that the Cardassian faction is now off-the-table in terms of it not happening. There is still more than enough chance that a faction for the Cardassians is in the works... despite some saying that it's not going to happen.

Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Two threads on this topic. ^^ As I posted on the other thread, this could be a precursor to expanding content into the Gamma Quadrant itself, with a new map and possible Fleet Holding next "season"... (one can only hope). :|
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Those skins are sexy! I want them. Oh and a Dominion revamp would be nice they need it!
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    khan1000 wrote: »
    Those skins are sexy! I want them. Oh and a Dominion revamp would be nice they need it!
    TBH that T6 JH Dread looks pretty meh. Looks like N64 graphics.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    So is it PC or Console which one?
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I think I still have some of the old cardie lock boxes on my storage toon.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    This is a little lame if I'm honest. We get the Keldon, and that's great, but surely Cryptic can get creative and design some new Cardassian ships? They've managed to do just fine designing Dominion ones. And where (and when) exactly can we expect to fly in the Dominion Battlecruiser?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Isent that the dominion battlecruiser puctured tho????
  • Options
    chachy#3427 chachy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Ill be saving keys till they have a box with plasmotic leech for feds.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,402 Arc User
    Ill be saving keys till they have a box with plasmotic leech for feds.
    You should have started a while ago, because it already exists. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1