test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sector Space Travel/Course Setting Bug

austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited August 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
A bug I've noticed, since the patch, traveling through Sector Space, specifically when doing the "Tour of the Galaxy", it often takes two or three times, setting course to planets.

For example, if my ship is traveling from"Lirss", towards "Nimbus" & I set course for Nimbus, the ship will instead set course for toward Hobus or the where Romulus is location (or used to be located, I should say). This happens very often, causing my ship to set wrong course.

Comments

• Options
    cpr#5779 cpr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm also having the same problem. Also, the keybind I use for Tour The Galaxy has stopped working, it keeps saying navtoposition is an unknown command.
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Also, since the last maintenance (August 25) selecting an auto-pilot destination from the map does no longer close the map as it used to be, obstructing your view.
  • Options
    parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I also have the Auto Travel bug after the Aug 25 maintenance. One click to go to the next destination will immediately force you to head for the Alpha quadrant. You have to very quickly click your desired destination again, twice, for the Auto Travel to work as it used to.
    It's a real pain!!
    As for the map not closing, I'm all for this during TTG! YEAH!! If the map is in the way, resize it and move it to the side a bit and you can still see your impending collision with your destination star(s).
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I also have the Auto Travel bug after the Aug 25 maintenance. One click to go to the next destination will immediately force you to head for the Alpha quadrant. You have to very quickly click your desired destination again, twice, for the Auto Travel to work as it used to.
    It's a real pain!!
    As for the map not closing, I'm all for this during TTG! YEAH!! If the map is in the way, resize it and move it to the side a bit and you can still see your impending collision with your destination star(s).

I'm having this problem as well. Though for me the autonav from planet to planet will either target the alpha quad for the old beta quadrant. Or it head to traelas in the old Qo'nos and Taw Dewa sectors. Either way you have to double up on the nav to make it go in the direction you want.

As for the map not closing. We can keep that. I can watch my impending faceplant in to said system on the minimap.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    malik2161malik2161 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    cpr#5779 wrote: »
    I'm also having the same problem. Also, the keybind I use for Tour The Galaxy has stopped working, it keeps saying navtoposition is an unknown command.

+1
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    As for the map not closing. We can keep that. I can watch my impending faceplant in to said system on the minimap.

Why make the UI interactions even more awkward? The old behavior was perfect: Press M for the map, click on a destination, and done. The map autocloses and you're off, free to engage slipstream and/or make camera/course adjustments, look at the DOFF assignment window, etc. No need for a second keypress just to get rid of the map window obstructing your view.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Tour de galaxy is quite annoying with this bugg. Since last maint I have to check if i am actually flying to the correct destination.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    I'm not sure where it's point you to in the Beta quad. But before the time ran out when i made it Alph today, I left it run. It took me to the Andoss System.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    This bug is still present. It happens all through out Tour of the Galaxy. Doesn't matter which quadrant you're traveling through. It happens, very often, throughout a TotG run. I can normally complete a full run of the tour, but because of the course setting/navigation problems, during the run, I finish one or two planets short, before the timer runs out.

Another example of this happening, is when traveling between Teneebia & Orion & I set course for Orion, instead of traveling straight to Orion, my ship turns toward the Alpha Quadrant instead. This should not be happening this often. I've noticed, that it's most prevalent, during Tour of the Galaxy, then any other mission in the game.
  • Options
    I just did a full TotG run & wrote down every time I had to correct the course, after ship set a wrong course, from the planet I was setting course to. I counted at least 11 occurrences.

Keep in mind the first planet is where my ship would be at & the 2nd planet would be the destination.

Ferenginar ->Tellar
    Tellar -> Chapel
    DS9 -> Arawath
    Arawath -> Defara
    Tzenkth -> Mizar
    Mylasa -> New Romulus
    Sanek -> Pheben
    Alini ->Lirss
    Lirss -> Nimbus
    Orion -> Risa
    Risa -> Argelius

There are probably other sections that this happens as well, but these are the most common occurrences for me.
  • Options
    I just did a full TotG run & wrote down every time I had to correct the course, after ship set a wrong course, from the planet I was setting course to. I counted at least 11 occurrences.

Keep in mind the first planet is where my ship would be at & the 2nd planet would be the destination.

Ferenginar ->Tellar
    Tellar -> Chapel
    DS9 -> Arawath
    Arawath -> Defara
    Tzenkth -> Mizar
    Mylasa -> New Romulus
    Sanek -> Pheben
    Alini ->Lirss
    Lirss -> Nimbus
    Orion -> Risa
    Risa -> Argelius

There are probably other sections that this happens as well, but these are the most common occurrences for me.

I start this in the beta quad. I can complete it with the bug with about a minute and thirty seconds left. I just went Orion ~> Alpha Quad.

Started at Chapel in Alpha Quad and just let it run. As my first post said one took me to the andoss system. This time letting ir run it has me aimed at some point in the unnamed/unexplored section below the Alpha Quad on the galaxy map. So on this I don't know where it's trying to take me.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    truecreamytruecreamy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Same. I have only noticed this happening with TTGD. Bounced around the clusters and expanses picking up DOFF missions and nope did not happen.
    Pegasus Command FED/KDF
  • Options
    glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I am having the same bug, however, I have noticed something that may help the devs.

This bug only happens to me if I stop at a target system. If I target and order the ship to go to the next system before I claim the first it's OK.