test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you had 140million ec, what would you buy in game?

I'm just curious as to what you would buy in-game if you had 140million ec.

Comments

• Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    For me, It would be the Xindi-Narcine. I've wanted that ship forever and sure, it may not be the best now, but I've seen some vids and friends do awesome things with it. that or the Tarantula.​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    The mirror temporal destroyer
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
      Narcine is a great carrier. Be sure to get the elite frigates. Well worth the cost
    • Options
      keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
      A couple of decent doffs.
    • Options
      nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
      I bought the wells and the narcine for 225m

to slightly hijack.. I have opened a LOT of lobi boxes over the past year.
      what's the top 3 lobi ships out there?
      u7acy6aymfw7.gif
      We Need BERETS in the tailor
    • Options
      tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      With 140m, I'd either buy things that are actually in demand and are very likely to go up in price over time, or wait to buy things that are actually in demand and will very likely go up in price over time.

140m isn't a whole lot. If that's all I had, the last thing I'd do is spend it all on something to consume. That kind of behaviour is what keeps people space poor.

Best to let it make more EC and, if you must, only consume things bought with the profits skimmed off the top.
      /channel_join grind
    • Options
      alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
      Nothing, I'd keep saving and buy myself a Vengeance Intel Dreadnought! ^_^
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    • Options
      mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
      Would buy a lot of mirror ships and gived them in random giveaway at some social zone or maybe galor or krenim imperium warship and donated for fleet giveaway.

• Options
      dragon200052dragon200052 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
      I would save it so i could try and get another 120 mill to get the Tholian Recluse carrier for 260 mill so i can finish my tholain set on my Dread or get one of the lock box ships for a friend such as a Tholain Orb Weaver.
    • Options
      jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      I would buy upgrade accelerators that boosts tech points and quality improvement chances. I would probably also by Omega Fragments as well to craft Omega Kits. However, I would probably only use 70m EC for those things. The rest I would just hold on to.
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      KonsTitution.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
      indyshark wrote: »
      Narcine is a great carrier. Be sure to get the elite frigates. Well worth the cost

Preaching to the choir my friend. I just love that ship, and never flown it.​​
      My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
    • Options
      smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
      picked up a D'Kora with that much
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • Options
      duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
      I'd probably just save it for lots of little stuff. The question did come up recently and I wasn't actually particularly keen on getting any big-ticket item in the price range.
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      I still have 400mil leftover from when I sold my JJ BoP, gonna keep it set aside for a rainy day.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      The Narcine is one of my favorites as well. I have many lock box and lobi ships, earned most of them by using the keys whenever a new box came out.

In most cases and on most characters, I quickly switched back to standard Federation ships though. The Narcine is the only exception, it's my space tac's standard ship basically. Sometimes I switch it for another lobi ship, but I always quickly return to it.

Another ship that I found to be well worth the cost, was the Baltim raider.

Not sure if these ships can be bought for 140 million, as I said, I mostly got my special ships through opening boxes so I don't really look for them on the Exchange. The Narcine is probably more expensive, lobi ones are usually cheaper so I would recommend the Baltim. Besides really powerful, it's also a very versatile ship with most of its Boff stations being universal ones.
    • Options
      thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
      If?
      DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
    • Options
      iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
      I'd rush a whole bunch of R&D projects for 75 dil each​​
      ExtxpTp.jpg
    • Options
      kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
      Assuming for some reason I had to spend it? Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer.
      Otherwise? Wait until I could afford something decent
    • Options
      tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      risian4 wrote: »
      The Narcine is probably more expensive, lobi ones are usually cheaper so I would recommend the Baltim.

Since the release of The Box, Lockbox ships have become much cheaper and lobi ships have become more expensive. At the moment, lobi ships are going for 2-3x the price of lockbox ships available from The Box.

/channel_join grind
    • Options
      taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
      What I would do is buy a bunch of R&D materials needed to make Superior Upgrade Tech.
      Then sell those Superiors on upgrade weekend and see your 140 mil, double, triple or quadruple.

And as a matter fact, NOW is a great time to buy mats for ultra low prices due to the current promo.
      Superior Tech is always a hot seller come upgrade weekend, not only that but they sell for inflated prices.

That's my advice, but it will take some patience.
      [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    • Options
      nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
      Would add my first recommendation for the Narcine. Followed by the recommendation for the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer (both tremendously fun ships to fly). As I have both of those I might be eyeballing the Nicor or looking at an Orb weaver to move the console over to a Tarantula.

If you enjoy Day Trading Online, it is a decent nest egg to start puttering with the exchange.

Otherwise it could be a chance to tune up your traits, doffs, and consoles.

Really, the pit is bottomless. :)
    • Options
      angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
      What I would do is buy a bunch of R&D materials needed to make Superior Upgrade Tech.
      Then sell those Superiors on upgrade weekend and see your 140 mil, double, triple or quadruple.

And as a matter fact, NOW is a great time to buy mats for ultra low prices due to the current promo.
      Superior Tech is always a hot seller come upgrade weekend, not only that but they sell for inflated prices.

That's my advice, but it will take some patience.

This is what I do and the reason I have more than 140 mil laying around. As said up there, with 140 mil more I'd just add it to the pile.
    • Options
      khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
      140 Million can't me buy anything useful!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    • Options
      architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      Krenim Imperium Warship. 5/3 weapons layout, Pilot and Intel seating, really love that ship. Just picked up a spare for 124 mil.
      Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    • Options
      tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
      Coffee. Always Coffee.
      Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet