test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks to everyone who puts ship boxes on the exchange

I'm too cheap to spend $128 on a Connie. But thanks to people opening thousands of boxes and putting the contents on the exchange, I've gotten a Manasa, Xindi Olean, Herald Quas and Vonph over the last couple of years with zero gambling needed and for less than that.

I have no luck at all in gambling, and I never win contests. So thanks! I'd probably have been one of the sad people posting about spending $200 and getting no ship without your work of opening stacks of boxes and selling us the results. I hope you enjoy your space riches, to me you've earned them.

Comments

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I'm too cheap to spend $128 on a Connie. But thanks to people opening thousands of boxes and putting the contents on the exchange, I've gotten a Manasa, Xindi Olean, Herald Quas and Vonph over the last couple of years with zero gambling needed and for less than that.

I have no luck at all in gambling, and I never win contests. So thanks! I'd probably have been one of the sad people posting about spending $200 and getting no ship without your work of opening stacks of boxes and selling us the results. I hope you enjoy your space riches, to me you've earned them.

That's how I get most of my lockbox, lobi ships. From the people willing to spend zen and or lobi on ships. Unfortunately, the super rare ships like the Annorax, or recently released original series T6 ships are a little out of my reach since I don't have billions of ec.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    That was how I got my KT Connie too; I waited for the price to come down a bit, sold 8 of my promo boxes, and then finally had enough EC to buy it (I'd been making do with a crappy T4 freebie Prometheus before that, so it was a pretty major upgrade!). No way in hell would I have spent hundreds of dollars on boxes hoping to eventually get lucky. I'm not balling on that level just yet. lol
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    You're welcome.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    I appreciated how the lobi ships and costumes dropped in price over the weekend as people spent the lobi from opening the rnd boxes. Got a couple good deals for myself.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I bought an extra 8 of them during the sale to post after the promo ends. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, so there'll be plenty on the exchange for months to come.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    While Ive never been able to afford any except my recent Vengeance.... Yeah thanks to those that post gambler ships and lobi ships
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    As a person who makes billions and who has spent billions on the exchanges. I will tell you one thing. As in life there are no such things as get rich quick schemes . No one is going to spend 20 million or more for a one chance of a gamble for a shot in the dark on something. It is not a efficient use of money. if you are experienced with the lock box rate of return you will know its not going work until your 29th try or higher. So if you are very lucky you can spend 520 million but most likely way more. Bad idea.

Rule of acquisition No 3: "Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to" and the old saying " A fool and their money are soon parted".
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    As a person who makes billions and who has spent billions on the exchanges. I will tell you one thing. As in life there are no such things as get rich quick schemes . No one is going to spend 20 million or more for a one chance of a gamble for a shot in the dark on something. It is not a efficient use of money. if you are experienced with the lock box rate of return you will know its not going work until your 29th try or higher. So if you are very lucky you can spend 520 million but most likely way more. Bad idea.

Rule of acquisition No 3: "Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to" and the old saying " A fool and their money are soon parted".

Good advice. If you treat playing the exchange as a side game and put a lot time and money into it you can get rich slowly. If you dabble it will be like stock day trading, where most people lose money.

I'm glad that there are people who enjoy that side game enough to put in all that work, so I can walk up, buy my ship, unbox it, and zoom around in space :)

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I enjoy playing the exchange as a side-game when there's not much else going on, waiting for cooldowns or doffing etc.

I've managed to bag several nice lockbox ships in the last couple of months so i'm always grateful for people dumping them on there. Also I'm seriously pleased with the "Infinity effect" as i like to call it, the price of a lot of nice ships and goodies has been cut to reasonable levels now the Infinity boxes are a thing, which helps out the vast majority of players by a huge amount. Still gotta save for things but at least now these toys are not ridiculously out of reach for players.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Better to use the TradingChannel as well. The exchange can only do so much. Once n a while you would get a much better discount in the channel as people check what's the latest going prize and at times they give substantial savings. I have tried them both (sell/buy) and exchange is cool but the channel always has great deals if you willing to spend sometime.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif